Some Questions About the Israel-Hamas War that Need Answers

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (254 posts)
  1. Deepa damodaran profile image89
    Deepa damodaranposted 6 months ago

The world is witnessing a war again, the Israel-Hamas war. The heart-wrenching pictures of death and devastation have already scarred our hearts and wounded the world in a fatal way.

We all know that a war is ugly always. However, in modern times, we at least have a responsibility to ensure that civilians do not get caught in the crossfire. Isn’t Mossad such an effective intelligence unit? Can’t they find and eliminate the leaders of Hamas, or those who are directly responsible for the carnage on October 7 and the succeeding days in Israel, and eliminate them while leaving aside the innocent citizens of Gaza? You watch all these American movies where they are so smart that they kill and capture the terrorists without harming the civilians using technology, and expertise. Where are those American experts, hostage negotiators, war strategists with a big heart, and commandos and marines who care? Or what is all this technological finesse that Israel and the US claims that they have developed for?

So many questions abound in all the people who have some sanity left in their minds. Why such an extravagant waste of human life, children killed on both sides in the most horrible ways?

How can one justify waging a political war by the means of terrorism, which exactly Hamas is doing. Instead, using all the resources that they have in their hands, as is proven by the number of rockets and war infrastructure that they have developed, why don’t they wage a propaganda war across the world to bring the world’s attention to the plight of the people of Gaza? The entire Arab world is so mighty that if they decide to bring the Palestine issue to the mainstream debate, they can easily do that. 

Please, let us put this escalation to ‘good’ use at least once. Let us find a solution this time so that all the lives lost are not in vain. There are so many people on both sides who are sane and wise. Can the UN form an intervention group comprising such people who have influence, power and a strong moral foundation, on both sides? Can such people sit together, talk to both sides, and do not stop till a solution emerges, please?

Why do a minority terrorist group or a small group of politicians and their vested interests get to decide the fate of millions in our world that is claiming to be a civilisation?

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 6 months agoin reply to this

"War is a place where young people who don't know each other and don't hate each other, kill each other, based on decisions made by old people who know each other and hate each other, but don't kill each other... ” - Paul Valéry.

That's all I have for now, but I will get back to you.

I was taught that wars are fought for economic reasons, but now I believe they are fought to have control over land. If you look at Putin and Ukraine, Putin wants the land back for Mother Russia. 

The same thing with Palestine and Israel.  Netanyahu and the Israeli's settlers think Palestine belongs to Israel, while the Palestinians want their part of of the land to be for them.  People make borders, not nature.  Israel has made many borders to control the Palestinians, so they can colonize Palestinian land.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Jimmy Carter said Palestinians Gaza is the worlds largest open air prison. To be colonized sounds nice. In 1500s only 1.5%  Jew's and 98,5 non Jew's in Israel. Today 74,% Jew's and 80% of them  are Zionist. Noone is allowed to be anti Zionist or an American gets fired.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 6 months agoin reply to this

"Why do a minority terrorist group or a small group of politicians and their vested interests get to decide the fate of millions in our world that is claiming to be a civilization?"

The situation where a minority terrorist group or a small group of politicians and their vested interests appear to wield disproportionate power and influence over the fate of millions in our supposedly civilized world is a complex issue that should raise concerns about the fragility of democratic and societal structures. What contributes to this phenomenon?

Perhaps the imbalance of power and resources can grant small groups the ability to exert significant influence over another group. Whether through unacceptable tactics, financial control, or manipulation of public opinion, these groups can disproportionately affect the lives of us all.

Also, systemic flaws within political systems, including corruption and the concentration of power, can enable a select few to manipulate decision-making processes in their favor. This can undermine the principles of democracy and accountability.

Lastly, the media and information landscape play a crucial role, as distorted narratives and misinformation can sway public opinion in favor of these groups. To address these challenges and ensure a more equitable world, it's essential to strengthen democratic institutions, promote transparency, combat corruption, and foster a media environment that values truth and objectivity.

This issue underscores the ongoing need for vigilance and reform within our global civilization to ensure that the interests of the many are not overshadowed by the few.

Sharlee:  You have done a wonderful job of generalizing the ideals of what it would take to bring peace to worn-torn countries and regions.  You have even covered not only the good aspects but also the bad ones.  You also presented it from both the political side as well as the human side. 

However, here is an article I wrote about six years ago that still applies to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict today.

https://discover.hubpages.com/politics/ … t-Conflict

2. Credence2 profile image77
        Credence2posted 6 months agoin reply to this

That was an excellent comment. Why and how can you support Trump and MAGA relative to that?

Your sounding more like a classic liberal

1. Credence2 profile image77

I am a classic liberal but like you,  I have some eclectic element. There are what some would consider radical leftist aspects as part of my viewpoints as well.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
          Ken Burgessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Finally have a concrete answer for that one.

Support for Trump, versus support for Biden... I want to keep the context clear that is what we are discussing.

As I said... bout four years ago when discussing why Biden was the worst of all nominees to choose from, he is "the establishment" he is the opposite of "We the People".

So, I finally found something that helps explain "the establishment":

Patrick Bet-David Deconstructs BlackRock's Influence and ESG Ratings
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvh4o6x3-GQ

Understanding who pulls the strings and how, helps define "the establishment" other than merely saying Financial Institutions and International Corporations and the Military Industrial Complex.

What is Trump then?

He is NOT "the establishment", he is not going to do what any of them want him to do.  This is why he was eviscerated by them in the MSM, by the politicians who they control, by "the establishment".

Trump is a lot of things, good, bad... whatever... but one thing he is not, is a puppet that is going to do whatever he is told to do.  He is a guy who did not want to be responsible for millions of people dying in a war(s) that could be easily avoided.  If nothing else.

Which is more than we can say for the Administration we have today.

The problem, Ken, is that Trump's so-called independent views and actions have shown themselves as authoritarian and dictatorial. I will accept the status quo any time over that option. Trump and his standalone values are worse than the "puppet" in my mind. Trump was just in office when these things were not occurring, I would certainly not give him any credit for the fact that they did not occur.

I will check out your video and let you know....

1. Ken Burgess profile image77

Things did not occur, because he chose not to make the choices which would have led to those things.

Authoritarian and dictatorial how?

In order to put into context my statements you must first watch the video which explains the corporate totalitarianism that most do not recognize.

Another good watch is below, longer perhaps... so I suggest dropping in at the 14 minute mark and hear what it says for a few moments.  This information helps explain what is going on in America, and across much of the world today:

1984 Tried To Warn You
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOWRbixDPw

This pretty well speaks of what I think of Trump and the people who support him

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ … ism-420681

The video piece is just an anti-Soros  rant, has that not always been the boogie man for your standard Right-winger?

The establishment is more than the sum of 25 years. Certainly we have problems with excess corporate power. My issue with you is the cause and the solution. People like Trump are the cause, so I can hardly expect a solution from them.

1. wilderness profile image97
                  wildernessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I might point out that without the whole hearted cooperation from politicians that corporate power would not exist.  If they cannot buy the votes they want they have very little power over anything.

And no, Trump was not the cause of that cooperation.

Correct, Wilderness. I agree that the "cooperation" is part of the problem.

But, while Trump is not the cause of the cooperation, he is not the antipathy of it either.

The video did not specifically target Soros alone.  BlackRock, Vanguard, etc. are of bigger concern, they control 88% of the market.  The richest 25 people have more wealth than the bottom 50%, etc.

All I am doing is explaining how your politicians, and your Party, is nothing more than yes-men to those who are causing the world's problems so that they can enrich themselves more.

If you refuse to see this, and continue to try to label those who expose it as rightwingers or trumpsters, well, so be it.  I'll refrain from further bothering you with Wrongthink.

I am simply not convinced, so it's not a matter of not seeing it.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

Do you not find that much of what I mentioned remains pertinent in our current political climate? Although these ideas are not novel, you inquire about my support for an America-first agenda. Did we not witness a more transparent White House, and an administration that, in my perspective, tackled issues affecting Americans while also managing foreign affairs, particularly in trade and peacekeeping?

It seems vital to focus on the present, especially when America requires attention. We can't be good neighbors if our own house is not in order. Consequently, I am currently seeking a new president who can address our challenges and work to prevent exacerbating problems they may struggle to resolve.

Do you feel we are headed in the right direction?

"Did we not witness a more transparent White House, and an administration that, in my perspective, tackled issues affecting Americans while also managing foreign affairs, particularly in trade and peacekeeping?"
            -------
            Not from my perspective, that is where we disagree.

I could see room for improvement but the past Administration would not be an example/model of what that would look like.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

What specific challenges or negative aspects of the previous administration's governance did you observe? I understand that there was a notable ideological divide in society, but what aspects of Trump's performance as president do you consider to have been detrimental to the country?  ( not his demeanor or his what some feel lack of character, but his performance in the job)

There is always room for improvement, to strive for a better Nation.

1. tsmog profile image84
                tsmogposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Jumping in . . . I had great expectations Trump would get something significant on infrastructure done. He didn't.

The entire establishment was against him, they could barely keep the mask on, they really didn't, it was fairly clear the machine was set to depose him and his efforts before he was even sworn in.

The fact that a record number of Republican Congressmen chose to retire rather than seek re-election in 2018, to ensure Democrats regained control of Congress, tells you a lot about how deep the roots go in DC.

I like to compare the two... Obama appeared to be a man of the people and was adored by most, was articulate as any since Reagan, was suave like Clinton... but he was a tool of the establishment as much as any.

Trump was brash, arrogant, narcissistic, unapologetic.. to the more educated and refined he came across as a deplorable buffoon who was a disgrace... but he was more a 'man of the people' and did more to further the average American's interests than any President in the last quarter century.

Good point --   During his election campaign, Trump made a commitment to collaborate with Congress on the matter. However, given that the Republicans held the majority in the House of Representatives before the 2018 Midterm Election, Trump refrained from pursuing any congressional initiatives for infrastructure spending. He was well aware of the historical GOP stance against government spending, considering it contradictory to their ideology. Trump seemed to weigh his decisions and pick his wars carefully.

Plus, he had a full plate with other pressing matters and most likely recognized that pushing for an infrastructure spending bill would be a challenging endeavor. One he would not win. Having already encountered difficulties with the ACA Healthcare law, which was one of his failed initiatives, he, as a non-ideological pragmatist, opted to avoid wading into another highly contentious and ideologically charged issue, such as infrastructure spending. One must keep in mind, that Trump is a businessman man knew what a losing battle looked like.  He did make some efforts to work with states with several Federal initiatives to bring up infrastructure.  https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-ad … ccelerated

Consequently, this particular campaign promise was not fulfilled to any great extent.

1. tsmog profile image84

That is fine and dandy, but I am still disappointed.

"What specific challenges or negative aspects of the previous administration's governance did you observe?"

Let me count the ways, and remember, Sharlee, you asked for it as I always have always said, Trump is a phony populist.

https://www.epi.org/publication/50-reasons/

Here is another even closer to home. Another morsel of agony..

https://www.pewresearch.org/2021/01/29/ … residency/

Being found lacking in character and appropriate comportment is part of the President's "Bully Pulpit. A man whose words, for good or ill, resonates around the globe. So, stupid and insensitive remarks that he makes will be a demerit against him. These concepts are part of his job description.

