BE HONEST, SENIORS! How many of you were SECRET Obama voters

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Don Bobbitt profile image84
    Don Bobbittposted 11 years ago

BE HONEST, SENIORS! How many of you were SECRET Obama voters

Be Honest. I have talked to a lot of Seniors since the election and many of them voted for Obama secretly. Although most wanted tp vote more conservatively, they just kept their mouth shut and as Romney burned his bridges with seniors, they finally voted for Obama. Most did not trust the Repubs to leave their income alone was the most voiced reason that I heard. So, who did you, my fellow Seniors, end up voting for?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6425193_f260.jpg

2. tsadjatko profile image64
    tsadjatkoposted 11 years ago

I voted against Obama and proud of it - those seniors you mention must not have children or grandchildren whose future they care about or Obama, being the politophile that he is, not only got the naive uninformed voter with promises of freebees, he also snagged the senile vote with fear mongering. Not a surprise.

Don Bobbittposted 11 years agoin reply to this

tsadjatko- Wow! Sorry  ]if my question offended you, but I was just trying to get a small dialogue going about this strange election process that we just went through.
      Perhaps I should put this online as a forum?

2. tsadjatko profile image64
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not offended just telling it like it is. UnderObamaevery citizen now owes $60,000 in America's debt and it wll only get worse - seniors who voted for Obama voted to leave their heirs worse off than the previous generation for the first timeinhistory.

3. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

I voted for President Obama and yes, I have children and grandchildren! Health care was my most motivating factor. Everyone, and I mean everyone should be able to acquire healthcare and not "ever" worry about meeting the plans lifetime limits. The last thing I would want is for one of my kids or grandkids to need medical care and find out the insuror dropped them for pre-existing conditions or they exceeded the lifetime benefits. The fear of Republicans doing away with Obamacare was my deciding factor!

1. tsadjatko profile image64
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The majority of the nation disagrees according to the polls and all the indications so far are that it will cost three times orignal estimates, won't cover hardly any more than already covered, will increase insurance rates, taxes, and the deficit.

2. Diana Lee profile image77
      Diana Leeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is the same reason I voted for Obama.  Many people fear the price will be more than they can pay, but I feel the price will be less because of it.  At least people will not be turned down left with nothing but doctor bills.

4. Nancy B. profile image67
    Nancy B.posted 11 years ago

Yes, I voted for him and wasn't at all secret about it. The 'conservative' party should be renamed to the 'capitalist control' party. That's all they're driving for, power and money, either through religion or business. To hell with the people that helped them to get there, once they've got theirs the rest of us can live in squalor or die.

So, yes, I voted for Obama and I didn't care who knew it.

Don Bobbittposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nancy- Great response. Down the road all the way with your standing. Thanks for the answer.

5. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

I supported Obama in 2008, but that was based only upon his rhetoric. Yep, I was lazy.

In 2012, I knew better. Living in the Philippines, I was saved the burden of Corporate Party media propaganda. I knew, for instance, that Obama had betrayed his Oath of Office more than a thousand times -- each one treason, to a greater or lesser degree. He swore to defend the Constitution, but ended up shredding it at nearly every turn.

Now, it's a felony to protest what the government is doing. Yes, in America. Now, you can be detained indefinitely without charges, an attorney, a trial or a phone call. Now, the president can murder you by executive order. Bye bye, habeas corpus and posse comitatus. The law is now what Obama says it is, or what his Corporate Party handlers tell him it is.

After seeing how the GOP fraudulently conducted their presidential primaries, it became clear that voting meant little any more in America. Votes were ignored, changed, and ballots were stuffed. Chairpersons were arrested on at least 2 occasions on false charges, all to disrupt the competition. Delegates were removed by whim, and one committee member was kidnapped by his bus driver for 2 hours while a critical vote was held. Kind of takes your breath away.

And when the presidential conventions of both halves of the Corporate Party were held, voting was essential declared dead. Roberts Rules of Order were used only as a sham without meaning. A pretense.

RNC Scripted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O248VaDpA

DNC Scripted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNg3u70FnY

Me? I supported a Third Party candidate, someone who has proved their love of the Constitution.

But with so many YouTube videos showing evidence of electronic voting machine tampering going back to 2000 election, I'm not going to vote.

I'm boycotting corporations and the government. Self-reliance is the only patriotic thing to do.

Peace!

6. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 11 years ago

They all were, unless, of course, the Hitlerian way of voting was instituted without my knowledge; which would not surprise me, given the state of things...

7. Globetrekkermel profile image63
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

I was out of the country on election day,but i would have definitely voted for him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)