Men of superpower threatened by Greta

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

https://youtu.be/29v0hphT-Pg

When someone can take their own weakness then turn it into a strength.
    Then take it beyond, like Greta. That disability can turn into your abillity of your own superpower.

1. hard sun profile image79
      hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Her story and will are amazing. It's going to take more superhero type efforts to take down the superpowers in charge of global energy and all the poisons in the world. It must be done though. She's motivated me to get more involved with things I can do. The  powers that control Fox news are clearly threatened by Greta. That's good.

Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why are they afraid of a teenager trying to communicate? She take their threats as a compliment and something is happening.

Calling her a nazi or she is like the movie Children of the Corn, is so over the top.

Yeah, taking her so seriously is only legitimizing her cause even more. What are they really scared of? Surely not cleaner technologies?

2. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds there is a real need for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP2vukNOPc

Greta....It's the greatest protest phenomena I ever seen. In Montreal 500,000 came out to see Greta. About 6.6 million are striking  worldwide. Not seen anything like this since 9/11 protest. She plans to continue until the powers to be listen and act. She says the earth health and ours is more important than work and school. I agree.

Greta helpline. For angry issues and over stress people.
        https://youtu.be/KIP2vukNOPc

Been watching the explosion of numbers of Greta's March everyday. The youth are rising faster than the sea levels.

Greta is up to 125 countries and 2000 cities. Watched a documentary on her, she really is at the center of it all. The strike and protest on Fridays meaning most likely people have taken off work or school to attend. Just about all ignorance Politicians can say is,  go back to school. I only used actually 10% of my life from school, many of these kid sense this. I see this protest going for a world record.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's not that you have used only 10% that's the problem. The thing that some politicians were saying was something on these lines: Go back to school and you will maybe find a way to fix this problem. The kids are protesting because right now there are solutions but not enough is being done, it's not going to change if the kids go to school and "discover" something new. Also, they know that there's not much time if they want a world without a lot of ecological problems and they cannot wait until they grow up.

One politician in Germany asked a student, how would you solve the problem of global change.

She replied, I don't know, I am in high school f__cker.

Their student team do have real expert scientists who are standing by, but politiscian won't listen to them at all. Maybe science is too boring for blow horns.

Exactly, at least the kids are smart enough to know that they trust experts in the field and not fake news or foolish politicians who know less than them.

Must be embarrassing being taught science by kids. Kids know more about dinosaurs, that must be really frightening to mostly judeo/ Christians seniors.

Yup.

2. hard sun profile image79

I had a highly religious individual tell me that kids who go to school trust scientists because they are brainwashed. They home school their kids and take them to church. Who is being brainwashed? Some people ensure their kids will not be "smart enough."

I did 12 years of indoctrinations camps and only use 10% learned from school. Learn most from traveling worldwide than anything.

By joining crowds of 10s or 100s thousands for the largest Crisis of our Times. I Can't imagine a better way to protect our own health and the health of the planet. In the most worldwide connection of one for one and one for all whole world family realationships.

Screw the Feds.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I think most people miss the greater point. The West can do everything possible. They can decimate their economies in hopes of making difference. Until the East, the Middle East, everything countries, etc. are on board the needle will not move one inch in a positive direction.

And, the optics of attempting to get these nations on board prohibit positive change.

I think most everyone, who cares, understands the difficulties in getting all countries, including "developing" nations, to do their part. They were discussing this problem in academia twenty years ago.

The crux of that matter is that some nations see it as the US, and other countries, benefited financially from dirty energy sources, etc for decades, and now they are saying we cannot do the same? Nothing new.

However, we now have an even bigger problem. Climate change is a hoax, and some will fight any initiatives to get us away from environmentally damaging practices because of this. As already pointed out, the leader of the most influential nation on the planet --maybe not for long--is actively fighting against the efforts to mitigate our impact on the environment.

Our rivers spontaneously caught on fire before the EPA

Ft. McMurray in the Tar Sands nearly half the city burnt to the ground. One million and half acres on fire, it was raining fire for days. For years Tar Sands land are a larger area than England and is almost completely destroyed.

With Trump plan to make America number 1 in export oil, Tar Sands will happen everywhere across America.

I learned a bit about tar sand oil. Dirtiest and most dangerous energy source we could find. Environmentalists been fighting for decades to keep them from exploiting that resource. Not surprising it's snowballing under Trump.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Alberta has huge deposits of tar sands, too, don't they?

Alberta is the main operation of theTar Sand.

Yup and they barely scratch the surface figuratively speaking.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

In Greta speech to the UN she did not address Trump and the US. Climate change and poverty go hand in hand.

Greta addressed the 200 countries that sign on to the 2015 Paris Accord were short by 50% of their targets. She said thats maybe good enough for you, but unexceptable for us and our future.

