jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What do you want your congressmen to do for your city?

1. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 5 years ago

What do you want your congressmen to do for your city?

2. adamknows profile image60
    adamknowsposted 5 years ago

Exactly what constituents are consistent with, however, you raising this question does make me think that alot of really good ideas never make it into legislation because they get shot down before a second thought. I'd personally like to see more Health Checks on food places here, but thats just one issue. As far as creativity and expanding the mind, I would also like to see that more kids get to experience music the way they should. Which doesn't seem like a big issue until rudimentary artists bank and control the industry. Much love, this is a great question!

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I would love for He/She to make this city the once booming manufacturing city it once was. Now it seems like a retirement village with only low paying tourist jobs. Mostly restaurants and low paying jobs.

1. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That could happen if Federal government got out of the Nanny business and obeyed the Constitution. Corporations have taken over Washington, suborned by greed. America's wealth is being transferred by the private Fed bank and by Wall Street.

4. Onusonus profile image81
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

Deregulate, lower taxes, and allow the free trade market do it's job without having to worry about competing against the government.

1. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome. Too much fear mongering has led us to this Nanny Big Brother state of unPatriot Act, TSA fondling, and Rockefeller gluttony for power.

The Constitution is standing in their way, so their paid politicians have been shredding it for them

5. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I would love for my congressmen to get the Federal government out of everyone's business.

I would love for them to obey the Constitution for a change and to reduce the size of government.

All of the compassionate ideals of the so-called liberals should be done by individuals, not legislated by Big "Nanny" Brother government.

Like Germany 80 years ago, Americans have been lulled to sleep by their own Normalcy Bias and the Corporate Party media propaganda. The end is near. I wish like heck it weren't.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Nothing. Her job is to represent us to the lower House of the national government. The mayor and the city council are supposed to do things for our city.

working