you can hate me but I am excited and need to share!

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (77 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Yesterday I had 4 ordered items with amazon. Had a look today and its 7 ordered itmes and 1 shipped yikes
    I have not yet gotten 100 clicks but 7 ordered items and 1 shipped and I think its all because of one hub! One! I am amazed and keep going back to look again, like is it real?

I wonder when this amazing excitement is going to calm down a bit and not seem so unbelievable

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would anyone hate you? We all like to see others do well. Congratulations.

kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It feels a bit like bragging but I am sitting in the flat with hubby still sleeping and I am just amazed that I wrote a hub that is doing so well. I just hope I can repeat this success over n over lol

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's awesome! smile

i'm never envious of anyone who does well. it takes a lot of hard work to get results - those Amazon deals don't just materialize out of the ether. plus it shows that people do earn on here. good job Kristen!

You know when I first signed up here I could tell it wasn't a scam or anything, people gave real honest advice and I could see real potential. Knowing on a theoretical level that there is money to be made is one thing but actually seeing it happen to me, thats a whole different kind of 'this really works' knowledge.

I am so excited to see how many sales I can make this month and if I will be able to reach payout. I mean I am not that old a member, getting close to 6 months and this is real results! I am to excited to put into words. Thanks guys for sharing my excitement!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey kirsten, I am happy for you my friend, more more and more.. you deserve it as you are working hard too on your hubs

4. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice one! 

http://images.zaazu.com/img/1st-place-congrats-congratulations-happy-smiley-emoticon-000435-large.gif

5. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great job! smile

6. Sage Williams profile image60
      Sage Williamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally Awesome, thanks for sharing and Congrats!

7. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent news, kirstenblog-now write a hub on how you did it! lol

I did write one just after my first sale a few weeks ago (before christmas) but I may have to update it before to long wink

8. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How could anyone hate a cute little animal? I want to pet your head and tell you how happy I am for you.

9. William R. Wilson profile image60
      William R. Wilsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kirsten - I know we're not supposed to link to our own articles here but could you point us to it so I can see what you did right?  I'm not having much luck with Amazon so far.

10. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course I hate you, how dare you!!!!  wink

Congrats!

11. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!

12. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well congratulations to you,
      sympathetic mammal.

13. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A super Congratulations to you!

14. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is amazing I don't get much from that one. Give me the reason to keep it going. Good on you Matey

15. OregonWino profile image60
      OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!!  Congrats!!  I just had my first oders a week or so ago...5 total items (one chainsaw and 4 cheap books...but I will take it!!!)

16. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is so great to see those clicks and $$$ signs isn't it? Good for you!!!!

17. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done, i had the same kind of result over christmas and i too kept going back and looking at it.smile

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

http://emoticons4u.com/party/fest09.gif

3. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Congrats KB, great job! There's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet every now and again. wink

4. profile image0
    Wag The Dogposted 14 years ago

That's cool.  So far, 11 items sold in a month is my best.  11 in two days is a dream.  Good job.

It seems one of my hubs is a real hot topic just now. Find a good hot trend and you might just get your goal smile

5. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I hate you, but only because you gave me permission to. mad

lol cool!
      Thats freedom baby!

6. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

smile

that is why i love and respect HubPages - they are a class act!

hee hee so nice to see someone all jazzed.

7. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

Well done I think it is great. I am  pleased for you it is nice that it has made you happy, hope it is the start of a good year for you.

Will the little Racoon profile photo smile for us?
    Plus reading this might be the 'push' I need to get my Amazon account sorted - I think I got the UK one by mistake (blush).

I am sitting here grinning ear to ear lol, can't get a darned thing done! lol
      It would be really cool if you are inspired by my little successes, someone else inspired me so its kinda fun to see it go around smile

2. Oona Seckar profile image61
      Oona Seckarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First, Kirstenblog, way to go!  Imagine if you can now do that ten times over with ten different hubs...

Then... er, 2uesday, you make me feel a little worried.  Is there a 'right' way and a 'wrong' way to sign up for Amazon Associates/add your unique ID to Hubpages?  For UK bods, will links to amazon.com products not result in commissions?  AM I DOING IT ALL WRONG!  (just kidding with the caps - but seriously, guys...?)

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to have a US Amazon Affiliates code for Hubpages.  If you are using a UK id, then you need to sign up separately for the US affiliates programme and insert that US id code in your affiliates section.

1. Oona Seckar profile image61
          Oona Seckarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderfully helpful, CMHypno.  I had no idea!  I hope all other UK bods are aware of this.  Many thanks to you.

8. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Amazing well done, hope for us all, well done

congratulations..... congratulations....... congratulations

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Your posts are making me smile from ear to ear! Congratulations on finding a "hot topic!" I hope it keeps producing for a long time.

