Have you heard about the bill in congress about FEMA and mass casualties?

1. rclinton5280 profile image78
    rclinton5280posted 5 years ago

Have you heard about the bill in congress about FEMA and mass casualties?

There is a legislation that has recently been introduced to Congress that neither side is making any noise about. The bill pertains to FEMA making preparations for mass casualties.

2. howlermunkey profile image90
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

I had to look this up, haven't heard about it. Found an article that discusses this back on the 19th, so not aimed at "Sandy".

To me, not surprising, in fact, its a bit surprising that this wasn't immediately handled right after hurricane Katrina. It's probably been in discussion since then, and now finally making it to the table.

(Just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't read to much into it). Some kind of terror threat? Heck, we've been at like "code orange" or whatever for a decade. Pandemic has been a concern since the 60's. I don't think anything has changed, I think (sometimes) it just takes a LONG time to get some laws passed....

3. brblog profile image85
    brblogposted 5 years ago

I would think that FEMA and perhaps some other agencies have already done this many times. Government is good a planning for every possible scenario but not always so good at the actual implementation. I’m sure the conspiracy regime in this country sees this as another sign of our impending doom.

What would motivate a particular congressman (actually a congresswomen) to introduce a bill mandating such preparation? Who knows . . . anyway, that particular representative appears to be on her way out.

working