jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

According to the media, Petraeus is still very popular. Should Obama rehire him

1. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

According to the media, Petraeus is still very popular.  Should Obama rehire him as CIA Director?

2. J Michael McGuire profile image61
    J Michael McGuireposted 5 years ago

I don't think that the militarization of the CIA was necessarily a good idea in the first place. I preferred him as a general in the military, than a military man in the CIA. The affairs he has had say two things about him., First perhaps that he isn't the best person to trust, by his wife of the American people. The second is that he has bad judgment that at times might compromise him and potentially national security. Let's say he gets in an affair with a spy from another country. Say one advances on him because of their knowledge of his infidelity. Then suddenly he is being blackmailed for classified information.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

The media is lying. The entire government hates Petreaus, including the White House. He needs to be far away from the affairs of Washington.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Unfortunately...or not.....I'm fairly convinced that ship has sailed.  With all the hoopla and controversy and everything else going on, currently...this doesn't seem to even be a thought.   What's done is done....despite what the media reports.

5. dianetrotter profile image69
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

I think time should pass.  The investigation should be completed.  Petraeus and his wife need counseling.

working