Let's Talk About - What's Best?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (63 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello Hubbers,

I know, me again and yes I am here to make a point. And, unfortunately, my feathers, per se, are already ruffled, by the ridiculous thinking of some people. I will be writing my next Hub about this, because it is completely out of control.

I understand, where some people want to or think that, they are helping people or saving a life, via preventing abortions from happening, and the basis isn't a societial problem. It's an individual's problem.

Hence, you can see- the RIGHT OF LIFE and the RIGHT OF CHOICE are being violated by others. Now- I brought this up the other day when someone asked about Human Rights and the fact that it was an illusion. However, RIGHTS are not an illusion, but a very essential part of how we live our life.

It is NOT in society's best interest to TELL ME how to live my life, if they want me to be productive and be a benefit.

It is NOT in society's best interest to DIMINISH another person's individual space. The intrusion isn't to be allowed.

It is NOT in society's best interest to DEMAND people do as they are told, because Tyrannt based Government is against the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and The Bill of Rights, which society has fought for.

You go against those documents. YOU ARE NOT An American Citizen!

Are we clear?

Come on- let's discuss it.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi cagsil.You are passionate about individual freedom.Bit of an anarchist are we?

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you want to discuss it?

Do you think I am an anarchist? And if so, what makes you say that?

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image72
          Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The anarchist is one who believes in more freedom than you do.

I mean "you" in a general sense, Cagsil, not talking about you personally. smile

I also believe we are better off with more individual freedom instead of less, but it seems that more and more people disagree with that concept?

That's because people want to control other people, because they believe people are generally EVIL and it's not the case.

Humans are good in nature. They can be 100% completely self-responsible. It can be done, I am a walking example.

1. tksensei profile image60
              tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...... roll

2. cheaptrick profile image75
          cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO Cags I Dont.As usual my sense of humor has missed(I am working on that).
          My SINCERE apologise...peace...

By the way,Christ and Antichrist have no meaning to me.

Hey Cheaptrick,

No problem, don't worry about it. I just want to see if that's what you thought I was? No problem.

2. tksensei profile image60

Yes it is.

1. wsp2469 profile image60
        wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, as long as he is not breaking any laws it is not.

Agreed, if my thoughts and actions are honest. YOU(TK) don't have any right to tell me how to live my life.

Yes I do.

If he's not breaking any laws he's doing what society tells him.

Anyway, this kind of dime-store philosophy/jr. home-made cult stuff is ultimately an exercise in meaninglessness.

2. Cagsil profile image72

Dream on!

Somebody's dreaming, but it's not me. Or maybe it's "10%" who are dreaming...  lol

3. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm shuddering before I even start here, this subject is on my X list. As in, never discuss.
      But I'll post this & take off. I'll check back tomorrow.

My point of view is that folks who are saving a life by preventing abortion could maybe make a bigger impact by using that money and effort to improve a life.
      Help set up a daycare for the little ones, sponsor after school activities for the kids who don't have a whole family in the home etc., help with food challenged families...

I have the exact opinion about sponsoring a foreign child. It is a heartwarming and positive experience for sure. But why not sponsor a child from Cleveland or Detroit? Our own kids are in dire trouble right here in USA.
      Sorry if I strayed OT Ray.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very great idea Jen ! There are a lot of people who resonate the sentiment. Take care, and sorry off topic Cags smile

1. wyanjen profile image70

Why hello there pal. I hope you are well.
          Here we seem to find a common ground smile My opinions are almost certainly opposite from yours. However, we both have enough common sense smile

Yes, it was a very good point. big_smile

Jen,

Thank you for your input. I'm not worried to much about off topic, because you have a valid point. But, I would like to add to it, because I feel the need to- If a person is so worried about what other people are doing about their life, then get more active and spread knowledge- don't spread separation.

Yes.
          I'm right there with you

As long as 'businesses' can influence the majority and can force Congressional action into Law(s). NO ONE is safe!

3. tksensei profile image60

Again, the two are obviously not mutually exclusive.

4. kateperez profile image59
      kateperezposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow,

I think I agree with you.

To have an abortion is currently a right of Americans.  What I don't agree with is the federal government telling me that I should give my tax dollars to allow someone else to get an abortion that is not medically necessary.

I do not want the US government to mandate that I get health insurance.  I do not want the US government to tell me that I am responsible for people who should not even be in this country, and I'm offended that the federal government does not just leave us, the intelligent and prosperous American citizens and guests alone and let us do our job.  We do it much better without them, anyway.

What is their purpose?  To be as you mention, tyrants?  I don't think so.  The Constitution is a short document of a couple of pages long.

I totally believe that we are all much smarter than the government, and if they keep taking our dollars does that give u the right to dictate what it is used for?  Should we not, then, be llowed to be the ones telling others what to do?  I don't care.  Leave me to mine, and you cand deal with yours.  If you don't wish to pick yourself up then you should stay where you are.

I believe the majority is NOT in control.  The dictators with silver tongues or so much seniority their voters don't even care anymore are.  I am the majority as are you.  Congress and the Presidency is only about 600 people or so, isn't it?  There are more Americans than that!

I so agree with your concept.  Good discussion point.

Kate

How can that be when we have a government of the people?

Because it's a lack of knowledge on the people's part that has cause the problem in Washington.

And...they are the one, like yourself, who are going around dictating what other people do? And, it's not your right.

Before you drift back into your swiss cheese of a dime-store philosophy, I wasn't asking you.

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Are you getting an abortion? You said you were a boy.

You think you funny.

