jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What should the government really crack down on, guns or drugs?

1. jonathan1018 profile image60
    jonathan1018posted 5 years ago

What should the government really crack down on, guns or drugs?

2. xanzacow profile image73
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Crack down on guns, and legalize marijuana. How many mellowed out people go on a shooting rampage? All joking aside, I do not think it matters. People get what they want whether it is legal or not. Government will not stop this.

1. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I loved the question you asked back smile

2. jonathan1018 profile image60
      jonathan1018posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have a great point. My first hub is going to be about the legalization of marijuana.
      100% agree that people will get what they want if it is legal or not

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The old saying"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" rings very true. It takes a human being to load and pull the trigger to kill another human being. There is enough black market crime as it is with drugs, and always will be. This is what guns will become if banned. The only ones with guns will be the criminals who will sale them illegally along with drugs. This will get even more people killed as in Mexico, as to who is going to control the "gun market." Think about how many innocent lives have been taken at the border or right across the border of Mexico over the greed for control of the "drug market."

1. jonathan1018 profile image60
      jonathan1018posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree. I truly believe that if they are made illegal then we will have two wars on hand; drug and weapon.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jonathon.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Neither. They are already attacking guns as it is. Despite the gun violence, which is only high in areas with plenty of gun laws who fear guns, I'd really like to own more weapons in my house and be able to protect my family. And drugs I don't believe they will ever have good control over. You should see how many people actually have drugs. It's insane! If they haven't been able to catch all of these people, I don't think they ever will.

5. jonathan1018 profile image60
    jonathan1018posted 5 years ago

I think it only fair that the person who asks the question also answer it.
    I looked at the National Institute on Drug Abuse website, and they mention that 570,000 people die each year due to drug related death compared to the 30,000 gun related deaths.
    Now my point with these figures, are the government has drugs as "illegal" So if guns are illegal, then the death tool will rise just as it did when drugs were made illegal.
    Why make them illegal when you can regulate them? We have the drug cartel now are we going to have the weapons cartel?

We cannot afford to begin battles on two fronts. Take the lesser of the two evils put a tax on the drug, regulate it and produce it so the people using it know it is safe. Same with the weapons put a tax on them (already do) regulate them (already do)  and put tighter restrictions (already have/done/doing)

working