jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it okay to hate an ideology?

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

Is it okay to hate an ideology?

2. TNT Husky profile image70
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

There's nothing stopping you except your own mindset. There's nothing wrong with hating or disliking something, be it an idea, an item, or even if it were something like an animal or a person. it's only bad to act on that hatred. when you act on your hatred, you give other people inclination to act on theirs, creating this chain of disrespect, discontent, and overall dislike. Yes, it's okay to hate something. As long as you don't act on that hate.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Normally I'd say loving or hating an (idea) is a bit on the heavy side. No one should be that emotionally invested in a thought, idea, or opinion.
    You are not going to change an ideology by hating it or loving it. All you can really do is (disagree) with it and choose to spend time with others who share (your) ideology. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in a free society.
    Life is too short to dwell on the ideology and opinions of others! We have the option to spend the bulk of our time looking at what is "wrong" with the world or what is "right" with the world.
    The choice is ours!

4. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 4 years ago

Hate is very strong word.

You may dislike it, but it's not necessary to hate it. You don't have to agree, but still no reason to hate it. You don't have to follow it.

The problem comes in when it's associated with the followers of that ideology - should you hate them for following such? No. Judging another negatively because you disagree, dislike and don't follow it, is childish really.

Heck, there are plenty of people who follow ideaologies I may not agree with, but they are still lovely people regardless.

So, if it's just the ideology you 'hate' - then I suppose it's okay. If it's the people - it's not so much.