3. Deepa damodaran profile image89
                Deepa damodaranposted 6 months agoin reply to this

This is from Wikipedia, highlighting major foreign policy events happening during Trump's regime. "

U.S. foreign policy during the presidency of Donald Trump (2017–2021) was noted for its unpredictability and reneging on prior international commitments,[1][2][3][4] upending diplomatic conventions, embracing political and economic brinkmanship with most adversaries, and stronger relations with traditional allies. Trump's "America First" policy pursued nationalist foreign policy objectives and prioritized bilateral relations over multinational agreements.[5][1] As president, Trump described himself as a nationalist[6] while espousing views that have been characterized as isolationist, non-interventionist, and protectionist,[7][8][9] although the "isolationist" label has been disputed.[10][11] He personally praised some populist, neo-nationalist, illiberal, and authoritarian governments, while antagonizing others, even as administration diplomats nominally continued to pursue pro-democracy ideals abroad.[12]

Upon taking office, Trump relied more on military personnel than any previous administration since the presidency of Ronald Reagan,[13] and more on White House advisors than on the State Department to advise him on international relations; for example, assigning policy related to the Middle East peace process to senior advisor Jared Kushner.[14] Former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson was Trump's first Secretary of State, appointed for his experience and contacts in many other countries, particularly Russia.[15] During Tillerson's tenure at the State Department, budget cuts and Trump's reliance on White House advisors led to media reports that the State Department had been noticeably "sidelined".[14] Former CIA director Mike Pompeo succeeded Tillerson as Secretary of State in April 2018.[16]

As part of the "America First" policy, Trump's administration reevaluated many of the U.S.'s prior multinational commitments, including withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the INF Treaty, the UNHRC and UNESCO, and the Paris Agreement, and urging NATO allies to increase burden sharing. The Trump administration introduced a ban on travel from certain Muslim-majority countries and recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. He sought rapprochement with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un as part of efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula, though North Korea expanded its nuclear arsenal. Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal and increased sanctions against Iran, precipitating several confrontations with Iran. He increased belligerence against Venezuela and Nicaragua while overseeing drawdowns of U.S. troops from Syria, Iraq, Somalia, and Afghanistan, while agreeing with the Taliban for a conditional full withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021. He also increased U.S. drone strikes in Africa,[17] and continued the U.S.'s war on terror and against the Islamic State terror organization, including overseeing the death of its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in October 2019.[18] In January 2020, Trump ordered a drone strike in Iraq which assassinated Iranian major general Qasem Soleimani.

The Trump administration often used economic pressure to advance its foreign policy goals.[19] Trump's import tariffs agitated trade partners and triggered a trade war with China. He also signed the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA), a continental trade agreement which replaced NAFTA. Trump's administration brokered the Kosovo–Serbia agreement, the Abraham Accords, and subsequent Arab-Israeli normalization agreements with Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco."

1. Readmikenow profile image94
                  Readmikenowposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Too bad you couldn't site a better source.

When I write articles for various publications I'm not permitted to use Wikepedia as a source.

It is known for being unreliable.

Any source can be biased to different degrees. I just wanted to remind all in this discussion about the major milestone events at that time, on the foreign policy front.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
                    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Readmikenow: He could have done worse. He could have used FOXNEWS.

4. Ken Burgess profile image77

Because that same comment can be used to describe what is going on here, in America, today.  Especially regarding how the media is used to sway people to support a minority of corrupt individuals that can disproportionately affect the lives of us all.

Things in America today have become severe, more so than most older people such as ourselves recognize. The focus has not been on us so much as it has been on the younger generations.

Those of us who are older, do not see much on how the young (under 25) have been assaulted by the 1984 Goerge Orwellian like Subjectivism that will allow them to be controlled by an authoritarian overpowered Federal Government which we see spreading out to encompass every facet of our lives today.

Subjectivism is the doctrine that "our own mental activity is the only unquestionable fact of our experience", instead of shared or communal, and that there is no external or objective truth.

There are not two sexes... there are 72.  Men who say they are women must be accepted as women. Open Borders are "secure". Crime is not crime, etc. etc.

The assault on what had always been concrete fact...stealing being a crime, a human being a human (rather than a furry make-believe identity) is very real, especially for the young.

3. Wellness Wave profile image61
      Wellness Waveposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Hamas is designated as a terrorist organization by several countries, including the United States, Israel, Canada, the European Union, and others. However, it's essential to note that the issue of the Israel-Hamas conflict is highly complex and has diverse perspectives. The call for a peaceful resolution is a shared concern, and many hope for a solution that prevents further loss of innocent lives.

2. Deepa damodaran profile image89

True. Wish the world could see beyond violent solutions. It is the same tragic drama unfolding century after century.

Certainly hate can lead to murder. Although I remember more physical bullies and violence in my youth. I learn fighting skills and managed to protect myself and my love ones circle, without seriously harming anyone. And today,  I see alot more online, media,  political fighting and divided people. Yet less deaths in wars and actually physical violence because we do have stronger laws against violence than ever before. Today, I've learn the art of not fighting with a thicker skin, because people can get hurt. The weaker people are, the more dangerous they are. Encourage peace and love for every opportunity we encounter conflicts in an over ego world.

3. Deepa damodaran profile image89

There is an ancient narrative about a promised land. Then, there is the issue of control over land and water sources in modern times. One simple fact that Israelis must realise is that you cannot live in peace if you have an oppressed, deprived, and thirsty neighbour. No doubt, Israel has been an oppressive regime, almost a terrorist state, and great injustice was done to the Palestinians. However, Israel and its people have a right to exist. They must not be punished for what happened in history and what their politicians with extreme views do. And every human life is equally precious. The collective punishment of the Gazans for what Hamas did is totally unjustified. The two-nation proposal of the UN was a beautiful idea. Jerusalem, which is an important religious place for the Jews, Christians, and Muslims, might have become a model of religious syncretism, a place where all can come together and worship. Why are we not able to celebrate our diversity instead of being divided by it is a question that humanity must start pondering in-depth. I think if the world's political leadership wills so, we can have a far more equal and peaceful society.

Being mini anarchist and non religious has been the most lovely and peaceful state of well being that I could imagine.  After the blues and red people fight each other to total exhaustion.
      Maybe they will turn into together purple  My daughter made an animated film story called purple people. She ended up scraping the film.

Here is an article I wrote about six years ago about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but it still apples today.

https://discover.hubpages.com/politics/ … t-Conflict

Looks like a total opposite landmass reverse from Palestinians in 1946 to Jewish/Zionist 1948. They simply won't get along, best to decide in the division of the land territories and systems.

Thank you. Will read the article and get back to you.

Castlepaloma, as you said, this is absurd violence after some point which has already passed.

Like grandma says, This too will pass.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

I would like to make some points.

How many Israelites live in Gaza?

Zero...none.  Thousands of Israelites left or were removed from Gaza in 2007 in an effort for peace.  Why does everyone forget this effort?

Why does Hamas exist in Gaza?  They were voted in by the citizens of Gaza who voted out the peaceful Palestinian Authority.

The United States as well as the world has given millions of dollars to the Hamas government since 2007 for hospitals, schools, and infrastructure.  What did they do with the money? They purchased weapons, dug terrorist tunnels, etc.  There are videos by Hamas of them turning construction materials donated to them into weapons.  Hamas does not care about its citizens.  That is why they put their weapons in the basements of hospitals and schools.

It is in the Hamas Charter to kill Jews and destroy Israel.

The Citizens of Gaza come and go as they please from Gaza.  Thousands of people in Gaza have work visas and travel to Israel for work daily.  They can be in Israel but Israelites cannot go into Gaza. That is how it is.

I have a relative by marriage who is from Israel.  I've been there a few times.  It is not as the world thinks it is there.

If Israel put down their weapons there would be millions of dead Jews.  If Hamas put down their weapons there would be peace.

So well said. It has now become the rant to many to label Israel as warmongers. History shows each and every conflict they were in, they were badly provoked. I am glad you shared your own experience. Because it is much like my own. Jews are peaceful human beings.

The rhetoric that is now being spread is unfounded and dangerous. You stand out and should be proud to have shared your truth.

Jews are peaceful human beings.
          ---------
          That is a generalization that I would not necessarily support. It is a stereotype I have heard since I was a kid.

Please take some time to look at the past conflicts that Israel has been a part of.  You will see they were provoked. There is no doubt that they were not wanted from the very first days and that they have fought to keep Israel. But, they are peaceful people. 

In my view, I find them to be very strong people who thrived after the war. A war that took so much from them. They kept their innate values and thrived.

Were the Jewish settments after WWII created with the cooperation of people already living there? So, I guess that I will have to separate the "good Jewish people" from the Israeli government who continues to allow massive settlements in disputed territory to the detriment of the Palestinians. This is and has been an ongoing complaint going back decades. Hamas or no Hamas, the Israeli Government  is still complicit in these matters.  Even the US state department found this an issue of concern. Obama was the only one who want a more even handed approach in the region while Trump and now Biden, wanted to suck up to Israel at any or all costs. While their government absconds with land, they in fact are and is part of what can be called provocation.

Not everybody subscribes to their fables which basically says, we are entitled to it all and you are entitled to nothing. What a great foundation to start negotiations.

Any people as a whole is peaceful by nature. There will be a tiny minority who want to create trouble in any society. And leaders who lack farsightedness and vision and pursue narrow interests. Then, there are matters of colonisation, the histories of the Jewish holocaust and displacement of Palestinians, religious differences, fundamentalism, resistance, diplomacy, and of course terrorism involved. If you put 2.1 million people in a congested box, deprived of mobility and opportunities for a better life, radicalisation potentially happens. But that is no excuse for terrorism and harming innocent people. Maybe Israel could have been more involved in providing education in Gaza and empowering the younger generation there at least. Maybe the international community could have intervened for a two-state solution in a more sincere way. At least from now onwards, the international community together with Israel and Palestine, as two free nations, and the people of both 'countries', need to work towards better solutions and peace; try to heal and forgive each other, which has become very difficult and almost impossible now. But we owe at least that to the children of both sides. I copied this picture from 'The Guardian' and kept it with me, which for me, equally represents the pain of both sides though this picture is from one side.

https://hubstatic.com/16764207_f1024.jpg

Courtesy: The Guardian

Also, if any of you are interested, please read the book by Paola Caridi. The name of the book is, 'Hamas: From Resistance to Regime'. She, by a tiny fraction, stops short of calling Hamas a terrorist group but it is implied in her words that Hamas has turned into one. Also, in her interview with Karan Thapar, a brilliant and very sensible Indian journalist (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGyBoVmbSI), she shares the curious information that the political leadership of Hamas is somewhat cut off from the decisions that the military leadership of Hamas makes. But she also says that the political leadership is complicit. Let me make it clear that I am in no way related to this author, her interviewer, or the TV channel link I am sharing. The interview was helpful for me as I was trying to understand the meaning and logic (or lack of logic) of all this violence erupting.

"If you put 2.1 million people in a congested box, deprived of mobility and opportunities for a better life, radicalisation potentially happens."

What are you talking about?  There are two ports of entry into Gaza.  There is one in Israel as well as one in Egypt.  People from Gaza daily travel into Israel for work.  They do this by the thousands.  How is this putting them in box?  Remember, Palestinians from Gaza can freely travel into Israel.  Israelites are forbidden from going into Gaza.

"The Israeli Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) said last month that it had issued about 18,500 work permits to Palestinians in Gaza."

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 … -west-bank

The only people depriving the people of Gaza of a better life is Hamas. 

Hamas doesn't care about it's own people.

That is a fact.

About 70% of Gaza citizens are refugees from their own land of Palestine since 1948. Israel has fought 8 surrounding counties and made an agreement with Egypt on conditions of border crossing. There is about 100,000 Palestinians refugees already in Egypt and 100,000s refugees in surrounding counties. Gaza citizens can not go in or out of their totally Israel occupation concentration camp. As you know the average citizens is very ignorance about politics for when they voted for Humas. They were wrong just like us on how we voted for Trudeau or Biden. Personally they all are pro wrestling tag team magalomanics for the head of the snake financial mad greedy institutions. I declare my private independent from them.  We the people, alway end up the true consciousness and the true leaders of our nations and world.  Many leaders from western nations are calling to stomp out Gaza.  Like Hitler aim to stomped out gays, Jew's and atheist. Guess what they came back stronger. Yet, even more so humanitarian like countries are calling for pro Palestinians. And maybe a larger protest than the 9/11 false flag war in protest worldwide. I find all major wars false flag and hell on earth, a mental illness beyond compare. This is the most dangerous situation since war world 2. Israel actually using many illegal world war 2 tactics now.  US can not afford economically two major wars at the same. Along  with other start ups with Russia and China. They will spend themselves to death like USSR did. And poverty is the ultimate killer along with stupidity.

"Gaza citizens can not go in or out of their totally Israel occupation concentration camp."

