jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

A student was stabbed to death today in Houston.How do we stop the violence in s

1. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 4 years ago

A student was stabbed to death today in Houston.How do we stop the violence in schools?

One student was killed and three others were injured. Police suspect this was gang violence. How can we change the mindset of youth that race and territory are not a matter of life and death?
    Link: http://www.khou.com/news/local/Life-Fli … 28091.html

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8350917_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

This sent chills up my spine as my sister's daughter (my niece) goes here.  I hadn't heard about this.

I don't know the answer.  I have seen movies and documentaries where some out-of-state hero type principal is called in and changes an entire school environment.

lifelovemysteryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The parents, teachers and students are angry. The parents of the assailant are saying, "Don't blame us, we're not bad parents". How does a 17-year old kid decide to slaughter people in his school?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's terrible for sure.  I was going to call my sister later after she gets home from work to see if my niece is ok.  I live in CT, and we had the Newtown tragedy.  Our schools won't let anyone in without ID.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

Invest in schools like you invest in homeland security;  put up security guards, metal detectors and metal detector doors in entrances.

More attention is paid to the courthouses to protect judges but our children pay the ultimate price by going to unsafe schools.

lifelovemysteryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I really don't want to see students and schools get the same treatment as prisons. I think this has more to do with teaching children the difference between right and wrong, and also holding them accountable.

4. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 4 years ago

If you listen to the press, ban video games everywhere.

If you have common sense, you find a way to strike at the source. Gangs...also bad parenting.

working