jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is justice referred to as being blind because justice operates free of vegance?

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Is justice referred to as being blind because justice operates free of vegance?

2. kschang profile image90
    kschangposted 5 years ago

Justice is blind because it is supposedly blind of all influences, backgrounds, and associations, but instead, rely on science and evidence.

andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer, although I think you would have chosen the word "logic" in place of "science" as logic can encompass science and conscience through a subjective lense.

3. wba108@yahoo.com profile image81
    wba108@yahoo.composted 5 years ago

Because in America, justice, according to the Constitution is based on the "rule of law", not on personal preferrences, social status, race or any other measure!

Is the rule of law limited to the Americas? Afterall justice is blind, how is she to know where the barriers are?

4. daughterson profile image86
    daughtersonposted 5 years ago

Vengeance has not place in justice.  Justice is blind to anything except the law and no person rich or poor should have an advantage.  Unfortunately  justice is not blind as it was intended but instead subject to every possible kind of abuse.  If you are poor and cannot afford a good lawyer you will not most likely get the same chance as a rich person with a good lawyer with a whole team of investigators to prove your case -- guilty or innocent.  I could go on and on.

Is justice truly subjected to abuse or is it moreso of a matter of how criminal elements practice the key objective of objectively operating in blatant opposition to the law?

working