This is a blatant lie and falsehood.  Why would you say something so demonstratably false?  You have problems with reality. 

READ

"The Israeli Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) said last month that it had issued about 18,500 work permits to Palestinians in Gaza."

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 … -west-bank

Thousands of people from Gaza are in Israel daily.  Many for work and many for other reasons.  AGAIN, Israelites are NOT permitted in Gaza.  I once flew into Tel Aviv and had a conversation with a very nice Palestinian man going to visit his family in Gaza.

The goal is to destroy Hamas, and they need to be destroyed.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
                  DrMark1961posted 6 months agoin reply to this

I am not sure why he is lying here but he is not alone. There are also people in the US congress that are lying like this. I doubt any of them have been to Israel or Palestine or are aware of the large number of Palestinians that work in Israel.

It is a fact that there are some 18,000 Gaza residents who have work permits to work in  Israel.  Many were and are trapped in Israel after the attack, and are being placed in the West Bank.
                    https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/bu … eturn-home

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

What country border can a Gaza palestinians cross right now? Answer- none. As I've said before they are trapped like fish in a barrel. Certain Palestineain with permits are allowed into Israel, that is still totally occupation and control of that human being. Israelis can still torture or kill them at will with no opposing views accepted. Israelis are as free as hell. What is really difference is hardly anyone in the world in media coverage couldn't  see the real illegal Apartheid since 1948.  Or the murdering in twice the numbers of 9/11 which really looks like on film. Except planes not ever knocking down skyscraper before or after 9/11.
                  Can't believe the most secured border in the world had 15 entrances to it. To kill over 1000 Israelis by trucks, paraglider, guns and weak rockets, wail missing 40 beheaded babies as evidence. Then took up to 250 hostages with no opposition from Israelis soldiers, for a period of 8 hours. That has every marking of an inside job like 9/11. 

I'm terrible sorry some Israelis ancestors were tortured and killed by the Nazis , yet the Israel leaders are acting the same.

If any Palestinians could cross anywhere they would in a heartbeat to save their lives. From my world historical studies of warfare on museum work I do and Gaza. Is these criminal war tactics are of world war two and some way worse than civil war tactics due to lack survival possibilities of fuel, water, food.medicine, crunched bodies under rubles and white phosphorus munitions , on ground swept, weapons of mass destruction and properganda machine. The US given Israel more funds than any nationalist country in the world and ever since world war 2.
                  I think their aim is to drive Gaza citizens again to tent living, like 5 million Syrians are now. Except worse 4th world health condition in desert of Egypt.  In the globe order of build back better, lie of the century. Now the whole world is watching this time. Going to be very difficult with not calling it a genocide and a threat to the world on camera.

Have you not asked yourself why the Egyptians do not want the Palestinians in their country? If one of my neighbors asked for refuge I would give it unless he was a known murderer and thief.

"What country border can a Gaza palestinians cross right now? Answer- none."

Answer...there is an entry and exit point in Egypt.

"Maybe Israel could have been more involved in providing education in Gaza and empowering the younger generation there at least. "

Palestine has received aid from the US and other nations for decades. Money that was intended to build schools and infrastructure. They were and still remain very backward, this was the case long before Israel was settled.  Actually, Israel is responsible for bringing better infrastructure into Gaza and the West Bank. They also brought better education and jobs. Palestinians work in Israel. These are people who did not thrive and still don't. It is not the fault of Israel. 

Hamas seemed to be their solution, they wanted their land back and refused to live peacefully beside Jews. Hamas are terrorists, and it is clear they now have adopted the killing of innocent civilians.  This kind of ideology is not civilized, and it needs to be stopped. It would benefit the people of Gaza to join with the Jews and rid their land of these murders. 

It is very unfortunate that the Palestinians seem to have accepted the tactics Hamas uses, because of this they have forced the hand of Israel to stop this form of war. The Palestinians have a very long history of starting a war but feel they should not be warned against it. This is a skewed thought process.  It can only lead to more deaths of their people.

It would be lovely if these two people could live side by side. But realistically that has not been the case. Perhaps that day will come.

It is the fault of Israelis, British and US.  They dumped victims of holocaust survivor from Germany and Russia into countries into Palestine in 1947. Then Israel had war with 8 Muslims countries kicked their butts. With US given Israel 250 billion dollars more than any nation in the world.  I've toured most of the middle east, very interesting to visit. Yet wouldn't want to live there.  As well as the US anymore, which did did for 20 years.  US is more dangerous to travel than the middle east except in the war zones by the US. I've been more education from traveling than any school of north American indoctrination camps. One thing worst than the American oversea slavery trade. Was the longer and higher numbers of Arab slavery history.

As far as history of war battles
              1st France
              2nd British
              3rd America
              4th China.
              5th Japan
              In world world 2
              1. USSR 27 million killed
              2. China 14 million killed
              3. 7 million Christian killed
              4. 6-8  million Germans killed.
              5. 4.5 to 8 million, US 1980 since Muslims kill
              6  2 to 6 million Jews killed.. debatable between Judaism Jews and Zionist.
              Americans killed 420,000. Killed .
              Although Zionist made more war movies and old American western films that killed.
              Hollywood represents US culture.

In my view, large cities around the world can be dangerous. The US's larger cities do have an increase in crime. The reasons are many, all of which could be solved. However, most politicians could care less about crime.  They have bigger fish to fry.  They don't live with it...  And it would be expensive to solve.

The Jews went to their holy land after the war, feeling they were entitled to. They were not accepted. I don't think they ever will be. It is such a diverse subject, hard to weed through all the problems that occurred due to their choice to return and claim land that was long settled by Palestinians.

What many don't except is Judaism was once the rightful owner of David in the Hollylands of Palestine. And Judaism jew's and many Gulf countries mix well with Palestinian living in peace together. Accept Zionist who occupation Israel is a cult religion invented in the 1880s disguise as Jewish. . As you know Muslims take their birthplace, constitution and their religion to their whole soul of their well being.  To be kicked out of their home a few times. Reminds me of our native American story moving  in Tepee. Then put into the world largest prison, then being boss around every day, Then being decolonizating of their  culture, land and religion for 75 years. The only God I'm aware of, is nature and my art in my universe.  The fake God called Government, charges me on half my money. Yet at least I can do up phony contact with them. Being a volunteer agreement laws that I still have choice to sign or not. If I can get away with the latter. And play the matrix game better than the Government. I live a private life and nobody owns me.  Unlike the Israel who owns everything in the lives of Gaza Palestinian.  Looks like they are destroying their homes again and moving them down into Egypt to set them up in tents in a desert. Using the model like 5 million Syrians who still living in tents, just hoping to survive the winter.

I would die, rather than be that kind of slave or prisoner.  And certainly a Zionist being a fake God of war can go to hell on earth  Even the real Jews don't  believe in Heaven. Any apathy?

Shar,

Have you ever been to Israel?

Most people don't realize when they go there that the Church of the Nativity, the place people go to see where Christ was born, is in the West Bank.  Bethlehem is in the West Bank.  There are not the problems there like there is in Gaza.  Why?  It is governed by the Palestinian authority.  They work with Israel and together they provide a peaceful place for tourists to visit and experience. So, my point is, it's possible for Israelites and the Palestinian Authority to have a peaceful existence. 

Hamas is the problem.

I have never been to Israel. I did know that the Palestinian Authority has worked well with Israel to keep peace, and actually a prosperity that is not what you see in Gaza. 

I hope that the Palestinian Authority/West Bank can stay out of this war. It would be sad to see the progress in that region marred by terrorists.

The Zionist have more secrets than anyone could imagine. I had two prior Judaism Jewish girlfriends who I loved deeply and were so beautiful.  Yet Secret's from Zionist is a great waste of time.

4. Deepa damodaran profile image89

peoplepower73, I read your article. It is really a very good explainer capturing all the nuances, many of which we often forget to notice. Once again, thank you for sharing.

5. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 6 months ago

Israel's conflict widens...

The USS Carney, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the northern Red Sea, on Thursday, shot down multiple missiles and drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen that the Pentagon said were potentially headed toward targets in Israel.

It is the first time in recent memory that a U.S. Navy ship in the Middle East has engaged missiles and drones that were not directly aimed at the vessel.

It's also the first U.S. military action taken to defend Israel in the current crisis and with the U.S. and other countries trying to contain the conflict between Israel and Hamas, the possibility that an Iranian-backed proxy group fired missiles and drones at Israel is sure to increase growing regional tensions.

The ship was in the Red Sea on Thursday evening local time when it intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said at a press briefing. U.S. officials on Friday told ABC News that the Carney had brought down four cruise missiles and 14 drones launched by the Houthis, an update from the three missiles and eight drones reported earlier.

The Houthis is another terror group  thought to be financed by Iran

https://abcnews.go.com/International/se … =104147141

Heard one report there is 2000 US troops on the ground. Who saving those million kids?

Another proxy war for sure, this will not be ending until they know America is no longer bogged down in its futile efforts in Ukraine.

I wouldn't put it past this new alliance of nations of planning on this, spread America's military efforts out, force it to engage in multiple locations, the Dollar is near the breaking point, our military is not up to the task of putting boots on the ground in multiple locations...

The ignorance and arrogance of this Administration that chose war over negotiating peace with the one opponent that had the nuclear capability to keep it at bay... is bringing war and ruination to the western world.

I completely agree with your perspective. It's evident that this situation appears to be another proxy war, and it's alarming how it might continue until the U.S. diverts its attention from its efforts in Ukraine. The idea of spreading America's military efforts thin, especially when considering the strain on resources and the challenges of deploying troops in multiple locations, is really concerning. The potential consequences for both the U.S. and the world as a whole are troubling, and the preference for diplomacy over war could have been a more prudent approach, especially when dealing with a nuclear-capable opponent. It's a complex situation with far-reaching implications, and your concerns are mine.

I mean how much worse will this all get before Biden is seen as unfit to do the job?  Look at the screaming mess we are in...

I think it will become worse when the draft is reinitiated. I read a couple of articles on the problems with recruitment, and that our military is badly depleted.  Oh, my will liberals start to scream when their little gems are drafted.

Just like how the Roman collapse with too many major wars in too many places at the same time. Europe is in even harder times than us. Because of global warming, they will be freezing to death this winter.  Europe follows US in war which is outrageous.
          Wail US printed fiat money is not worth toliet paper in many places. Saudi Arabia did  follow US lead , now no more. Gold is real money being replaced in eastern currency and US won't buy in to it. I kept saying 15 years ago that US fiat currency and Pedro dollar will collapse. It's why housing first, freedom 2nd and food 3rd was most important business to me. And  the real war is about economics and social structure substainablity.

"Just like how the Roman collapse with too many major wars in too many places at the same time."

What we could see is a world war, and I would surmise the US will be heavily relied on due to most European nations do have not the stomach or the military to fight a war. 

I think the US and gold they still maintain the biggest gold reserve in the world.

Not really sure about the problems the EU is having with Global warming, I have read Germany is returning to coal this winter. This does not say a lot about their fight against global warming.

"Government officials in Germany have approved a plan to bring some shuttered coal-fired power plants back online in an effort to avoid energy shortages this winter. Cabinet members on Oct. 4 said they would support putting on-reserve lignite-fired power plants back online from now until the end of March 2024."

I think the great push for clean energy needs more work and less talk.

I  think there is a lot of information that is not completely true in regard to climate. Very scientific stuff... Not sure armchair scientists should be predicting anything about climate. It is clear from what I have learned that we have growing problems, that have accelerated over the past 20 years. However, in my view, real feasible plans are needed to combat global problems.  There are many pros and cons in regard to wind and solar, that are not being considered, which could cause very serious problems to our soil and water. But hair-on-fire individuals are talking above all of that.

