jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do when you are depressed??

1. shwetha123 profile image70
    shwetha123posted 5 years ago

What do you do when you are depressed??

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I look to see how I can make someone else happy.........................

3. messy marshella profile image81
    messy marshellaposted 5 years ago

I watch a feel-good movie or read a nice nvel.
    Sometimes I go shopping... "Me Time" is a really good therapy for depression. wink

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Make a hot cup of tea and read one of my favorite novels. They are specialized to create happiness, from my perspective.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I tend to wallow in it. Maybe not the best advice, but that's what I do.

6. CR Rookwood profile image87
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

I walk my dog. Or brush him. Sometimes I clean some part of the house and then take a long hot bath. Or, all of the above!

7. maddot profile image80
    maddotposted 5 years ago

Keep reminding myself that this feeling will pass and try to do something for someone else or just push myself to do something eg a walk, gardening, swimming as exercsie is very good for getting over a downer .
    If it's a bit stubborn and hangs around for a bit too long I try to see where it is coming from, analyse it to ge a better understanding of it...to be able to move on.
    Sometimes life is hard and some people get stuck in the pit of serious depression which must be very hard.
    My thoughts above are not related to serious depression but just the ups and downs of life.

8. Conservative Lady profile image74
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

Quick fixes for me are a little chocolate, a warm blanket, and Funniest Home Video's. For true depression that lasts more than a day or two - exercise, get plenty of sunshine, take Vitamin D supplements, especially if you do not get much sinshine, hang out with friends, WRITE about your feelings, and do nice things for others. If the depression goes on longer than a couple weeks - please seek help from a professional - it could be a true depression or a nutirent deficiency that a professional can help with.

9. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Surround myself with people I love and involve myself in a activity that makes other people happy and suddenly my life has purpose again:)