jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Is it right that our government is going after Zimmerman just to appease the rac

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

Is it right that our government is going after Zimmerman just to appease the race hustlers?

Zimmerman was pronounced not guilty.  The FBI, after their investigation, assessed that Zimmerman was not a racist.  However our AG Eric Holder is soliciting civil rights groups for tips to get Zimmerman.  Don't forget the DOJ spent public money to fund anti-Zimmerman rallies.  It is shocking that this administration is going after this one citizen.  I didn't realize we were back in the USSR.

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Investigating whether a citizen's civil rights were violated? Yes that's the right thing to do. That's their job. Don't know who exactly these race hustlers are but perhaps you are the one who needs to pay less attention to them. Sizeable parts of this country who are deeply concerned about equality support the investigation. That's just Democracy, so the USSR comment makes little sense.

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
      Cassie Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Again, I can trust you junkie to minimize.  Is it not odd to you that Zimmerman is being subjected to double jeopardy?  I knew you lefties wouldn't care about the law unless it serves your own purposes.

2. junkseller profile image84
      junksellerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Double jeopardy only applies to being tried by the same government twice, and as you righties are so fond of pointing out, we are a federalism, hence States and the Fed. Gov. are distinct sovereign entities.

3. Cassie Smith profile image68

Well junkie, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you libs and lefties don't have a problem with using the might of the federal govt to interfere in the lives of ordinary citizens and diminishing the individual.

4. junkseller profile image84

I don't mind the government carrying out the will of the people to continue working for greater equality and justice. With greater equality and justice we are not diminished, only those who oppose those things are (rightfully so).

5. Cassie Smith profile image68

You only see it carrying out the will of the people when it fulfills your agenda and  again by your words you have failed the individual.

6. junkseller profile image84

I see it carrying out the will of the people when we have a democratically elected government. And I have no problem having my words stand next to yours. I speak of equality and justice and you spit on them. The failed individual here is clear.

7. Cassie Smith profile image68

Oh dear, those noble words "equality" and "justice" are being thrown about by liberals and lefties.  You're right we're not in the USSR, it's 1984 and it's here.  Guard the Constitution everyone!

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

You think it's not a race issue but it is. If Martin was white, Zimmerman would have never had an issue with him. He would not have been following Martin at all. How could he say he looked suspicious if he was white? That would be normal to him. What would be the point in following a white guy and asking him questions? That's why they have to investigate it.

working