Gold left the banks in 1972, although some Politicans do think the US currency is backed by gold. It was backed by oil some. Yet, BRICS and  members are dominants in energy by oil, gas, cobalt and uranium.
              Oh well, America has the busiest money making print machine in the world. The test will be the crys and screams this winter in Europe. Imagine tropical immigrants tented in homelessness Canada and Gulf of the middle east in the starving games.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countri … ry2=turkey

Turkiye is prepare for war, they have a bad blood relationship with Israel. They may have a stronger military long term than Israel. Please doG don't let it be so.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 months ago

(... and Israelis (and Zionists) need to respect those who are not Jewish.)

BTW:
    Q. Who ARE the ZIONISTS?

Zionism is a nationalist and imperialism movement that emerged in the 19th century to enable the establishment of a homeland for the Jewish people in Palestine a region roughly corresponding to the Land Jewish tradition In the book Torah which Zionist don't exist.
      Following the establishment of Israel, Zionism became an political ideology that supports "the development and protection of the State of Israel. The Zionist were the hired warriors in connection with maxiam in Russia called the f__kers. Theodor Herzl was the founder of the Modern Zionist movement. In his 1896., Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Zionism has continued primarily to advocate on behalf of Israel and to address threats to its continued existence and security.
      Zionism has never been a uniform movement. Its leaders, parties, and ideologies frequently diverged"ancestral" country. Zionist make up 80% of Israel population.And have been the warlords and landlords ever since the start of their existence 1947. Peaceful my..,   ask me no questions and I will tell no lies

Two most frightening words, we allow and we are here for your safety.

7. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 6 months ago

It is only conservatives that are simplistic enough to take a side regardless if taking that side is a fair and just solution. It  is much like "my country right or wrong". It is an not an excuse for my country to behave badly. Israel is not  seeking a fair apportionment of land between itself and Palestinians. Their aggressive settlement policies has been frowned upon by Western Europe and called provocative by the United States. I don't believe all that white folks juju about God's chosen people and land given to them by God

But in the conservative mindset, when choosing between the Cowboys and Indians they will always choose the cowboys. How many old westerns do you have to see to realize that? Clever how Hollywood had turn a historical travesty of theft and deprivation into how the West was Won.  And, I guess that I don't really have to wonder why....

It is not pro Palestinian or pro Israeli, but pro lasting fair and equitable agreement for coexistence for both sides, even if it means two separate states. Israel has been an impediment to that goal at least in the 50 years since I did my thesis criticizing Israel regarding it.

Playing cowboys and Indians, everyone wanted to be the cowboys, I was OK being the Indian. Later in life I married a native American. The native American strongly participated in the writing of the Constitution and 80% caretakers of the natural environment. Probably I feel more brown or native inside than white.

I'm sure 10,000s are died in the Gaza massacre. Hard to imagine the world watching and among them are so many heartless people cheering on the ethnic cleansing.  And think that constitute to genocide, crimes against humanity, or war crimes. . Dozens of clinics and hospitals have to shut with babies in incubator that die in 5 minutes. This apocalypse mean unveiling the truth and those support this insane greedy madness will be haunted for the rest of their lives, the extra buck won't matter. If they have any conscious.

Well, living in Big Island Hawaii, there is this term, haoelie, which is literally translated as "newcomer", but has been used as a rather derisive term for whites coming in from the mainland.

Being a person of color, I was given the benefit of the doubt. I was considered to be an honorary 'local' with a tweet here or there.

But haoelie is more of an attitude rather than a proper noun. Whites that adopted attitudes of locals and local ways cease being haoelie, It just takes longer.

Same with my stay in Panama for 6 months, only whites are truly identified as "gringo", even though from a geographic point of origin, I was one as well. Being a person of color, I get the benefit of the doubt, with a wait and see attitude. Again, we worked hard to dispel the image, by welcoming the locals, not economically exploiting them and quickly trying to get some fluency in the Spanish language. The locals recognize this as separating us from other US expats. They rewarded us by taking us in, showing us how to avoid paying "gringo" prices for the same stuff they acquired much cheaper. There were several aspects of life there that were unpalatable, but it was a small to pay. So, too, gringo can be an attitude and not a definition for an individual.

Treating people the way you want to be treated usually breaks down more than a handful of barriers.

So, as for Israel, like I said, Netanyahu will use this situation as the equivalent of the "final solution" for the Palestian question and people. He is a hard right brute, who could not afford to let an opportunity like this pass him by.

Think Netanyahu brute force will finally back fire on him. Although still can't imagine the outcome clearly.

From being a whiteman and on all my world tours. The only racist feeling I got was I was charged too much everywhere I go. Ever since Trudeau racist theory, it's like high noon on who is racist. Being a boomer, white, straight male I'm on high alert all the time. Have a house in Belize and have a native friend who does my shopping, after I look over things. I speck spanish, It brings down the price of dentist work like a 10th compared to the cost back home.

Like I'm automatically wealthy or sponsored by my Government outside of Europe and North America. Today more to the reality, the common white man lives on the Indian reservation like everyone else, unless your wealthy.

My country, my people, my religion...but we all have common ancestors. Recently a historical study came out in my region based on DNA tests of the different castes living here. This study unequivocally proves that the high-caste Hindus of our region have their DNA closest to Muslims, a low-caste Hindu community, Greeks, and Arabs. A warring Arab and Jew would most probably have common ancestors if we trace back their lineage. So, there is no logic in saying one group is inherently good or evil. It comes down to the choices that each generation makes, and their leaders make. The succeeding generations often are caught in those choices. One good thing I see amidst this conflict is that the US and the Arab countries are trying to bring about peace through negotiations. Especially, it is commendable how the Arab leaders have responded. and even a minister of Lebanon, in an interview, genuinely (as far as can be perceived from an interview), expressed his hope for peace. Peace is possible if all parties decide to value human life, freedom, and human dignity irrespective of religion and nationality. Maybe that is the only way in which those who lost their dear ones, those who are victims of hatred, can find lasting closure; by ensuring that no more lives will be lost. It is as simple as that. Every human life is valuable. If Israel starts thinking rooted in that point, I am sure they can come up with better ways to eliminate Hamas (or rather the Hamas mentality) from among the people of Palestine. Listen to what the Saudi Prince Turki al-Faisal said at the Baker Institute in Houston. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZKiu6St7s.                                   Such sober voices must prevail.

Certainly no heroes, only victims.

You are right, good guys and bad guys can readily change with the circumstances.

Promotion of peace has always been a threat to power and control for far too many for far too long.

If Israel dealt with the grievances of the Palestians rather than trying to association their pursuits to the desires and ideology of killers like Hamas, perhaps we can make progress.

Thanks for the link.... I seem to have so difficulty getting it to play I will work on it.

3. Readmikenow profile image94

"It is not pro Palestinian or pro Israeli, but pro lasting fair and equitable agreement for coexistence for both sides, even if it means two separate states."

Do you realize that has been suggested more than once?  When Israel was going to be created in 1948, Israel agreed to two states, the Muslims wouldn't even discuss it.  There have been many peace negotiations when Israel agreed to this, and the Arabs would accept it.

They don't want peace or a two state solution, they want to kill Jews and eliminate Israel.

Have you ever seen the Charter of Hamas?

"The Hamas Covenant portrays the Jewish enemies, in contrast to the purportedly heroic jihadist warriors, as ruthless Nazis. It states, “The enemy behaves with cruelty and atrocity, showing Nazism between a man and a woman, or between an adult and a child… The enemy relies on the breaking of bones, shooting women, the elderly, and children – with or without cause… In their heinous acts, they treat people in the most brutal way, like war criminals” (Article 20). Therefore, “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated what was before it” (Opening of the Covenant)."

https://besacenter.org/hamas-is-a-jihad … struction/

I hope those on the left realize Hamas would have no problem killing them.

I'm in agreement with Deepa link above of Saudi prince. US/Israel no matter what Muslim defense military is called, they will be labeled as terrorists. No terrorist group in modern history of the world, will compare to  the German Nazis that were predominantly Christian, And US predominantly Christian and their largest ethnic group are Germans. US killing Muslims at a ratio of a 1000 to one and other brown countries around the world. Is not only racist yet genocidal since the 80s.  Plus, US own native American is where Hitler (white supremacy) was most impress with US greatest genocide in human history. It's gives common white people today a bad name, along with many European.

Be careful pointing the one finger on who are the terrorist, your pointing three fingers back at yourself.  In Israel case pointing 20 fingers back at themselves.
        West most often say we have achieved endless wonderful things for humanity. Yet when ask about their greatest atrocities from the west. We, me?... west, can't be talking about me, then the hysterical blaming game starts.

Huh?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Guess what? No matter how much you try to justify Hamas with political rhetoric and throwing misguided interpretations of history...what they did was wrong.

There are those on the left who do this to hide their antisemitism.

Antisemitism only gose one way to the Arabs and Judaism Jewish.

I agree , yet two wrongs don't make a right. Exspeacilly 1000s of Gaza children. Not needed to pay the ultimate price and the ultimate haunting of these mass murderers.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95

No one is calling the Saudi military terorists, no one is calling the Egyptian military terrorists. They are a military that fights against other soldiers, unlike Hamas and other terrorist organization. You might want to look up the definition of terrorist. It is not what Trudeau said it is and is not what you seem to think it is.

Terrorists and the military are different. I totally agree. What Hamas did was terrorism. The Atlantic journalist who watched the recent screening of uncut footage of Oct 7, specially screened for foreign journalists, described the acts of Hamas as "pure, predatory sadism". There cannot be a more precise description. However, when the Israeli military started to kill Gazan civilians in hundreds, it could not be called a military action anymore. And the Israeli society, who have seen the innocents being killed in their country, must be careful not to do the same thing in retaliation. Israel needs to find another path, to take out Hamas. A political fight loses its moral standing when it slips into terrorism. In the same way, self-defence loses its moral standing when it slips into revenge in the form of collective punishment of innocent people who have had never a say in the larger scheme of things.

By that logic, we should also posthumously condemn Eisenhower, Roosevelt, and Truman for war crimes since the destrucution of Dresden and Hiroshima were war crimes and not proportional responses.

The US and the allies wanted to destroy Nazi Germany and its supporters like Japan. The Israelis want to destroy Hamas and their supporters.

Innocent civilians were killed in the bombing of Dresden. Do you think that it was justified because some of them supported the Nazi party, or should the allies have just said "Oh, well it wasnt those Germans who invaded the rest of Europe. We should just stop call a cease fire because it is the moral thing to do."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MapPorn/commen … dp=enabled

The mass amount of wars in the history of world are in the US and in Europe. If these wars are not unjust or acts of  terrorism, don't  know what is. No matter if you call it terrorist beheading or blowing up a human into dozens of body parts ,it's the same. Hadn't heard of terrorism until they were in battle with Muslims.

Killing a soldier who goes to war is not the same as killing innocent children. It is not even close to being the same, which is why it is condemned as terrorism.

https://efe.com/en/latest-news/2023-10- … -by-hamas/

I can't find names ,or photos of Israelis children that Hamas killed. This burnt baby doctored with AI doesn't count as evidence.

What about the 1000s of Gaza children killed? and 10"000s to come.

This is a list of names and ages of civilians that were slaughtered by the terrorists of Hamas in that attack. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 … 5cf0210000
                  You wlll not find it if you are looking on a leftist leaning site like Google that wants to provide misinformation. If you take a look at that list you will notice adults and children.

"You wlll not find it if you are looking on a leftist leaning site like Google that wants to provide misinformation. If you take a look at that list you will notice adults and children."

Why would I assign the rightleaning web sites anymore credibility? It seems that for the rightwinger the only acceptable medium is one which tells you what you want to hear. Is it any wonder the rightwinger loathes mainstream media in favor of clearly biased sources?

3. Castlepaloma profile image75

Hadn't heard of terrorism until they were in battle with Muslims countries. Canada was amazingly peaceful for 150 years until Trudeauism invaded with genderism, carbonism and covidism. He Is at his happiest with LGBTQ pride and drag Queens and they are pro Palestinians. They could blend in well in Israel, if the try a parade into Palestine, they may get stone to death.

4. Castlepaloma profile image75

US wouldn't call Saudis terrorists. US only invaded countries who refuse US Centro  banking  and oil sharing. US can easily forgive the 15  Saudi who drove the 9/11 2  paper planes who the Twin Towers. And building 7 just self destructed.  About 5 trillion can change anybody mind. Too bad Saudis ditches US for BRICS, karma is a ditch.

