jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What did you think of President Obama's speech at the Navy Yard Service

1. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

What did you think of President Obama's speech at the Navy Yard Service

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8388647_f260.jpg

2. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

Never saw it but I suspect it was not unlike the other speeches he has given at these types of ceremonies. He is an effective purveyor of empathy as a leader should be.

3. janshares profile image99
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

The speech itself was good and expected but the mood surrounding the service was very heavy. I sensed that the President is growing weary of making these speeches, even before he opened his mouth. He said as much when he stated that this is the 5th time he is having to do this type of memorial. I found it incredibly sad for the country and tear-jerking. His weariness made him very genuine and sincere, especially when he hugged every family member at the end. Living in Washington, DC, I guess this one hit all of us Washingtonians a little harder, even the President.

1. janshares profile image99
      jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, RealityTalk.

4. celafoe profile image61
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

most inappropriate  speech ever made by a supposed president, but then what would one expect from this sorry mus-slime imposter.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am always disappointed when comments like this one come from the clergy, whatever their political views.

2. celafoe profile image61
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

two things for you.
      i am not , do not believe in as God hates it - clergy
      sorry but the truth is the truth and must be spoken not hidden as the politicians desire.    To make such a speech shows how despicable he is.

5. taburkett profile image62
    taburkettposted 4 years ago

It was quite expected from a failure that continually blames others for such failure.
    The government failed to properly investigate the individual that brought the destruction and killing.  Therefore, the government failed to provide the proper security to those victims.  As leader of the nation, this means that Obama has failed.
    Since he referred to Trayvon Martin as "He could have been my son"; the least he could have done, is to admit that the shooter at the Navy Yard could have been his son.
    But as usual, Obama presented his tyrannical agenda brandishing gun control as the answer.
    The answer is a strong USA, but it will never be achieved under the Obama Administration of blame while leading from behind.
    Washington D.C. is a gun free zone.  This means that no one should be carrying.  But as usual, the gun free zone was not enough to ensure security for the victims.
    So the blame game is lamely the same - failure of the worst kind.
    The political banter will swell, but the killing will continue to cause others to wail as the President and his corrupt political agenda continues in respect to security fail.

Closed to reply

working