jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

There have been a lot of questions about our governments allegiances and naivete

1. Conservative Lady profile image76
    Conservative Ladyposted 4 years ago

There have been a lot of questions about our governments allegiances and naivete' - your thoughts?

Do you believe the American government is doing all they can to protect the United States from terrorists?

2. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 4 years ago

Personally, I have no faith in the process as it appears the right hand has not a clue what the left hand is doing as far as our government is concerned. It also seems in the rush to be "politically correct" and not insult/make any country mad that we're bending over to do the "right" thing and not employing common sense at all. It's my opinion that once a country loses their dignity -- and their power -- we're sitting ducks -- quack, quack!

3. Marisaupa profile image59
    Marisaupaposted 4 years ago

I believe that the government is performing the best a bloated bureaucracy can.  I am certain that there is no lack of allegiance that is involved.  What does occur, however, can best be described as inefficiency, lack of coordination and agency turf battles.

Also, as Angela Blair stated, common sense, a trait that for so long was quintessential to the American psyche, seems to have been tossed out the window for more "progressive" strategies and tactics.

There is not a lack of resolve, nor is there some sort of malicious underpinning that is afoot.  Rather, reason and logic is being overtaken by theory and intention.  If left unchecked, that has the strong potential to create dangerous situations indeed.

4. The Frog Prince profile image78
    The Frog Princeposted 4 years ago

Basic protection starts with border security and ours leaks like a sieve.  These professional pick pockets we call politicians are more interested in protecting their and expanding their voting bases than they are about protecting the citizens of this nation. 

The Frog