jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Who will help the United States now?

1. angel4967 profile image61
    angel4967posted 5 years ago

Who will help the United States now?

The U. S. is always willing to help other countries when they have a disaster or tragedy.  Who will step up and offer help now that 1/3 of the country has been hit by SANDY?

2. sathimanoj profile image60
    sathimanojposted 5 years ago

may be Iraq or Afgahnistan. Vietnam will surely help Americans. Japan might have forgoton the help US have given to them, otherwise they will. I cannot find any one who will not help america now, because helping an enemy in their distress is better than attack them in distress. Someone has to demonstrate this to America now.

1. Waldo Numbly profile image59
      Waldo Numblyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

huh?  Care to expand on that?

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

I know Canada will and already is. we help you folks out for any disaster. we were the for Katrina, the forest fires you had during the summer etc. the U.S. isn't alone in this world, it has family right next door, i'm taking it you didn't even realize this.well thanks anyway.

4. MSLewis profile image60
    MSLewisposted 5 years ago

Most likely no one, because other countries understand that an Imperialistic and Humanitarian approach to government leads to massive financial problems (like a 16 trillion dollar debt...).

While it is fantastic and necessary for a country to help out its neighbors, putting yourself in debt is not the way to do it. Think abou it on a smaller scale: say a co-worker's house gets destroyed. Would you buy them a new one by taking on a mortgage? No, because you're only setting yourself up for a lifetime of financial issues. It's the same thing on a governmental level: other countries get destroyed, and we build them back up on credit.

All that being said, if any other country were to give aid to the US, I would say the most likely candidates would be Japan (though they're still recovering from their storms last year), Canada, or the UK.

1. angel4967 profile image61
      angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like the way you brought this down to a smaller scale, it makes my point even more easier to make.  If my co-worker's house got destroyed I might not buy them a new house but I sure would make sure they had food & clothing at the very least.

5. Waldo Numbly profile image59
    Waldo Numblyposted 5 years ago

I know Canada has already sent help.  Let's remember that America is exceptional.  We have the resources and the moral impetus to assist others, while most countries can barely help themselves, let alone trying to give aid to America.

6. CHRIS57 profile image60
    CHRIS57posted 5 years ago

Most international disaster aid is limited to dog search squads or biwak tent cities or remote water purification plants. Is it that what you are asking for?
    All financial aid programs are limited to a couple of hundred million USD. Is that what you are asking for?
    Once in a while special technical equipment is needed to overcome situations. (like in Fukishima, Japan) Is that what you are asking for?
    Though much personal tragedy and drama came with hurricane Sandy, general perception in Europe is that much of the financial damage must be attributed to the poor infrastructure and disaster prevention measures in the US, in other words, made by man and not nature.
    What are the Netherlands or Northern Germany to say of storms, hurricanes and floodings? Happens every year, but consequences were taken, already centuries ago. Land is protected by dykes and dam gates here. Almost all electric power and information cable infrastructure is burried in the ground, no roadside cable masts. The US is #30 something in the world when comes to this kind of infrastructure, far behind peer developed economies. Must i say more?
    Please, get me right. We must all be humble, we send you dog squads and blankets if really needed. But again, is that what you request?

working