jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you think that the Sequestration will affect your life, your state or tho

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image50
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

How do you think that the Sequestration will affect your life, your state or those around you ?

Every week, we are told that the sky is falling, that there are new dangers in the universe, the economy is tanking or there are a new nuclear bombs aimed toward the United States.  "THE SKY IS FALLING" over and over.  Do you think that the Sequestration will rock the economy, the markets or the employment ?  Who do you hold responsible?  (citizens, planners, elite, government, congress, HoR, President, Greenspan, God????)  Is this a real threat ?  Do you think that this was pre-planned ?  Do you think that this is to bring in the one world money system ?  Beast System? martial law?

2. Angela Blair profile image80
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

First and foremost -- this sequestration thing was initially the president's idea although he now denies it -- records do back that up. I think it's going to affect all of us to one degree or another and I'm willing to do whatever it is I have to do to help get this country on the right track with a budget and some common sense -- and there's lots of others who are willing to sacrifice "whatever" to get us going again, too. In my 75 years I've never seen this nation so divided, in such sorry shambles and so much untruth being bandied about. I don't think the "sky is falling" but at this point in time a prudent person will keep looking up and watching it. Finally, yes, I think the sequestration will cause a ripple in the economy -- but what's another ripple when we're threatened with such large waves?

3. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

I really don't expect much to change at all but I do expect President Obama to blame any unfortunate event that may come up on sequestration and the Republicans. Obama would be the responsible party - his refusal to trim the budget and his ever pushing for higher taxes is wearing thin and showing his true agenda. He has no desire to work with the Republicans - it is his way or he will make sure all the blame goes on his opposition. The lying liberal media will help him get away with it too....

4. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Tired of hearing whose fault it is the fact is, even though we need budget cuts, they all need to sit down and look at each program one by one because they look like they are throwing out the babies with the bathwater. 

Politicians here in Alabama are running around screaming "Oh no"! They hate the feds, but depend on them for everything since the biggest employer here is the government, NASA and the contractors that supply them. They want the budget cuts, but seem clueless really were to start. They are one of the poorest states, they rank near the bottom on education, near the top for poverty and crime... looks to me like without fed dollars and the government employers, things would be pretty dire.

I don't see a treat in every corner, what I see is over reaction and a lack of critical thinking and a media that loves to throw on the gasoline.

My husband faces a furlough since he works for the Department of the Army, it will cause us some problems, since he is getting ready for retirement and May 1st we face two house payments unless we sell this one in a market that will probably come to a screeching halt. And by the figures he got from HR, it will slash his take home almost in half, but we are luckier than most, since we have little debt and no children at home that depend on us.

5. bn9900 profile image80
    bn9900posted 5 years ago

I think it is a beautiful thing, the liberal democrats can not keep spending, and the conservatives are finally putting their foot down and not rolling over as pawn to Obama. Maybe no obama will sober up and start acting less like a baffoon and more like a president.....oh wait I think hes on another vacation to our 57th oops I meant 50th state.

1. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep those dang liberals keep spending on those human entitlements... When Bush took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion  people seem to act like that debt was somehow forgiven and Obama started at 0.