jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

If your country had the draft or national service in its military would you be i

1. Silverspeeder profile image59
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

If your country had the draft or national service in its military would you be inclined to dodge it?

With so many people unhappy at the way governments interfere in other countries affairs and wars would you join the military I'd it was law to do so.
    How do you think you would be able to escape the compulsory conscription?

2. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 4 years ago

I would hate it, I don't agree with war. For health reasons I don't think I would be able to join even if it was compulsory. I would not do well in the military mentally or physically.

3. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

If I were too afraid to take a stand, I'd be a conscientious objector.  I won't kill.

If I had the courage, I'd go nose to nose with "the man" and adamently refuse to serve in any murderous capacity. 

Yes, I would dodge if I had no other choice.

4. old albion profile image71
    old albionposted 4 years ago

The word Duty comes to mind. To dodge it would be a disgrace, should a person dodge it then I hope it would trouble their conscience for the rest of their lives. To do your duty is to stand up to be counted, to protect your country and your people. The future of your country and all it's children could be in your hands. Man or woman, if you hear the call, step forward.

1. ChristinS profile image96
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

but what about wars that are unjustified? It would bother my conscience longer to kill innocent people in other countries because of blind allegiance to a country.

2. old albion profile image71
      old albionposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Surely they are prepared to do the same to you. Innocents might be killed in your country, nobody condones the slaughter of the innocents. 'Blind allegiance to a country' no. Duty to your own yes.

5. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

First, I must see whether my government is worth listening to. If it is my present government, don't say war. I won't do anything for my present corrupted government. They themselves don't even follow the laws that they have enacted, and twist and turn day in and day out, if only to explain the lies that they have made! But if it is a responsible government and the war is meaningful to my country and the world, I will embrace it, if only for the experience. Dead or alive, no one knows for certain but I believe our lifespan is already predetermined, unless we consciously commit suicide.

6. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

My country did have military draft in place when I was 18 years and was involved in an highly unpopular "policing action" in Southeast Asia. I felt no compulsion to dodge military service as I believed it to be my duty to my country in return for the rights I enjoy as a citizen.

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

NO. I would proudly serve my country with conviction and dignity.