Don't confuse yourself, with that much thinking. You already know I am male, so your question is foolish and has no merit.

Is there a particular reason why you asked such a foolish question?

Or was it just sarcasm.

Are you planning on discussing the topic or just make comments that which were just as foolish as your last comment?

Please do tell.....?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your premiss for your argument is flawed on many levels. I 'll just take on the most obvious. If you think restricting people for the good of sociaty is a matter of productivity you sadly mistaken. We have rules to benefit the majority and promote a safe moral sociaty. Which you obviously benefit from because you aren't affraid of voicing your biased opinions.

But, lets go with your premiss that less rules make you more productive. Will say I agree and I feel I would be more productive if I was allowed to own automatic asault weapons. I would feel safer which would relieve me of worries about my families safety. So since you don't want restrictions on your life and I don't want them on mine you'll certainly understand why I would like to ride my four-wheeler on the highway. Hell, I pay my taxes and part goes to the roads so I own a piece! If you think you can stop me, try it!

3. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Not at all.

4. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

It seems to me that people are giving up their rights daily.  It seems like we are more interested in adding more and more laws, keeping our government in power over every part of our lives.  The rights of the individual to decide what is right or wrong for himself is getting lost.

I think it is the concept that we need to be safe, so we should allow some rights to be taken away.
      This entire phenomenon is a result of the 9-11 attack. Terrorism has scared us into ceding our rights in trade for being safe.
      nonsense baloney. tongue

Security is a false concept.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image67
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...when anyone can walk into a subway station with a suitcase full of explosives...

2. wyanjen profile image70

Security is a false concept. and statistically a bad concept.
          You can buy the bill of rights on a metal business card type thing. When the metal detector finds it, you can say, "Here. I am handing over my rights to you. But, at least I'll be safe" lol

lol lol that's too funny lol lol

But, also very scary too. sad

They used to be available at aclu.org lol

NOT getting lost. IS lost!

3. spiritactor profile image60
      spiritactorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that FREEDOM of CHOICE is the target here, to keep our minds and hearts on.

I agree with ddsurfsca that the individual's choice to decide what is right and wrong seems to be diminishing. However, I also know of a growing number of Americans who are shifting their conscience towards more elevated perspectives (higher conscience, as it is called)-- and I subscribe to this philosophy.  One that is "all for the one as the one is in all."  Greed, ignorance, pride, and such will always exist-- the yin-and-yang of life.

So, many of you are right in saying it is up to the individual to hold Truth in their hearts, stay honest with themselves, and always look to what is Right beyond what politicians, the media, and many self-serving factions are rattling on about in our country.

Don't rave at the wind, just love and cherish the Truth that's already in you. Quiet, contentment, giving, loving, is where that truth is found. That alone allows us to STAND against the wind and bend as the reed if necessary. Governments, politicians, lawyers, laws, all of the ambitions of people never last...

And we all know what DOES last. Embrace it and it will never fail you. THE Truth is in us all.

I agree with some of what you said and I disagree with some of what you said. But, the part I disagree with isn't relevant, so I'll not address here in this thread.

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Phew. My first post about abortion. Thanks for not crucifying me, it is WAY WAY too sensitive for me. I should never post about it.
    lol

Take good care all, I'm off to bed.

Later gaters

Bye Jen. Sleep well.

6. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

the only way society at large has no claim on you is if you make yourself completely unavailable to society at large. An anarchist can not live in a vaccuum. He must exist in a society that has rules, rules the anarchist finds too constraining. If the anarchist removes himself from society, he is no longer an anarchist, but an isolationist...a recluse.

7. mistywild profile image62
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I live my life how I live my life, if that pisses the goverment off then so be it, they get a big middle finger from me anyways. Cagsil the things you listed are our choices as individuals and should not be used to determine if you are a good American or a bad American.

But, if your choices are being limited aren't you going to fight back or are you going to let them take your choices away?

I await your reply.

1. mistywild profile image62
        mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you should know I will fight back with all I have in me. Or move to Canada lol

That is my point. Now- it's the majority of the people, who are influenced by 'business', which is carving up the country and separating the citizens, so they can more easily conquer or dominate, for their own agenda.

My argument is based on individual rights. In AMERICA - the rights of an individual are weighed against what's IN the best interest of society, as a whole.

This thinking is stripping individual choice. The primary two rights you have as a citizen- The Right to Life and The Right of Choice.

These are being stripped away, because the majority wants more control.

this is something that should not be a choice, last time I checked we were a free country, screw the majority, I want what I want, period.

This is a problem. It's getting worse. Prime example- look back in this thread and you will see someone specifically TELL ME that they had the right to tell me how to live my life?

How pathetic is that?

pretty damn pathetic, no one should tell anyone how they should live, it's not their life, their choices etc, so screw 'em.

But, if the government is on their side, with the thinking, what's best for society....then how are citizens suppose to defend themselves on their rights?

Business + Government + Majority = LOSS of Individual Rights!

I just want to live my little ol' life how I please, the majority can have a fun time kissing my arse.

Of course they should. You want them to. You depend on it.

How would you know?

Not pathetic, just true. Don't be scared of the concept, just wary of the scope.

You're sad.

No, feelin' pretty good, thanks.

Fight back against what?

If you don't know, I'm not about to try to explain it to you, because you're too narrow-minded, to think straight in the first place.

Secondly, you've already told me your side- YOU want to control my life. And, that isn't going to happen. Rest assured on that.

That's a convenient evasion, but I wasn't asking you anyway.

I am quite assured that it is happening, has been happening, and will continue to happen whether you like it or not.

There's always the island...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)