Trudeau broke a 150 peaceful code in Canada. Looks like Jews  and Ukraine IS4US

"The expansion of Israeli settlements in the West Bank has led the majority of Palestinians to believe that Israel is not committed to reaching an agreement, but rather to a pursuit of establishing permanent control over this territory in order to provide that security.[127]"
        ------
        No one is supporting Hamas, Mike, but that does not relieve Israel of being a honest broker in negotiating correction for grievances of the Palestinians. While this is an intricate and complex matter, to think that Israel does not play a role as to why things are the way they are is naive.

The goals of Hamas and that of Palestinians may well not be the same, as Israel and the American Right would have you believe.

I would say when people focus on anything other than the murder of over a thousand innocent Jews as well as over 30 Americans, it's deflection.

Hamas is a terrorist organization.

They started this war with Israel.  They attacked soft targets like women, children and babies because they are cowards.  Hamas does not have soldiers.  They have savages.

They MUST and WILL be eliminated.

As far as I'm concerned at this point in time that is all that matters.

1. tsmog profile image84

The following is my understanding as of Oct 26th.

Israelis deaths 1,400

Hostages more than 200

Palestinian lives lost over 5,000
            Injured 15,000

Those numbers give me pause.

Yes, I too say eliminate Hamas. But, at what cost? I toss and turn on that myself.

I said that Netanyahu is going to use this war to eliminate the Palestinian question, permanently. The indiscriminate attacks with disregard for non-combatants made evident by the sheer extent of the Israeli reprisal is evidence in itself.

I know that Hamas is a terrorist organization, but in the meantime can't the Israeli government stop with illegal settlements on disputed land?

Hamas may well be eliminated, but there will be no peace for Israel, ever, without a just resolution to the Palestinian question.

How high a price do the residents want to pay?

Israelis is not the indigenous people .Or  have any other pro Israel arguments.
            I made a new post on that and an example of my museum historical work.

Israel is totally surrounded by Muslims countries. Mike sounds like US General Custer last stand, Holy Cow look at all  those freaking Indians.

Cred,

A two state solution has been proposed at the beginning of the creation of the modern Israel in 1948.  It was also something Israel was willing to agree to at the Camp David accords as well as the Oslo accords. 

In 1948, the Palestinians refused to even consider such a proposal.  The next times the Palestinians walked out when the subject was about to be discussed.

So, who wants peace?  Who wants a two state solution?

Not the Palestinians.  If there was a two state solution, and peace was to come to the area, the Palestinian leaders know they would lose a lot of power and influence in the area and around the world.

It's not about peace with the Palestinian leaders.  It's about power.

Tell me what the Palestinians have done to bring peace to the area.

I would love to hear what they have done other than murder innocent Jews.

Tell me what the Palestinians have done to bring peace to the area.

I will check this out with a broad perspective view...l

The region (or at least a part of it) is also known as the Holy Land and is held sacred among Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Since the 20th century it has been the object of conflicting claims of Zionist and Arab national movements.

Palestine mainly exports cement, base metals, iron and steel, food and beverages, furniture, plastics and dairy products. Palestine's main exports partner is Israel (over 80 percent of total exports)

4. DrMark1961 profile image95

Why are the liberals in the US congress and the universities calling out for a Palestine from the river to the sea? That means they want the destruction of Israel. They are being simplistic.

I need a second opinion, Doc. Where can you document from a reputable source that this is occurring?

Are you serious? Have you not seen that congress member from Minnesota or that woman from Michigan calling for the destruction of Israel for war crimes?

I have pretty of examples of extremists from the side you always root for who have openly consorted with the Klan and Nazis. Does that define the Republican Party?

Does that extremist who is calling for the destruction of Jews in Israel rate in your book, or are you only willing to call out those on the other side?

The point is Doc, i don't judge an aberration as a general trend and attitude, nor define an entire group based on the musings of extremists on either side.

If i did, the people you pine for would be considered not much better than Satan and the depths of hell,  Itself.

I don't want the destruction of either side, but only thru fair and equitable negotiations can that possibility be avoided. I know that principles of  fair and equitable evades the conservative mindset, but regardless....

5. Sharlee01 profile image81

Over the past 75 years, numerous agreements have been reached. In 1947, the United Nations partitioned the land into two states, with the Palestinians receiving the larger portion. Regrettably, they did not accept the agreement and have been engaged in conflicts ever since.

In contrast, Israel has not been the primary instigator of many conflicts. This raises the question of their willingness to consider alternative solutions. They just never have.
      It would be wonderful if they would make an attempt to live in peace, but history tells a different story.

A two-state solution would be wonderful, but it has always been a none starting point for the Palestinians.  So, where does one go from there?

By constantly taking land and building settlements, the credibility of the Israeli government remains suspect. Israel does not have to be the instigator to continue its provocation, forcing others to act.

The world just watch while Gaza gets bombed n' nobodies shocked 'cus it’s just Palestine

Very true, over so many years the problems have become so complicated. It would be hard to say what is right or wrong anymore.  I see no real end to the conflict between the two. 

However, that would mean Israel would need to give up on what it strived to build and relocate millions of their citizens... I don't see that as plausible.

6. Sharlee01 profile image81

"It is only conservatives that are simplistic enough to take a side regardless if taking that side is a fair and just solution. It  is much like "my country right or wrong". It is an not an excuse for my country to behave badly. Israel is not  seeking a fair apportionment of land between itself and Palestinians. Their aggressive settlement policies has been frowned upon by Western Europe and called provocative by the United States. "

Throughout history, it is evident that the UN's land division, where Palestinians actually received 70%, was met with their refusal, leading to 75 years of recurrent conflicts. This stands as an undeniable fact. Israel, on the other hand, accepted the UN's proposal and was willing to adhere to it.

Has Israel ever initiated a conflict without provocation? Yes, they did take control of land after winning conflicts, a common outcome of warfare.

Israel has made genuine efforts to foster peaceful relations but has faced challenges, including suicide bombings and provocations. Their right to self-defense is unwavering.

The Middle East witnessed positive developments following Trump's Abraham Accord. Hopefully, Palestinians will recognize that peace is a superior way of life compared to perpetual conflict.

Talks of a two-state solution resurface once more, as they did 75 years ago. Perhaps this can serve as a starting point for progress.

From a historical perspective in my view, Israel has diligently pursued peaceful solutions for decades.  Until the need for checkpoints arose in 1990 due to escalating suicide bombings. It is essential to approach history with an open mind rather than taking sides, and one must be void of bias when looking at what history provides. Israel has never initiated conflict, yet yes they have won in the end, and taken the spoils of war.

In my view, Israel tried long and hard to come to solutions.

In my view, Israel tried long and hard to come to solutions.

According to the views of the US Department of State, they are not trying hard enough, Sharlee

The aggressive building of settlements in Palestinian Territories has been considered ill-advised.

Just like the white settlers of the 19th century speaking of peace treaties while taking more land from indigenous people and consigning them elsewhere.

Does the narrative ever really change?

However agreement in the pass 75 years between Palestinian and Israel must have been the most Rottnest sub human animals deals ever to agree upon. I've not ever treat my dog on his worst behavior like that.
          Somebody must fire the Prime Murderer.

Deleted

A breath of fresh air?

Palestinians are invited to join the human race and have been promoted beyond being mere animals.

All of my hopes that such a solution could be found as a win-win for both sides.

Agree

But we all are Animals. Biblical text messing around with biological definitions again. Nobody is no better or worst than me.

Can we all get along society? It's possible.

"Nobody is no better or worst than me."

That is the basic idea. Until more people understand that basic idea, we are going to continue to have problems.

8. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 6 months ago

Someone needs to answer this for me? Why is it that students cannot express support for the Palestinians without being subject to a ban on their free speech by the pinheaded Republican?

Do these people not understand what free speech means? And yet you rightwing types expect me to give these sorts of people any credibility?

The GOP Presidential candidates are determined to outdo one another over which among them are the more tyrannical and fascist. Not everybody supports and agree with the Israeli position, we all should have the right to disagree and voice that disagreement peacefully.

We have the Jackass DeSantis feeding his cabal of animals just that much more red meat, to stand first in line among competing despots.

I must keep these kinds of people out of office and I do all I can to discredit the Right from every angle and with every fiber of my being.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … ael-hamas/

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ … 24708.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … s-censored

But the infernal and dastardly rightwinger will stop at nothing to continue to link rational Palestinian grievances with Hamas, as they all think they are so clever. Clever like the "Emperor's New Clothes".  It the same game the Israeli government has been playing for years....

I find lines between left and right blurred more and more. There is extremist left or right ideology I find unbalancing. Like the more scavenger like bald eagle with two wings of the same bird.   Palestinians and Zionist is more like two fleas fighting over ownership of an old ancient dog.

2. tsmog profile image84

I will offer a view, though may be contended by others. And, I am in a writing mood, so take caution this is of length.

It is an overall view, perhaps, of the strong Christian (Evangelical) Right influence on the conservative segment of the populace. Especially with the recent conflict between Israel and Palestine, though Hamas is the instigator and supposedly the target in retaliation for the unjustified horrors they committed upon Israel on Oct. 7th.

(As I write this now at 2 am PDT I am listening to a televangelist speak about the conflict using what happened with Canaan and the Canaanites)

I have always taken the perspective that the Christian (Evangelical) Right is brimming over with Self-righteousness! Self-righteousness is defined by Mr. Webster as, "having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior."

I feel that is the attitude today by both sides with the conflict between Israel and Hamas, and alongside that are the views expressed by those who support the everyday populace of Israel and Palestine. In my view that is what the examples in the article you referenced were doing.

Then add into the mix nationalism and religious loyalties. Central to them are beliefs and belief systems. A complex dynamic set full of emotions. Beliefs are exercised by attitudes.

11.4: Attitudes, Values, and Beliefs by Indiana State Universtiy (A relatively short read)
      http://kell.indstate.edu/public-comm-in … d-beliefs/

That phenomenon is spilling over today into the general populace as the conflict heats up. Justification is sought for supporting Israel supposedly founded on Biblical truths for whom the land belongs. And, the Jews's right to be there. Along with that is the traditional thought our nation with Israel is the strongest of alliances.

So, without a doubt, everything Israel does is justified. Therefore, any group having an opposing view is not wrong, but morally wrong. In other words, are committing sin against God.

Don't get me wrong, Hamas is evil in my eyes and I condemn them to the depths of Hell! But, I don't take that perspective with the everyday Palestinians any more than I do with the everyday Israelis. They both have suffered from the actions of Hamas!! 

"Do these people not understand what free speech means?"  IMHO, the nitty-gritty of Free Speech is it always comes with a cost. It is an illusionary concept. A concept is abstract. It is not concrete.

The cost can be as simple as feeling guilt for what was said later. It could be someone disagreeing and criticizing the person who spoke. Oddly, or perhaps just a reality of humanity, the messenger rather than the message is attacked.

Or, it can go to the extent of arrest, lawsuits, or the example the article you shared demonstrated. Countering Free Speech is an MO politically by any position. At question, in my mind, is to what extent is the cost, penalty, or downright cruel punishment!!

Some articles to consider:

Support for Israel shifts among young US evangelical Christians
      Israel’s treatment of Palestinians – increasingly seen as unfair – turns younger churchgoers away from Christian Zionism. by Aljazeera (June 1, 2021) Notice the date.
      https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/6/4 … ans-shifts

In face of Israel-Hamas war, maybe Christians should be on every side by National Catholic Reporter (Oct 27, 20230
      https://www.ncronline.org/opinion/guest … every-side

"The tensions and fear do not respect borders. We've seen already the anger and frustration play out in our streets, in gatherings of American Jews opposing Israel's response in the nation's capital, in the anguish being lived out in mosque and synagogue, in the search in our institutions of higher education for the correct positioning and language to explain sympathies for one side or the other."