Nelle, coming from you I am honored! You are my inspiration to keep writing and trying smile
      Lets hope if it doesn't keep producing for a long time that I find another hot topic and another and another lol
      I don't expect any hot topic to stay hot and am just glad that I am starting to get a good eye for potential hot topics. I could be a very happy person writing about new trends to pay the bills and writing for fun the rest of the time big_smile

10. thekidandblue profile image59
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

well done kirsten, keep up the good work big_smile

11. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I think people will find it inspirational knowing that they really could get results if they learn and act.  Congratulations

12. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Congrats and thanks for sharing Kirsten. Don't worry about us, we'll just drool away on your success big_smile.

13. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!! I've only had either 2 or 3 amazon sales EVER. My traffic is so low at the moment it's practically non-existent.
    Great to see someone doing well big_smile

14. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

'you can hate me but I am excited and need to share!'

Can I hate you? You're not going to report ? hmm

lol

Congrats Kirsten!!!!
    Good for you ! smile

15. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Awesome! I've seen an increase in clicks over the last few days so here's hoping!

16. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

For me the excitement only grows as I make more money. It's very addicting. The more you do and the better you get, the more money you make.

It's not like some jobs I've had where you do more work and the pay stays the same. Or some deadbeat, who does less than everyone else but is better with BS with the boss, gets the biggest raise.

I can see how it can be addictive! I am starting to come down with that ailment lol
      I really am in a 'this is a job' mode with it, to the point where half the day was just spent having the 'serious' talk with hubby over things that have been sliding since we are both obsessed with our net projects and gotta get the romance back roll
      It was worth it tho smile
      But is why I have been silent for so many hours hmm

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

WOOHOO Kristen that is great...okay Kristen stop looking it really happened lol

18. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Nice job Kirsten!!!big_smile

I've had a few items ordered, on some earlier hubs, but that has disappeared since Christmas. It's good you've found what works!

19. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

Sharing your brothers (or sisters) burdens are part of life.
    So sharing your brothers (or sisters) joy should be too!
    Way to go!

20. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Breathe, Kirsten, breathe!  Great to see you so excited.  Of course nobody hates you!  Hope your Amazon luck continues!

21. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

calm down!  It's just blind luck, or it could be your amazing prowess and skill!  skill I believe it is!  envious I am!

22. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

I missed this thread earlier. Well done!

23. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

wink x

24. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

WAY TO GO

Thats how I felt when I woke up this morning lol
      I like waking up to that kind of good news

25. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!! Awesome job! smile I hope it continues for you.

26. profile image0
    troseposted 14 years ago

YAY!!!!  Good for you!  So happy for you! smile

YAY for both of us! big_smile
      We rock! cool

27. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Well, Im blowed!  Fantastic Kirsten, you deserve some reward for the hard work! x

28. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Good for you Kirstenblog!

Why would anyone hate you?

1. profile image0

Hummm. Nice shoes...

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks...nice glasses!

1. profile image0

I use them glasses to look at your shoes...
          not for reading.

29. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Congratulations kirsten!!

30. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

Kirstenblog - thank you for the 'push' I needed to sort out my Amazon signing up problems - I emailed them and they told me to re-apply. I did and I was approved straight away. Thanks to you your post encouraged me to try again.

31. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

keep working and watch those profits climb smile

32. efeguy profile image39
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

only those that are jealous will hate you.

for me congratulation.

33. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

OMG ---  I hate you!!!  NOT  that is just silly, congrats, now, why would anyone hate you.????
    Now you buy something from mine....HAHAHAHA
    congrats, congrats, congrats.....

34. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

This has inspired me Kristen. Im not to good with Amazon. Made a few sales though (very few), but not near impressive. Thanks for this because it makes me realise that there is still hope for me.
    Congratulations Kristen.

35. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Kudos!

36. Lexy profile image68
    Lexyposted 14 years ago

Wonderful!  I would be excited too!  I'm excited for you!  Great job!

37. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

That's great, especially during this time when there's a bit of a slump. Here's to you getting more orders!

38. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Outstanding and Congrats.

39. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

Kirsten

I would like to hate you but your avatar is far too cute! smile

40. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys! The orders seem to still be coming in. It is kinda weird tho, today 2 items moved from ordered to shipped and yet the ordered items number did not go down. I assumed that there were 2 new ordered items that came in since yesterday, keeping the number the same. The funny thing is the ordered items list is exactly the same so either another 2 of the same stuff has been ordered or they were not removed from the ordered list. These 2 items were a bit on the pricey side so it would be cool if its just that 2 more of the same have been ordered but I am not sure?

41. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Kirsten you seem to be on a bit of an Amazon roll!  Hope those orders keep coming in!

I do seem to be on a roll, I sure hope its easier to keep the roll going then getting it started! It seems logical smile It is definitely worth being persistent with amazon, 5 months with hardly any click throughs and most of it not really pushing for it either (adding amazon capsules when relevant but not focused on writing for products) and I got 2 sales just recently which got me writing product hubs. That took my amazon traffic from once in a great while to an average of 10 a day, want to multiply that by 5 as a first goal, that should get a sale a day if my % stays steady. If I can do that then I keep making new goals, 2 sales a day then 3 etc. wink

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yay!!! good for you, accomplishing goals!! smile

42. KeithTax profile image74
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

I think it is great. Keep selling.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)