jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What should violent prone communities do to address the decline of morality in t

1. mintinfo profile image72
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

What should violent prone communities do to address the decline of morality in the youth?

2. Insightful Tiger profile image77
    Insightful Tigerposted 4 years ago

Open an art center or offer organic gardening classes where those that take the classes can keep the food they grow. The point is to inspire them to do something beautiful and beneficial.

1. Insightful Tiger profile image77
      Insightful Tigerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/19/174728388 … nge-a-life
      This man knows that beauty can change a life.

3. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

Along the lines of Insightful Tiger, first develop funding for a professional dance studio where standards are high, but where children can learn to become pre-professional dancers, in the hope of becoming professional dancers, and who will be trained by professional dancers. Dancing takes a lot of discipline!! Those children who do well will be given the opportunity to tour, (which gives them a goal to reach for). Also, scholarships must be offered to children who show potential and high interest, and who accept that disrespect in the classroom, or violent behavior outside of the classroom is not an option. This dance center will not be conducted as an after school baby sitting program. Rather, it would be serious in its' intent to show children how creative expression and hard work can create a focused, disciplined mind. This way the community can be involved with funding and offering venues for dance demonstrations, etc., and the children will have a chance to develop a passion for the arts. I recommend that ballet and modern dance be a strong focus, not just jazz or hip-hop. Also, I give my son credit for this idea. Frankly, it is something is wishes to do, as he is very involved in the dance community, (having danced professionally.) Long story short, children may just automatically develop higher morals/standards if they know something worthwhile is expected of them.

4. stanwshura profile image73
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

This one is simple.  The adults of the community have to set the example by acting like - no - *being* a community.  You know: do unto others, love thy neighbor, et cetera.  I'm not trivializing your question.  I am deadly serious when I say that the problem is NOT the youth, but those who have let them down.

Like I said - simple.  Yet, anything but easy.

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen, it's the adults that need to change and when they change the children will change.  It's a sad world we live in and the youth of today have no respect for anything but themselves.

5. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 4 years ago

How poor they are...! The youth should be given more positive activities especially the things that can support their live in the future. Teach them morality more; show them how to appreciate and tolerate others. Especially for the Muslims, guide them to internalize Islam better...! Things that make them do it because they have nothing else to do. If only the knew how hard it was to make money or to earn some money, they wouldn't do it. I'm sure it will work. And the more effective way to realize this is started from family. Parents should play their role more in bringing up their young children.

6. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 4 years ago

The answer is to reach out to God in all phases of the social community. 
    It is not the decline of morality, but the decline in praising the Lord for our being that is the problem.
    Our society cheers a pro athlete even when they have committed horrible crimes but the society seldom cheers for the positive God fearing youth who stand tall on guard to protect this nation. 
    Hence the burial of remains of our soldiers in a dump.
    The lack of God in the community has created the worst disaster since the great flood.
    Only the return of the Lord into the center of excellence in the community will fix the current social problem.

7. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

The adults need to grow up and provide a better atmousphere for our children.  There is no reason to be 'gangsters'.  If you live by the sword you die by the sword. What happened to treating others as you want to be treated.  The adults do not have any self respect and they need to find it.  Once they do they automatically pass it on to their children.  The youth of today have no ethics, no self respect and no work ethic as they just want handouts.  Maybe if they got away from the TV and helped thy neighbor they would learn something.  So sad as the world has changed so quickly in the past 30 years.

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

As the old saying goes, "It takes a village to raise a child."