Did you witness of co-called Overnight success in any way ever?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image61
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 11 years ago

Did you witness of co-called Overnight success in any way ever?

Success needs your time,devotion,hardwork,sacrifice and so on.But some people claim it overnightly.why ?

2. Linda Cassini profile image60
    Linda Cassiniposted 11 years ago

This is probably a "poorly" timed question because of all the internet Hub problems in the past weeks..
    I joined 2 weeks ago and thought it to myself to be pretty inspiring to have had close to 500 page vies a day (482-)

So far as your "question"
    You are confusing "success" with "fame"

3. davenmidtown profile image67
    davenmidtownposted 11 years ago

Have you ever witnessed the so-called Overnight Success, in any way?

Success needs your time, devotion, hard-work, sacrifice, and so on, but some people claim it overnight. Why?

Why not?

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The public usually makes up its own mind as to who is a success and who is still getting there. In the public eye you can be an overnight success. The public does not always see what happens beforehand.

2. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image61
      Deepak Chaturvediposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Davenmidtown that's why m asking why?explain your why not:)

4. My Esoteric profile image86
    My Esotericposted 11 years ago

If you want to consider 9 month being "overnight", then yes.  My partner and I formed a company in July 2000 and set it up in her bedroom in Las Vegas, NV.  In mid-Sep 2000, we received a request for proposal from a very large company based on her ability to network.  In mid-Oct 2000, I responded with a bid, because that is what I am good at doing and by May 2001 they awarded us a $2 million contract; the other half went to another company.  By Aug 2001, they awarded us the other half as well.  Oh yeah, in Jun 2001, we got an office in Las Vegas.  Last year, we got our second 5-year contract extension.

BTW, we work our butts off keeping this contract.

My Esoteric thanks I appriciate your answer and of-course your endless efforts.

5. Maanasi profile image63
    Maanasiposted 11 years ago

There is no such thing as over night success one needs to toil day and might to achieve success

Thanks maanasi you are right. My contact id-deepakchaturvedi75@gmail.com

6. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

First..you have to define success......................

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are in the public eye or your work is in the public eye then the public will define success for you.

Success tells you everthing- your facevalue and your charm.You may feel success but other can smell it through you.

3. profile image0
      msorenssonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks to both..

7. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 11 years ago

Success definition varies from person to person smile

1. Linda Cassini profile image60
      Linda Cassiniposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I strive to be Arete !!! The only way to fly !!!! :0

Right.

8. Brandon Tart profile image60
    Brandon Tartposted 11 years ago

I have seen what appeared to be an overnight success story.  To comment on it may be unfair to the young girl - a genius painter - I agree that she is.   She is indeed brilliant, and deserving of her fame even though she is not even 16 now. 
    Prodigy comes to mind, and I know a few personally who have not seen such fame as hers.  Immediate attention was drawn to this young girl, and she is a millionaire even now long before she can even spend the money.

Which leads to the matter as to what success is, REALLY.  Is it money only?  Yes and no. Her work is successful, but due to having been allotted the time, space and opportunity for that talent to blossom, and her parents doing all they could to draw attention to her. 

I read this recently - "Parents, are you going to give up so easily on the children whose hand you once held through their first steps toward walking on their own now at this point in their life, where they are taking their first steps into the world of business?"I feel that very deeply.  But, on the other side of the coin, I have seen paupers transform into millionaires without parents to guide them.  We all want to matter - we all suffer from "once upon a time" mentalities.  It hurts to wait for the day that your talents and dreams will become your bread-earning daily routine, less the table-waiting, pot and pan washing, shelf-stocking job that we may now have.  I thought that writing a book, for instance, would be my way out of college debt.  Well, as it turns out, I am a nobody:  a sculptor, writer, illustrator and previously a landscape designer who writes query letters to agents like a lover who writes his beloved from war.  I feel like Forest Gump - my letters to Jenny keep getting returned with "your work is not a good fit for me right now," and "best of luck to you with your novel." Considering Forest Gump, "stupid is, is stupid does," and my rejections make me feel both stupid, and unsuccessful.  But what have I to learn from success when watching a movie that I still cry over to this day (which as a man I am comfortable admitting)? We'll go through wars, get shot in the ass, fail over and over to receive the returned affections of our Jennies, go through storms while others are docked and asleep; yet ironically, make the big catch while they dream on...
    Invest in Apple Inc. because of a man we once saved and finally - get Jenny.  That was more to him than his successes. To never-mind success and become one!

- "Jenniless" artist

1. Linda Cassini profile image60
      Linda Cassiniposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice..how you related to others to help gap the thought process smile

9. Rashad Al profile image63
    Rashad Alposted 11 years ago

I  don't think that would be true. Obviously it takes much more than an "overnight" coincidence to let something like that occur.

Thanks for your answer.It is true but some claim it.

10. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

Well there was one writer, I forget his name, who once said, "It took me ten years to become an overnight success." Devotion, hardwork and sacrifice are not always seen by the public. The public often only sees the work of the, say, writer when it all comes together. They see the finished product and not what goes into the making of the finished product.

Well said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)