jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How to save this country?

1. bmorton222 profile image61
    bmorton222posted 5 years ago

How to save this country?

How can we as Americans save this country? Removing Representatives? Getting rid of the IRS? Flat Tax?

2. Josak profile image62
    Josakposted 5 years ago

Presuming of course that the country needs saving, it's weird how everyone is jumping on the America is dying bandwagon, I am sure people during the depression thought the same thing, times have been harder before and probably will be again but the country isn't dying it's just going through a relatively short rough patch, nothing like as bad as the depression or as long. No need to be so pessimistic!

1. bmorton222 profile image61
      bmorton222posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that we are going through a rough time. America I know is not dying.  I feel we need to scale back on our goverment & spending.

2. angel4967 profile image60
      angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You sound like you lived through the great depression. May I ask what your personal experience was?

3. Josak profile image62
      Josakposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha I'm not that old tongue the evidence is statistical (the depression lasted much much longer than this crisis and was much worse).

4. angel4967 profile image60
      angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Statistical is correct but everything is adjusted for current circumstances.  As for lasting longer, we haven't come out of this one yet so that remains to be seen.

working