Palestinian Evangelicals Call Western Church to Repentance, Criticized in Return by Christianity Today (Oct 27, 2023)
      Middle East Christians assert their rejection of violence as they relate frustration with lack of Western recognition of the reality of occupation and the collateral damage of bombing campaigns
      https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/ … ments.html

The evangelical Christians are self righteous and hypocritical. Not everybody subscribes to their understanding of Biblical truth. In my world there is no one or anything beyond the need for scrutiny.

There is no excuse for the actions of Hamas and the casulties resulting from their attack. But, Israel is not absolved from culpability for creating the environment where such a thing can happen.

Regardless, we should all be able to express ourselves and our opinions without threats of banning or muzzle from primarily One Side...

Thanks for the article's links.....

9. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 months ago

When I lived in Saudi Arabia from 1990-1994 I learned something I'd never known before. Any Arab county could provide the Palestinians a home. They don't want them. They refer to them like we referred to Blacks in the 1950s. The Arabs want them right where they are - Gaza - as a thorn in Israel's side and something to point to as people Israel suppresses. They could solve this problem if they wanted to. They don't. They are more interested in obliterating Israel who occupy land they won in a war Arabs started.

Alright, why should the Palestians have to seek a new home?
      why should  I be intimidated to return to Africa? This is my home.

I cannot hope to compete with the experience of someone who lived in the region.

The international community has spent decades trying to get parity on this issue for both sides, if it could solved as simply as Palestinians abandoning the land in Israel's favor, wouldn't it have been done long ago?

I won't buy that Israel does not have complicit role in perpetuating this crisis.

Disregarding all of this, are not people free to express a dissenting anti-Israeli (note:not anti-Semitic) without being muzzled by the Right?

When discussing the Palestinian situation and the question of seeking a new home, it's crucial to acknowledge that the historical and geopolitical context plays a huge role. The Palestinians have deep historical ties to the region,  as do the Jews. The conflict is rooted in a long history of competing claims and aspirations from both sides.

It never started with Palestinians being forced to seek a new home, but rather in 1947 the UN addressed the underlying issues and found a just and equitable solution for both Israelis and Palestinians. The Palestinians would not consider the two-state solution that the UN came up with. Even though they got much more of the land than the Jews.  Israel has faced one conflict after another from that time to today.

The international community has indeed tried to achieve parity and a peaceful resolution, but the complexity of the situation, with multiple stakeholders and historical grievances, has made it impossible. It would seem the Palestinians should realize after so many lost wars, and losing much of their land due to these wars, that Israel is a state, and will never hand Israel over. The solution is simple -- they need to stop warring and try to come to some form of a two-state solution.

It's essential to emphasize that people should be free to express dissenting opinions and engage in constructive dialogue without being muzzled. However, it's crucial to distinguish between legitimate criticism and hate speech or bigotry.  In my view, both sides have valid concerns.
        It is important to consider cooperation and understanding from all parties involved is and was necessary to solve this conflict  Thus far after 75 years, the Palestinians have no real interest other than reclaiming all of the land that is Israel.

No other arab country wants the Palestinians who are vacating Gaza. Ask yourself why.

If you look below that shows 32 countries carrying over 15 million Palestinians, 7 times greater than Gazans.population.
          If we look at an Israel map from 1946. Palestinians had the most of the land then it all reverses to Israel owning the majority of the land  in 1948.

US has far more influence over the corrupted Israelis military forces than people realize, learn from the best plus 250 billion $.  Biden says the death toll of Palestinean are not accurate. Yet UN confirms of the private medical Palestinians body count along with their names. The US and Israel don't do body counts for Palestinian or Iraqis. Biden said he saw photos of the 40 beheaded Israelis babies, yet no names. Public saw a one burnt baby done by AI.  I don't believe that as much as I trust Biden saying vaccines are 100% safe. Even Israel was honest enough to find vaccines was a horrible failure.and they were 100% vaxxed

These two Israelis soldiers I do respect for their bravery, truth and conscious.
          https://youtu.be/37MFa7ZKQWo?si=4BQpQ_yim5lWq7Ke

The world pendulum swings with every gun and bomb ticks. Don't let your consciousness be a haunted.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/two-state-solution

I sort of like this synopsis of what went on.

While it is an issue of many components, Israel taking it all without accommodating Palestinians is certainly not the answer.

The closest thing I can relate to this Gaza slaughting of 1000s of innocent civilians. Is the  Gandhi stopping the British from 600 year rule under the connon and occupation. By the same means of the slaughter of innocent east Indians. in Gaza It can't be unseen by the entire world now. My faith has been alway by the collective consciousness of the people. After 75 years it's probably has to take a great tragedy of innocent people to change the greatest abuse. , Not the abstract thinking like Winston Churchill and Rothschild Zionist who got them in this cluster Freak show in the first place

What did Gandhi say about the British Empire?
            He professed as much when questioned on the subject in 1948, a year after India gained its independence, and a few weeks before his death. “I hold extreme views about British connection,” he said. “In spite of my love of the British people, I think that their imperialism has been their greatest crime against humanity..

I like the Brits too, their sense of order and discipline has set a standard.

Imperialism has been practiced by most Western Powers well into the 2oth Century, so the Brits are not the only ones. Much of the problems in the Middle East and North Africa has come from Western Powers imposing an order on people and territories in other societies,

Just got scoop from an American military intelligent who actually work with the pior Prime Minister of Israel and the recent one. On what really Hamas was planning for over two years. Like a chess game Hamas and prime minister of Israel, both don't care about the Palestinians at all. Hamas did go in and aim was slaughter these innocent Israelis. In order to make Benjamin so outrageous deranged he at any cost genocide the Palestinians. Just to have the entire world watch  Benjamin true evil color shown.  He is about the most evil tryran on the face of the earth.  My mind is incapable of this kind of military evil strategy.  Yet it makes uncommon sense that an Americans military intelligence agent who knows how Hamas and Benjamin think by working with both sides would operate.

Here is the link
                https://www.facebook.com/10009087298388 … mnirLUhozF

A an American CIA agent who really knows his stuff
                https://www.facebook.com/10009506600277 … l/?app=fbl

I appreciate the informative link, which provides a concise and precise overview of the enduring conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. When we step back and examine the historical backdrop of this issue, it becomes evident that viable solutions have remained elusive. The root of the problem appears to lie in deeply entrenched ideologies, primarily centered around religion and a shared claim to the same land as their homeland.

Despite numerous proposed solutions that seemed equitable, it is clear that the Palestinians have not fully embraced any of them, perpetuating the cycle of conflict. This situation reminds me of the biblical story of the Judgment of Solomon, where two women both claimed to be the mother of a child and were willing to divide the baby. In this case, both sides seem willing to "split the baby," making a peaceful resolution appear increasingly unlikely.

Considering the current trajectory, it is difficult to envision a peaceful resolution. History suggests that the conflict will persist, and Israel's superior military power will likely prevail, leading to an increased Israeli influence over what remains of Gaza. This pattern seems poised to repeat itself.

As I previously mentioned, I still believe the two-state solution offers the best path forward. However, it would require Israel to relinquish some of the territory acquired in previous wars. Realistically, I am skeptical that Israel would be willing to give up land. Nevertheless, I believe that doing so would demonstrate good faith and could signal to the Palestinians a genuine desire to be good neighbors.

"Realistically, I am skeptical that Israel would be willing to give up land. Nevertheless, I believe that doing so would demonstrate good faith and could signal to the Palestinians a genuine desire to be good neighbors."

There is the rub, Sharlee, if we want to talk about parity and a just settlement, both sides need to be prepared to compromise.

I can't argue that point. The problem is, will they? They have a long history of conflict, and  I don't see Israel giving up all they have strived to build and have come to enjoy.

Sharlee,

I think you also have to take into consideration the number of wars the Israelites have fought and the number of their military dead to get the land they have as well as to survive.

Great point... I don't think after all that they have gone through, and as I mentioned all that they have built, that they would consider a two-state solution where it would require giving any of the territories, as you say fought for. They fully thrived through all kinds of adversities. The Palestinians never thrived, and have been supported by aid from other nations's kindness. Instead of taking the UN's deal of a two-state solution, where they got much more territory than Israel --- they chose war, one after another.

History shows they want all of the land from river to sea...

A two-state solution would be good. But, I see no real solution that will be agreeable to either side. Israel has tried for many years, and at this point, I think they are one hundred percent done with any form of negotiating. Under international law, Israel has always met the standards for recognition as a sovereign state.

It would seem no one can dictate the future of Israel, but the people.

No one has the right to truely interfere. One can correlate the Ukraine and Russia crisis.  Just because Russia wants to claim Ukraine as its own, they have no right to. Ukraine is a sovereign Nation.

Proper context is required.

When did Hamas come into being, and why?

What is their stated goal?

They are not a terrorist group, they are an elected government, voted in by the people... more so than our own federal government for sure... to do  what those who voted them in, want them to do.

Its not going away anytime soon, and the people at the top deciding if it is going to be an issue or not, aren't interested in any compromise or care what anyone outside of the region think or want. 

They especially don't care what America thinks or wants... this is one more conflict, one more situation, most of the world doesn't want to see us involved in.

The actions of Hamas and the negotiation of a fair settlement to land disputes in the region are different things. It is just "conservatives" that want to make reasonable requests from Palestinians akin to accommodating terrorists.

Basically, that says that everything Israel wants, it is entitled to, and I won't buy that. Without a greater commitment to comprise and a settlement, Israel will always have to sleep with one eye open and that can be grating on the nerves.

You misunderstood my point.

Sometimes I believe you do so deliberately rather than address a point made.

In this instance I do not believe I was clear.

First, what is Hamas, let me offer this link, one made prior to recent events, yet answers the question, even if from a Israeli perspective.

https://www.jta.org/2021/05/20/israel/w … ng-in-gaza

Is Hamas an army? A government? A terrorist organization? The answer is: all of the above. For more than three decades, Hamas has fought, quixotically, to destroy Israel, first through suicide bombings and later through barrages of missiles from Gaza, which Hamas has ruled for more than a decade. 

Going further back is more revealing, and helps broaden one's understanding, this link is good for that:

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/pol … vice-jihad

the records show, Hamas meets in the mosques and hospitals it maintains to plan terror attacks, buries caches of arms and explosives under its own schoolyard playgrounds, and transfers and launders funds for terrorist activity through local charity committees. This book catalogues the alarming extent to which Hamas' political and social welfare leaders support terror.

Drawing a portrait of unprecedented accuracy, Matthew Levitt exposes the real Hamas: an organization that threatens peace and security far beyond the borders of the West Bank and Gaza.

Hamas and Hezbollah alike political participation is just another means -- alongside good works and militancy -- to achieve their goals. Even were Hamas to agree to a long-term hudna with Israel, this would not indicate an end to its struggle against Israel but a shift in the prioritization of its means of doing so.

So... as I have asked you before... what are the goals of Hamas?

Answer:  Hamas’s stated goal is the elimination of the State of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian state governed by Islamic law.

That is what it exists for.

That is what every member of Hamas strives for.

That is what the majority of those who voted for Hamas, who put them in political power, want to see them achieve.

Now tell me, how do you plan on negotiating with that, when nothing less than the destruction of Israel will ever be acceptable?

I divorce my Government, but they keep bossing me around and demanding half my money

Once Nelson Mandela, IRA, were called terrorist by America.  More than any group in the world,  American
                  are called Terrorist. Kinda looses it's meaning.

Democide  is more used now by Israelis towards Palestinians. Democide is 6 times more deadly than genocide.

Democide refers to "the intentional killing of an unarmed or disarmed person by government agents acting in their authoritative capacity and pursuant to government policy or high command. Death by Government, but has also been described as a better term than genocide to refer to certain types of mass killings. Covers a wide range of deaths, including forced labor and concentration camp victims, extrajudicial summary killings, and mass deaths due to governmental acts of criminal omission and neglect, such as in deliberate famines like the Holodomor

A former American marine has gone Palestinians, he burnt his American passport.

https://youtu.be/u5dq2ilfCJ4?si=8IBQwjcx2X_tjtDE

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78

Credence 2: No one need be muzzled. Americans just need to be aware there is much more to this regional situation than the latest headline.

