jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone noticed the price of gas increased the day after the Presidential Ele

1. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the price of gas increased the day after the Presidential Election?

The price of gasoline decreased for almost two weeks prior to the Presidential Election.  The price of gasoline immediately increased a few hours after the election results were announced.  I'mn my area the price of fuel increased .40 cents overnight.  I believe the price of fuel is deliberately decreased by fuel companies to remove the issue of overpriced fuel from people's mind when they are going to the polls to vote.  The almost immediate price increase of gasoline helps to explain my opinion.

2. LandmarkWealth profile image80
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

The price of gas did not move at all in my area, and we have 2 hours lines for a new tank.

flacoinohioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you in an area affected by Hurricane Sandy?  If you are, I believe the businesses in the area must freeze prices to prevent price gouging.  I hope you and your family are well.  We are fortunate to not have been impacted by the storm in my area.

2. LandmarkWealth profile image80
      LandmarkWealthposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but prices are not frozen.  Just a lot of long lines.  Expect the price of gas to decline as the recession begins in early 2013 as demand slows

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, and stocks took a dive.  I hope my friend's prediction of the end of the US is wrong.

4. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

No, but then again I haven't bought any gasoline since the election.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

The price of gasoline in my area, Baton Rouge, LA has been going down for the most part. One station near my home is selling it for $3.07 per gallon. Another station is charging $3.35. The higher price gasoline is sold at a station that has a recognized brand and is located at an intersection with a traffic light which facilitates entering and leaving--and it serves better coffee.

The lower price station is in the middle of the block of a major street and therefore most of its business comes only from people traveling in that direction. It is not a name brand station and because of its location it is harder to enter and exit.

Those are just some of the variables that impact the price of gasoline, over which the President has absolutely no control.  This is a case of providing the consumer a choice. Some buy the cheaper gasoline, which is more inconvenient. Others are willing to pay for the convenience regarding the ease of entering and leaving the station.

We have one station that is the only station within a three mile or more range of a very affluent subdivision. It usually has the highest price gas in town and the people in the affluent subdivision, continue to buy gas there because it is convenient.

flacoinohioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am not blaming the president, oil companies have lowered the prices of gasoline prior to every election since 2003 and as soon as the election is over the gas prices go right back to where they were before.  Maybe because my state is a swing state.

working