jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Out of all the crisis that "we" are face with ...what do you think is the worst

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image83
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

Out of all the crisis that "we" are face with ...what do you think is the worst crisis?

This could be any kind of crisis, even spiritual.

2. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

I think, that we as a nation, are facing an ever growing Constitutional Crisis. For decades we have been moving away from the Constitution and it's original Intent. By ignoring the 10th Amendment we have allowed the federal government to grow in both size and scope, and in doing so, we have overspent and eroded our freedoms and liberties.

Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is one crisis that many ignore, and you are right in saying that it is a crisis. The United States of American is now a different country than the one I was born in!

3. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Our single greatest and most urgent challenge is global climatic change. If we do not deal with this one issue effectively and soon, then it's "Turn out the lights; the party's over" for our species.

1. Mitch Alan profile image81
      Mitch Alanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Man-made global warming is a fallacy as I wrote about in one of my Hubs. We have experienced warming and cooling periods well before the industrial revolution. Ice ages melted melted well before I drove my SUV. Increased solar activity is linked.

2. JimTxMiller profile image77
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree, Mitch. My research supports my position as well.

3. Mitch Alan profile image81

If global warming is manmade, then what caused the last ice age to end? For that matter, what caused the ice age to begin with?

4. Co-D profile image38
      Co-Dposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To Mitch, fossil fuels where created over millions and millions of years. Compressed carbon atoms when the earth was very volatile volcanic and void of modern life. At the rate we are burning them the has to be some type of consequence.

5. Mitch Alan profile image81

Actually, coal, oil and diamonds only need heat and pressure, not time to be created. And, Jim was referring to man-made global warming and not the scarcity of fuel.

6. Co-D profile image38
      Co-Dposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The burning of oil is man made global warming, as is cutting down the main "filter" of out world the rain forest. And if you only needed pressure and heat to create oil, then we would be doing it.

7. Mitch Alan profile image81

If the burning of oil is the cause of global warming (which is what I think you meant), then what caused the warming cycle that end the last ice age when there were no SUVs and airplanes? Secondly, have you heard of biofuels including biodiesel?

8. Highvoltagewriter profile image83

However, we live in time of major clement change and it is up to us to take responsibility for anything that "might" effect the environment.  "We" must do what we can to try and change the outcome....Don't you think?

9. Mitch Alan profile image81

I have yet to see anything that makes the case that it IS man causing climatic change, when in the past it changed without us. If we are changing it through the use of fossil fuels, then would you stop driving, flying and using factory made items?

4. Co-D profile image38
    Co-Dposted 5 years ago

The single biggest crisis we have right now is the "truth". The truth that "we the people" are the problem of this country, NOT the government. WE let them get out of control, we let them spend our money, we can't do without our smartphones, our HD t.v.'s, and all our other wants. WE need to take back the governments power. The best way to stop somebody from hitting you is to hit them back. I advocate any non-violent resistance!

Yep, I agree big time, we are responsible for what happens in the country!

working