jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How have you helped someone else recently?

1. Ashleign profile image92
    Ashleignposted 4 years ago

How have you helped someone else recently?

How did you help?

2. laurenehubbard profile image59
    laurenehubbardposted 4 years ago

Driving home from work I saw a mother holding an umbrella over a stroller with a baby, and her little girl, bent down in the rain, she was waiting at the bus stop on the street. I continued driving a couple more blocks thinking I should turn around. I pulled over and cleared out my backseat and did just that. I turned the car around and pulled up to her offering her a ride, getting them out of the rain and home safely. I feel so blessed that God provides us opportunity everyday to do something kind for someone else. And I'm proud to say, this evening I took advantage of that opportunity. #PayitForward

1. Ashleign profile image92
      Ashleignposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't think god had anything to do with that. I think that was all you.

3. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 4 years ago

Hopefully I'm helping people through the useful information in my Hub articles. Most of my articles are aimed at helping people, and some of my Hubs are just fun to read.

4. profile image0
    Vickiwposted 4 years ago

I can honestly say I try to help someone every day, and I prefer not to say how, but I do. It is a commitment I made to myself many years ago.

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Hmm, let's see.   Most recently - and this certainly isn't a big deal, but it's very recent - my sister had some trouble with her cell phone.  I was able to get it working again; but more importantly to her, get her contacts and pictures out of it so she wouldn't lose them.  That was between last night and today, so it's fresh and on my mind.

I did write a Hub with the idea that it might possibly help at least someone in some way.  I boiled some ravioli for someone who can't get to a kitchen very easily these days, and then I packaged it up so he could have a couple of "microwavable" meals on hand.

That's kind of it for the last couple of days.  Not all that impressive, I know.   hmm

6. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

A few small things. I loaned some money for someone to get their heart medicine, it wasn't a lot.
    Sunday there is supposed to be a motorcycle ride to benefit a local orphanage that I'm planning to take part in but it is the rainy season here so I don't know if it will happen. I actually don't know the details I was just invites by a local motorcycle club.
    I do what I can to be a good person and to be kind to others or at least courteous.