jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does anybody still take Al Sharpton seriously?

1. AlexDrinkH2O profile image80
    AlexDrinkH2Oposted 4 years ago

Does anybody still take Al Sharpton seriously?

I think this man is a hustler and a race-baiter.  I believe he has no credibility at all. Comments?

2. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Does anyone take people who use the term "race-baiter" seriously? I mean, besides white-hood salesman?

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I would hope not. He's a racist who goes against everything Martin Luther King Jr. stood for. He supports superiority instead of equality. I'm sure it would mean nothing to him but I have zero respect for the man!

4. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

Al has not outlived his usefullness yet. In a society that has commodified everything including life itself I am sure the business of race-baiting can be added to the mix. I know of others on the other side who do it on a daily basis namely l-baugh.

As a Black person myself I do not like the way our so called leaders choose their battles. We need more leaders who will reprimand Black communities for the high levels of Black on Black crime that is stifling us. But at the same time we know that racism still exists and since there are seasoned vets like him who can confront it, he still gets a pass.

5. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

He is the ultimate race hustler.  Years ago during the conjured up Tawana Brawley scandal he used to show up in the court house in Queens NY along with his two partners in crime Mason and Maddox (now both disbarred) and accuse the court officers like my father of being racist because he had to walk through a medal detector.  Never mind that everybody who entered the building had to pass through the medal detector, including white attorney's and Judges.  He would do damn near anything to stir up trouble.  My poor father had to strip search that thug twice.  What a nightmare that must have been. 

For those of you who are too young to remember his outrageous behavior in this case along with the crown height riots he incited, and the Howard Beach Case....the NY Times recently put together a recap.  It's amazing he is even on TV.  But that's MSNBC for you.  He's made quite the business out of stirring up racial riots.

http://nytimes.com/video/2013/06/03/us/ … story.html

6. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Al Sharpton takes Al Sharpton seriously.

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No. Never have, never will. He always has his own agenda in mind. Publicity for himself!!

8. FitnezzJim profile image83
    FitnezzJimposted 4 years ago

I think there a lot of people who take Al Sharpton seriously.  His followers would be one set of folks who take him seriously.  Those who have to sue him in court  take him seriously.  Those who have to deal with him in jail take him seriously.
    Agree though, he has no credibility, and he has done a lot to earn that lack of credibiltiy.

working