jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What causes certain types of men to be threatened by the increasing changes and

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What causes certain types of men to be threatened by the increasing changes and advancements

relating to women, particularly in the fields of reproductive technology?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8390097_f260.jpg

2. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Those in power never want to give up their power, doesn't matter what it's relating to. Whether these men want women barefoot and pregnant cooking dinner in the kitchen or if they just feel very strongly that a fetus is an actual life doesn't matter one iota - they're used to getting what they want (and what they feel is right for everyone) even if that means treading on others, actually especially if that means treading on others. Look at white people after the Civil War. OK so the south begrudgingly had to give up its slaves - they weren't about to look at them as equals! Hell, freed slaves didn't even have the right to vote. Neither did women. There's not much of a difference here. Power makes monsters out of people. Just read about the Stanford Prison Experiment and you'll see what I mean. The "guards" became vicious and the scientist observing played God in his own way but just watching it play out instead of stopping it.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank YOU for this intelligent answer.  I LOVE intelligent and insightful answers!  Please come back again to answer my questions, Theo, you are ALWAYS welcome!

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think it's a combination of things.
    The first is the overriding belief that abundance and opportunities are "limited". Therefore if (A) gets something it is at the expense of (B) having less. The reality is there are more millionaires and billionaires today than ever before. One is only limited by his or her imagination and willingness to do what it takes to accomplish their goals. The "blame game" is too easy to play.
    Secondly very few people actually "welcome change". Very often it is forced upon them and they resent it. This goes for just about anything from "new procedures" at work, a new boss who demands more, long held traditions "Instead of having turkey this Thanksgiving I thought we'd have chicken pot pies." WTF?! LOL!
    Now if someone is going to lose it over changing a menu item you can only imagine how some people might feel about being (forced) to compete, share, or associate with others not of their choosing. The resentment is even stronger if one believes the new boss or associate was given "an unfair break" of some kind in order to get where they are. A male dominant occupation suddenly has to be schooled on what is considered "sexual harassment". They aren't free to joke/behave the way they use to and this would apply to any situation where a minority of any type or someone of a different culture joins the team.
    People usually don't "embrace" change. They become "accustom" to change (overtime)!
    With the passing of each generation the change of "today" becomes less of an issue. Fifty years from now people will wonder what the big deal was over Obamacare or Marriage Equality. There was a time when people were upset over fluoridated water and interracial dating.

working