jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Does anybody still use the Hub Hopper?

1. Nesbyte profile image84
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

Does anybody still use the Hub Hopper?

I still try and use the hopper, but it just seems like it's constantly filled with rubbish; short articles, ones with no grammar or punctuation, or hubs not even written in English - I was hub hopping just a minute ago and found one hub written gljwgl lafiwjei euiwhfk iioefn eisih uuqr xxccjkks o oqoe m kkoo iiin  inklwfa fawenk kfnwake iefoqr r38owalr like that.

2. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I do sometimes, when I don't feel to indulge in any other Hubtivity for the time being. Yes, I've come across so many Hubs written in an alien language. You just got to 'flag' these kinda fluff..

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Yes, I still do, but not as much. It seems that the hop takes me to more and more junk. The new hop is so restrictive; you have to vote on the one you land on to go to another (or perhaps I haven't figured it out, yet). At least with the old hop, you can hop until you find one which interests you.

4. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Very rarely. I stumbled upon the same sort of Hubs like you described.

It seemed a waste of time, next to answering questions, commenting on Hubs, be active in the forums AND write Hubs.

5. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I just used it a few days ago because on the new HubHopper page it now gives you the option of using the old Hub Hopper.  It is an option near the top on the left hand side of the page (above all of those new slide bar options that nobody likes to use).
    The line below the "HubPages" logo is:
    "What is this?-Access Classic Hub Hopper"  Click on the side that says "Access Classic Hub Hopper" and you go back to the way Hub Hopping used to be and hop to a Hub you are interested in.

6. StandingJaguar profile image78
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

I tried it a few times and only ever got a couple of real articles. The rest were down-right terrible (and short) articles or just lists of links with no explantion....

7. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

I try to hop at least once a day, but I'm not always successful. I feel like to make the hubpages community better I should at least try.

But I totally agree with you that the quality of hubs that are coming through the hopper are really low. I have had a few that are original and I vote up on those, but I have seen some that come through as a blog entry.

Do people not realize that hubpages isn't a blog, it's not twitter?

8. nanderson500 profile image86
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

I never do anymore. I liked the older version better. The new one just takes too much time.

9. soconfident profile image82
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

I do,  but dont use that new, I switch to classic mode soon as  i sign in

10. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

The Hub Hopper is depressing.  Try using the Dennis Hopper instead.  It shows clips from Easy Rider and True Grit.

11. researchpapers profile image57
    researchpapersposted 5 years ago

I don't know about others but I am not using it any more.

12. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I think it is very important as a member of this community to "Hub Hop".  I use the old version cause I don't care for the new one.  If you read a Hub that you find is lacking in proper grammar or not written in English, you should certainly flag it so a moderator can look at it.
    At least with the old version, it you find one that doesn't interest you, just hop on to the next one. 
    I enjoy it when I have some free time.

13. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

I try to hop a few hubs daily. I prefer the new interface over the old, because some borderline hubs I had a hard time just doing an up/down judgement on them, which is all you can do in the "classic" hopper. Yes, there is a lot of garbage, that's why it's useful to help weed that stuff out. In the case of really bad ones such as you describe those are pretty quick mark up and move on from.

14. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

I haven't used the Hub Hopper in many months, I prefer to randomly hop my own hubs of choice. I'll visit a hub, if I see a comment I like within that hub I'll then hop their hubs and so on, so on....My plan seems to be working well for me.