jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Is homosexuality spreading through our nation?

1. raven heft profile image60
    raven heftposted 4 years ago

Is homosexuality spreading through our nation?

Do you think it's spreading through our nation and possible the world. let me include that I have nothing against it. But your opinion matters.

2. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I don't think this is something that "spreads", but anyway, I also don't think there's a difference in how many homosexuals are now vs. how many were in the past. The fact that it's more accepted now, and not as condemned as it was before, has allowed many more people to be more open about it and not hide it, which is why some people might have the notion that the "rate" of homosexuals is bigger than before.

1. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

You have nothing against it yet you state this question as if it's a contagious disease. Which it is not. So it can't be "spreading". Most cases of homosexuality are people who are born that way. If it appears there are more it's because the LGBT community is beginning to be who they are instead of hiding.

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Exactly this. Couldn't have said it better.

4. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 4 years ago

it isn't "spreading" , it's becoming more acceptable. A religion looses it's power over people, homosexuality becomes something we accept because we realize there is nothing wrong with it. it's not a disease, it's just how some people are.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No I don't think it spreads, nor do I think it is more common. What has changed it the homosexual population has become more vocal.

6. raven heft profile image60
    raven heftposted 4 years ago

Good to know, thanks for answering and i accept all for who they (: but apologies for how it was described. Goodnight everyone.

7. LandmarkWealth profile image81
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

I find it hard to believe it is spreading.  It's not something that is contagious.  However, I remember sometime ago back in college learning about a species of baboons that scientist observed had increased homosexual activity that coincided with over growth in their population.  Sometimes I wonder if there is an increase in homosexuality, and I am not sure there is...that it may be a result of over growth in the global population.  Perhaps that might be a way in which mother nature addresses such a problem.

working