jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is Prince Harry's second combat tour to Afghanistan a victory over the Taliban o

1. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

Is Prince Harry's second combat tour to Afghanistan a victory over the Taliban or an extra hazard?

Some think that Prince Harry's second combat tour in Afghanistan is a victory over the Taliban and a morale booster while others think that his tour of duty attracts insurgent attacks. He is a highly qualified military officer and is a co-pilot and gunner on Apache helicopters.

2. Marcus Israel profile image60
    Marcus Israelposted 5 years ago

I guess in a way it could be more dangerous because the Taliban will attack more, but I know solders and Marines who would welcome that. It will also be more deadly to the Taliban because they may be irrational in there attempts. There could be sever outcomes, just depends on how you look at it. Its all just war.

1. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well said. It is not a question that has a single, audience friendly answer! There are many audiences and they only want to hear their own tunes.

3. jonnycomelately profile image81
    jonnycomelatelyposted 5 years ago

I see a man doing what he feels is right in life and, presumably doing it to the best of his ability.   He is human. 

He is born into a position, without choice in the matter. He does represent the interests of the British people.  He will be very aware of his duty.

He does have choices as to what he does with his life.   I bet he wants to be seen as one of the guys, doing his best to support them as they support him.

All we know about any person in the Royal Household is what we read/see in the mass media.  These are just my thoughts, not really answering your questions, Xenonit.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I do not see how this would be construed as a tactical or strategic victory over the Taliban unless he proves to be another T.E. Lawrence. But, the royal family of the UK does like to set the example for its subjects by serving in its nation's wars. Our republic likes to bribe poor people to do its fighting these days since our ordinary citizens are not warlike.

working