A few people on these posts, talk like Palestinian are sub human or wild animals like they have rabies or leprosy.  How is humanity to survive by punching down so hard on any group of people. If they don't get UN humanity supplies much faster, most Palestinian will die of disease.

Because of some Israelis Occupational inhumane forced war agreement and threats like no countries will accept them ever.
      Here are the countries have accepted these animals. Animals, I mean that in the mammal sense of the word, I love them too

– West Bank
      3,190,000[1] (of whom 809,738 are registered refugees as of 2017)[2][3][4]
      – Gaza Strip
      2,170,000 (of whom 1,386,455 are registered refugees as of 2018)[1][5][2][3]
      Jordan
      2,175,491 (2017, registered refugees only)[2]–3,240,000 (2009)[6]
      Israel
      2,037,000 [7]
      Syria
      568,530 (2021, registered refugees only)[2]
      Chile
      500,000[8]
      Saudi Arabia
      400,000[9]
      Qatar
      295,000[9]
      United States
      255,000[10]
      United Arab Emirates
      200,000[11]
      Lebanon
      174,000 (2017 census)[12]–458,369 (2016, registered refugees)[2]
      Honduras
      27,000–200,000[9][13]
      Germany
      100,000[14]
      Kuwait
      80,000[15]
      Egypt
      70,000[9]
      El Salvador
      70,000[16]
      Brazil
      59,000[17]
      Libya
      59,000[9]
      Iraq
      57,000[18]
      Canada
      50,975[19]
      Yemen
      29,000[9]
      United Kingdom
      20,000[20]
      Peru
      15,000[citation needed]
      Mexico
      13,000[9]
      Colombia
      12,000[9]
      Netherlands
      9,000–15,000[21]
      Australia
      7,000 (est.)[22][23]
      Sweden
      7,000[24]
      Algeria
      4,030[25]

I wouldn't want to live in Saudi Arabia with their lack of freedoms laws, no matter how wealthy they are. There is alot more Palestinians than Americans living in Saudi Arabia. Americans allowed 15 Saudis on 2 planes to knock down twin towers and another building that just self destructed. Sounds familiar to October 7th. Because all is fair in war, Centro banking and oil. Now that Saudi Arabia is joining the BRICS, I wonder if Americans will be treated like Palestinian. Because their own homes are collapsing for at least the poor. 

Good thing I've got a thick skin, if I had a bleeding heart sharks would get me

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image78

We actually lived in Saudi because my husband served in the U.S. Army. Assumptions are dangerous things.

I'm curious what type of work your husband did for the Army (MOS).

I only know of US Air Force bases in Saudi Arabia.

Was it a special assignment?

RMN: The US Army has had Army and Air Force advisors in Saudi since the 1970s. There are two branches of the Saudi military: the national guard (not part time like ours) who basically guard the royal family from the other side of the army which is the general armed forces. My husband was an advisor to the national guard during and after Desert Storm. Do you remember the battle of Khafji - the one time Iraq ventured into Saudi in 1991? SANG fought and won that battle and US forces were awarded the Bronze Star. Do you remember the office building that was bombed in 1995 in Riyadh? That was the building the US advisors worked in. It was the first attack against Americans by the organization that would become known as al Qaeda. We lost four friends. US advisors and their families are still there. I wrote a book about the experience, if you are interested.

Was your husband special forces?

Sounds like work for someone from special forces.

They are labeled as "advisors" in many places around the world.

I was in Saudi Arabia as a civilian.

It was a culture shock and I was only there for a few weeks.

How long did you live there?

Kathleen Cochranposted 5 months agoin reply to this

My husband was airborne/ranger/infantry but never special forces. During Desert Shield/Sword there were many deployed Special Forces added to the organization and they were the "boots on the ground" with the Saudi soldiers. It was definitely a culture shock - especially 30 years ago. We lived there from September 2, 1990 to July 4 (my personal Independence Day) 1991. My husband has been back several times before he retired from the Army.

Readmikenowposted 5 months agoin reply to this

If your husband was an airborne ranger, he was considered special forces.

He spent some time at the Army vacation resort known as Fort Bragg. I know it well. 

I would only return to Saudi Arabia if it was necessary for my business.

Kathleen Cochranposted 5 months agoin reply to this

RMN: I understand. He was never assigned to a Special Forces unit.

Thank you for your service.

10. Deepa damodaran profile image89

To resolve pain, we inflict more pain. To right a wrong, we do more wrong. That is what we are. Israel, Palestine, Jews, Muslims; all are terms we invented. As the famous entomologist, E.O. Wilson remarked about Socialism and Communism, the above are all great ideas but it seems we are the wrong species. We complicate simple things and destroy everything beautiful. It is pathetic that we call ourselves a civilisation.

Crazy amount of oxymoron words many will throw around today. Like Civil war or military intelligence and Queers for Palestinian.

The Prime Minister of Israel  is one of  the worst tyrants against humanity on the face of the earth. Both him and Hamas don't care at all about their people. it's a chess game of what ever it takes.  I knew something was fishy about October 7  incompetence of Israelis border. Here is a link that makes uncommon sense . From an American military officer who work with Israelis military intelligence.

https://www.facebook.com/10009087298388 … mnirLUhozF

Wonderful quote...

3. Ken Burgess profile image77

A MESSAGE FROM SON OF HAMAS LEADER MOSAB HASSAN YOUSEF

https://twitter.com/giezwacoin/status/1 … 5680535885

Oh My ! Scary sh-t

2. peoplepower73 profile image90

As they say, there are two sides for every story.  This is from the Palestinian view point and starts with Ben-Gurion and the Zion movement.  Let me make myself clear.  I condemns Hamas for what they have done to the Israeli people, but what Israel has done to the Palestinians should not be praised as well. It is a necessarily long read.  I believe to understand this conflict in all it nuances, it should not be oversimplified.

Here is the Basic Premises of Ben-Gurion and his Zionist movement.

Some of the rules of behavior set by Ben-Gurion remain and are influential to this day. Existential Insecurity: “Israel’s security problem is unlike the security problems of any other country: It is not a problem of borders, sovereignty – but a problem of physical existence, simple and straightforward.”

Basic Suspicion of Arab Intentions: “The Arabs in Israel must be judged according to what they might do, not according to what they have done.”

Contempt and Condescension Toward the Jewish Immigrants from Arab Countries: “Those from Morocco had no education. Their customs, the customs of the Arabs. They love their wives but beat them... Maybe in the third generation someone will appear among the Jews of the Mizrahi denomination who is a little different, but I don’t see it yet.”

Distrust of the Nations of the World: “On its long journey on the stage of world history, for 4,000 years, covering most countries of the world, east and the west, north and south, our people has constantly met with expressions of hatred and enmity, false accusations and assaults, persecutions and torture, destruction and slaughter… the hatred and enmity …took many different forms, but its contents did not change much…”

Ben-Gurion also stated in 1937, that every compromise over the partition of the land should be accepted but the borders of the State must not be set: “The possibilities for expansion will not be realizable if, from the first moment, the Jewish state does not direct all its efforts, its actions and its relationships – in construction, in the creation of power and in the establishment of its relations with its neighbors – toward our expansion in the country, with the desire, agreement and cooperation of our Arab neighbors.” This premise guides Israel today.

All these statements haunt us till this very day and serve as a basis for the policies of our leaders and even as grounds for the sentiments of the general public.

This reality was softened during the term of Prime Minister Levi Eshkol, who replaced Ben-Gurion in 1963. His government moderated the authoritarian traits dominant during Ben-Gurion’s rule, such as the cancellation of the military regime in 1966. The Six-Day War broke out in 1967, however, and Israel found itself in control of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, the Golan Heights, and the Sinai Peninsula. This conquest was particularly significant for the Palestinian population in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, where Jewish settlements soon began to spring up in their midst.

The Occupation and the Emergence of Religious Zionism

Thus began the period of occupation that continues to this day. Israel controls a huge population (in the case of the Gaza Strip, from the outside) by trampling on human rights, confiscating land, collective punishment, expulsions, house demolitions, torture, creating an infrastructure of tens of thousands of collaborators, mass arrests (hundreds of thousands) including children, widespread imprisonment, killing and injuring a population which does not want to live under occupation - including those who are not engaged in violence. According to the occupiers’ doctrine, all resistance to the occupation is considered terrorism, and the occupied are not allowed to express their protest against the occupation in any way, even nonviolently.

This state of affairs has lasted for more than 55 years and has destroyed Palestinian society. Both right- and left-wing governments have expanded Jewish control and settled some 200,000 Jews in occupied East Jerusalem, and approximately 475,000 Jews in some 125 settlements, and more than 100 illegal outposts in the West Bank. The effects of the occupation have spilled over into the State of Israel itself in many ways, such as discrimination against Palestinian citizens of Israel, delegitimization of the Jewish opposition to the occupation, restrictions on the free flow of information, etc.

These developments were led by the religious Zionists beginning already in 1967, with the support of the Greater Land of Israel movement that arose from the political, cultural, military, and social elites of both the left and the right. The influence of the Gush Emunim movement founded in 1974, after the shock of the Yom Kippur War spread and penetrated all aspects of the Israeli regime: political, social, economic, judicial, security, educational, and cultural. The entire system was captured by the idea of a Greater Land of Israel and cooperated fully.

The judicial system, including the Supreme Court, accepted the lies of army officers and provided legitimacy for settlement construction under the guise of building military bases and, over time, found ways to authorize all the violent methods of the occupation. The economic system financed this enterprise. The educational system justified it with the removal of the Green Line from maps of Israel already in 1972.

The military protected the security of the settlers and helped them expand into Palestinian areas. Without the support of all the governments, right and left, it would have been impossible to establish and maintain the occupation and the settlement of Jews in the occupied territories. The religious Zionists and supporters of the Greater Land of Israel penetrated all the corridors of government and furthered their aims with strength, cunning, and determination. Israeli governments violated Israeli laws and proper procedures in providing support for the settlement enterprise, which also violates international law. All this was done in spite of the vast majority of countries around the world, including Israel’s friends, which view the settlements as illegal and call for ending the occupation.

Emotional intelligence is most lacking in both sides. If it not Hamas it will have be some other form of Government and military for Palestinians. Can't imagine living  in a world at this level of this over emotional inefficient, hateful and murderers way of thinking.

11. Willowarbor profile image61
    Willowarborposted 4 months ago

The biggest question that needs an immediate answer is why did Benjamin Netanyahu ignore a report detailing the plans of the attack by Hamas?
    They even had intelligence of Hamas running their training exercises for the attack.

Israeli officials obtained Hamas’ battle plan for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack more than a year before it happened, documents, emails and interviews show. But Israeli military and intelligence officials dismissed the plan.

The approximately 40-page document, which Israeli authorities code-named “Jericho Wall,” outlined, point by point, exactly the kind of devastating invasion that led to the deaths of about 1,200 people.

Then, in July, just three months before the attacks, a veteran analyst with Unit 8200, Israel’s signals intelligence agency, warned that Hamas had conducted an intense, daylong training exercise that appeared similar to what was outlined in the blueprint.

Is this pure stupidity and incompetence? I do not believe that Israeli military and intelligence has ever been considered inept. Quite the contrary actually. So what is this?

Sharlee01posted 4 months agoin reply to this

The document circulated widely among Israeli military and intelligence leaders, but experts determined that an attack of that scale and ambition was beyond Hamas’s capabilities, according to documents and officials. It is unclear whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu or other top political leaders also saw the document. Read more   New York Times  ---     
      https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/worl … gence.html

It will be interesting to see if a full investigation is done,  and what it will provide.

Readmikenowposted 4 months agoin reply to this

"The biggest question that needs an immediate answer is why did Benjamin Netanyahu ignore a report detailing the plans of the attack by Hamas?"

Does it really matter?

There is evidence that FDR actually intended to get Japan to attack.

"Ten days before the attack on Pearl Harbor", Henry L. Stimson, United States Secretary of War at the time, "entered in his diary the famous and much-argued statement – that he had met with President Roosevelt to discuss the evidence of impending hostilities with Japan, and the question was 'how we should maneuver them (the Japanese) into the position of firing the first shot without allowing too much danger to ourselves.'" However Stimson, in reviewing his diary after the war, recalled that the commanders at Pearl Harbor had been warned of the possibility of attack, and that the poor state of readiness that the attack had revealed was a surprise to him"

There were people who knew 9/11 was going to happen before it occurred.

"The 9/11 attacks were a shock, but they should not have come as a surprise. Islamist extremists had given plenty of warning that they meant to kill Americans indiscriminately and in large numbers. Although Usama Bin Ladin himself would not emerge as a signal threat until the late 1990s, the threat of Islamist terrorism grew over the decade."

Like the American leaders; is Netanyahu guilty of anything more than poor judgement that lead to a catastrophe?

1. Willowarbor profile image61
        Willowarborposted 4 months agoin reply to this

It does matter and we get to the bottom of this. We need to know if a leader of a country we are providing aid to ignored intelligence because of ineptness or did it willfully.  Benjamin Netanyahu is a zealot and the truth needs to be uncovered.  What if he purposefully ignored this information from a year ago?  That would be heinous in so many ways.  I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I want the facts.

Readmikenowposted 4 months agoin reply to this

These are issues for the citizens of Israel to address.

In the course of history such things are not uncommon.

Whatever Netanyahu has done will never justify the actions of Hamas.

So true, but some like to dance around the pure barbaric atrocities, rape, killing children, putting babies in ovens to die... It is in my view inexcusable to even try to divert from such crimes, and blame any other for what Hamas has done. 

At best, we can truely see and identify those that seem to have this form of mindset.

What mindset?  To be able to see things are they actually are?  It is no diversion to be able to hold two atrocious realities in a mind at the same time. Because Hamas is barbaric and horrendous does not automatically make Benjamin Netanyahu a saint. It will not absolve any sin he commits, or has committed.. not in my mind anyway.
              Acknowledging The faults of Benjamin Netanyahu certainly does not diminish or let Hamas  off the hook in any stretch of the imagination.  I continue to struggle on this forum that for every black there must be a white and for every good there must be an evil and in every situation we have to cast our characters as such. I don't buy it sorry.  It's so simplistic and denies the realities of a complex situation.
              Currently we have credible report that he ignored the planning of the Hamas attack, why?
              He is either extremely inept along with his intelligence and military.  We know that the Israeli intelligence and military is not that inept.
              Did Netanyahu leave his people open to an attack to have reason to commit the full on genocide of the Palestinian people that we are all here in America comfortably sitting back and watching in real time?  Talk about a mindset LOL.  And that seems to be at the forefront of the reporting in Israel and in the minds of Israelis.
              Yes it is for their citizens to take care of but as a citizen of this country I'm not in favor of money funding Netanyahu under this cloud of suspicious motives.  The man may have sacrificed his own people to launch this war in Gaza. 
              Currently they are bombing the south of Gaza where they instructed Palestinians to move to. They literally have nowhere to go within that strip. It is actual shooting fish in a barrel. This is okay with the righteous, Christian  people of America? It's hard for me to rationalize the needless killing that's going on in Gaza. Please don't tell me again about the atrocities of Hamas.. I realize they were barbaric.  But what if Netanyahu left his people vulnerable to attack on purpose?

Many put stock in polls. 76% of Israelis want Netanyahu out.

Just a story from an Israeli resident..
              "Noam Tibon was swimming in the Mediterranean Sea on Oct. 7 when he heard sirens, followed by an alarming text message: Hamas militants had infiltrated his son's community in southern Israel.

He told his son to lock himself in a safe room. Then Tibon, a retired major general in Israel's army, grabbed his pistol, hopped in his car — and drove south from Tel Aviv, making phone calls along the way.

"I tried the chief of staff, the southern commander and the division commander — I know all of them — but nobody responded to me," Tibon, 62, tells NPR.

No one responded? Hamas was let to do their bidding for 7 hours... Let that sink in.

"What mindset?  To be able to see things are they actually are?  It is no diversion to be able to hold two atrocious realities in a mind at the same time. Because Hamas is barbaric and horrendous does not automatically make Benjamin Netanyahu a saint. It will not absolve any sin he commits, or has committed.. not in my mind anyway. Acknowledging The faults of Benjamin Netanyahu certainly does not diminish or let Hamas off the hook by any stretch of the imagination.  "

Your proof that Netanyahu knew of any of the said information. As I said some respond to the mindset of guilty before proven innocent. Plus the reality is the Palestinians voted for Hamas to represent them.  These people have a factual 75 years of history that show them provoking war after war with Israel. Wars that they have lost on every occasion. They have lost much of their land due to wars, and this time, I assume they will be policed, and have no land to call their own. This was a long time coming but will be what is needed to stop their sick aggressions.

Is it not hypocritical to accuse others of ascribing to a "black and white" mindset, when you continually exhibit that very form of mindset? In my view, this is a very leftist talking habit, and they are typically exhibiting that mindset in the very comments they are bringing up. Sort of silly.

Your view is clear regarding the Oct 7th. You have a right to see it as you see it.

Not sure why you look to place blame on the injured party. Odd in my perspective.

"Did Netanyahu leave his people open to an attack to have reason to commit the full on genocide of the Palestinian people"

Sorry but am not sure how anyone could even share such a despicable sentiment. 

"They" have nowhere to go because their reputation precedes them, no one wants them, and no one ever will. They have a 75-year reputation for unprovoking war.

From my view what has "sunk in"  is the atrocity that these barbarians committed.  In my view, the Palestinians need to be pushed as far away from Israel as possible. They are, and always have supported war with Israel.

Personally, and honestly, your view sickens me. The only genocide that I have witnessed is what Hamas did on Oct 7th to innocent men, women, and children.  There is no grey that in any respect be applied to the crimes they perpetrated. How any human being could excuse what occurred sickens me. Hopefully, you understand we think very differently about this situation, and you shared your honest views, as I have now shared mine.

You are diverting, looking for someone to blame other than the barbarians who started a war and committed genocide.

Thus far it is unclear if Netanyahu even saw any of the information.
          In my view,  it seems like you buy into a mindset that believes in -  guilty until found innocent. As many on the left are well known for. Your posts frequently share that attitude.

I don't think I ever said I believed that he was guilty. Only that suspicious of him is being widely discussed in the Israel press and among Israelis.  Almost 80% want him ousted. I would like the facts uncovered. No, he does not deserve a pass. It is also certainly no diversion to consider all aspects of a complex issue. Anything else would be narrow-minded. Maybe that's the difference, I'm not looking to blame anyone. I'm not looking for a "side" to support.  I can acknowledge that the issue is more complex than anyone here cares to recognize.  I can recognize that Hamas is barbaric and at the same time recognize that the government of Israel may have had a role that needs to to investigated. Oh why is that so difficult? As far as genocide, I'm sure there will be much learned in the future.

I did not accuse you of saying he was guilty. This is what I said --  "In my view,  it seems like you buy into a mindset that believes in -  guilty until found innocent. As many on the left are well known for. Your posts frequently share that attitude."  Note the word "seems".  I believe all who posted on this subject have individual opinions on the problems between Israel and the Palestinians. Most here have included a long history. Which ultimately must be taken into account. The root of this war goes far back into the history of the Palestinians. In each war that they have started, they are not willing to take the consequences, which is putting their own in danger, destruction, and loss of more land. Each of their wars has produced death and more loss of land. This war will be no diffrent. This is not my view, it is history. One would find it hard to feel overly empathetic due to this history. I feel empathy for the death they have brought to their children who have no chance of ever having the chance to thrive beyond waging war on Jews.

Throughout your comment, you insinuate that Benjamin Netanyahu may have played a part in not preventing an attack on his people... Right down to the last sentence --- "No one responded? Hamas was let to do their bidding for 7 hours... Let that sink in."  You are smearing and slandering this man without cause, just because you can. This is another very common ploy of leftists. Through a shadow over an incident or words to twist it to your liking.  This form of mindset is nonsensical and works to sew misinformation which can foment discord and ultimately can foment hate.

Perhaps you may read your comment, and ascertain its clear context.

Your comment in full ---   "What mindset?  To be able to see things are they are?  It is no diversion to be able to hold two atrocious realities in a mind at the same time. Because Hamas is barbaric and horrendous does not automatically make Benjamin Netanyahu a saint. It will not absolve any sin he commits, or has committed.. not in my mind anyway.
              Acknowledging The faults of Benjamin Netanyahu certainly does not diminish or let Hamas  off the hook in any stretch of the imagination.  I continue to struggle on this forum that for every black there must be a white and for every good there must be an evil and in every situation we have to cast our characters as such. I don't buy it sorry.  It's so simplistic and denies the realities of a complex situation.
              Currently we have credible report that he ignored the planning of the Hamas attack, why?
              He is either extremely inept along with his intelligence and military.  We know that the Israeli intelligence and military is not that inept.
              Did Netanyahu leave his people open to an attack to have reason to commit the full on genocide of the Palestinian people that we are all here in America comfortably sitting back and watching in real time?  Talk about a mindset LOL.  And that seems to be at the forefront of the reporting in Israel and in the minds of Israelis.
              Yes it is for their citizens to take care of but as a citizen of this country I'm not in favor of money funding Netanyahu under this cloud of suspicious motives.  The man may have sacrificed his own people to launch this war in Gaza.
              Currently they are bombing the south of Gaza where they instructed Palestinians to move to. They literally have nowhere to go within that strip. It is actual shooting fish in a barrel. This is okay with the righteous, Christian  people of America? It's hard for me to rationalize the needless killing that's going on in Gaza. Please don't tell me again about the atrocities of Hamas.. I realize they were barbaric.  But what if Netanyahu left his people vulnerable to attack on purpose?

Many put stock in polls. 76% of Israelis want Netanyahu out.

Just a story from an Israeli resident..
              "Noam Tibon was swimming in the Mediterranean Sea on Oct. 7 when he heard sirens, followed by an alarming text message: Hamas militants had infiltrated his son's community in southern Israel.

He told his son to lock himself in a safe room. Then Tibon, a retired major general in Israel's army, grabbed his pistol, hopped in his car — and drove south from Tel Aviv, making phone calls along the way.

"I tried the chief of staff, the southern commander and the division commander — I know all of them — but nobody responded to me," Tibon, 62, tells NPR.

No one responded? Hamas was let to do their bidding for 7 hours... Let that sink in."

Presenting the facts is not slander.  The IDF did not respond to the attack until 7 hours later. That's a fact. I recounted the story of one man in my post above. He concurs that no one came until 7 hours later.  Yes, despite having some of the most advanced intelligence in the world.  It's a fact that they sat on knowledge that they had for a year that Hamas was preparing to attack them. They even chose to ignore the visual facts that Hamas was running through drills.  None of this can be ignored or swept under the rug.  And let's be very clear that because I make this statement does not automatically make me a supporter of Hamas.
                Neytanyahu can be incompetent,   Hamas can be barbaric and  innocent Palestinians are dying... all these statements can be true at the same time.  None of the statements place blame or support.

Your comments offer conjecture... You view without any form of source to back up such conjecture.  Is it fair to make such statements without proof?  I have not read anything other than conjecture on the Oct 7th timeline. 

I have read that it is unclear if Netanyahu was aware of the reports you speak of.

Perhaps you could offer a source that the information was shared with him.

"all these statements can be true at the same time.  None of the statements place blame or support."

Really?   Here are a couple of your statements that say appear to offer contexts that "place blame"...

"The biggest question that needs an immediate answer is why did Benjamin Netanyahu ignore a report detailing the plans of the attack by Hamas?
                  They even had intelligence of Hamas running their training exercises for the attack."

"Benjamin Netanyahu is a zealot and the truth needs to be uncovered.  What if he purposefully ignored this information from a year ago?  That would be heinous in so many ways.  I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I want the facts."

No problem with sharing views. But don't claim that context in your comments doesn't in this case place blame. Because it's clear your views do openly place blame.  Can't have it both ways.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)