US is not the whole world , they are the only one, not trying at all through their Government. One exception is China may hit their target between 2021-2025 ahead of schedule of 2030 of emissions tonnage.

I have lived in two places in the arctic and visited the largest towns and small cities except Alaska. Due to my work with Ice hotel, snow playground and snow sculptures. The greatest change on earth is happening in the arctic from the 100 countries that I have visited.

World leaders continue to ignore global emergency danger. Even many US military Generals say climate change is the world greatest threat. Most popular world leader and commander in Chief, calls climate change a Hoax. Trump Nuking hurricanes, maybe send icecubes from Vegas to the poles and throwing paper towels around in Costa Rica is just not good enough.

Sadest and most dangerous story I can imagine.

1. Nathanville profile image92
      Nathanvilleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I note your opening paragraph, Castlepaloma, that “In Greta speech to the UN she did not address Trump and the USA.”

In contrast she had a big impact on British Politics when she visited London in April 2019, as the ‘TimeLine’ of events unfold (following her visit) are shown in the videos below:-

•    Her visit to London in April, where she supported the ‘Extinction Rebellion Protest’, spoke to MPs in Parliament and to the Political Leaders, led to Parliament declaring a ‘State of Climate Emergency’ in May, which ultimately led to Theresa May (then Prime Minster) in July making the UK ‘Net Zero Emissions’ by 2050 LAW, rather than just the 80% Target under the Paris Agreement.

April 2019:  The Greta Thunberg Effect on British Politics: Her Visit to London in 2 Minutes.  https://youtu.be/5pxwmsPM5aQ

April 2019:  Activist Greta Thunberg Meets UK Political Leaders from 6 of the 7 Political Parties in Parliament, London.  https://youtu.be/1iAL2zk3DUE

April 2019:  Greta Thunberg Met with Applause from MPs in House of Commons (Following Her Speech in the UK Parliament). https://youtu.be/oZJbFZe0EC4

May 2019:  UK Parliament Declares Climate Change Emergency. https://youtu.be/NCb0v7xJvt8

July 2019: Theresa May (UK Government) Confirms Target (in LAW) of 'Net Zero' Emissions by 2050.  https://youtu.be/9uzqgdOZv_E

Funny Trump did not see Greta UN speech yet comments.
        She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!

Trump did not see her holding back her tears wail speaking.
        ”People are suffering, people are dying, entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.”

Greta says of the world leaders that no one had gotten a good plan together with action. Although I think China is actually making good progress.

1. Nathanville profile image92
          Nathanvilleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep, Greta‘s ‘art’ of ‘diplomacy’ is something many world politicians could take lessons from; especially people like Trump.

When Greta says of the world leaders that no one had gotten a good plan together with action; she is putting pressure on world leaders to listen e.g. it doesn’t matter how good your efforts are, there is always room for improvement.  But ‘Diplomatically’ her comments are aimed primarily at people like ‘Trump’ more so than others.

Yes, China (and Europe) is making a lot of good progress.  Of the UK Greta’s tweet in June was:-

“MPs have passed a motion making the UK parliament the first in the world to declare an ‘environment and climate emergency’.  Historic and very hopeful news.  Now other nations must follow.  And words must turn into immediate action.”

And those word were turned into immediate action e.g. in July the UK Government (Theresa May) passed a LAW committing the UK (as a legal requirement) to becoming ‘net zero’ Carbon Neutral by 2050.

Hope to be alive to see zero carbon neutral.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Finally did watch Greta in the UK. Was impressed with their response. Although too often they talk out two sides, of their mouths.

4. Castlepaloma profile image76

https://youtu.be/lemCu_-BuUU
    I have a second home in Belize trying to fly out of Cancun hurricane. I experienced a far worst sight, up to four stories high of hotels totally flooded. A town near my house was totally covered in a mud slide of 1500 people case in a grave. They rarely make the US News. This is a drop in the bucket compare to all the pollution disease like cancer we ignore and go on our way, heads facing the ground.

5. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

I think a couple of things are going on here. No. 1, adults are acting like selfish children, and our children are having to take responsibility and become adults. This is causing great shame and consternation among some, especially the irresponsible, adults.
    No. 2, until Dr. Spock came along with his famous book that put children in the limelight, children were supposed to be "seen, not heard." That is causing consternation among some people.
    The U.S. is supposed to be a world leader, yet, we have a gun problem. The children of Florida have arisen and spoken, and now Americans are being forced to talk about guns. American children are worried about their future.
    A girl in Pakistan, Malala, is speaking out because she was shot for going to school.
    Children are being stolen and enslaved in Africa, yet little is being done by the governments of those countries.
    It is any surprise that an uprising of children is occurring in the world to try to get the deaf to listen to the cries about global warming and climate change and atrocities.
    Today's children are worried about their futures, so they are having to become the adults to save the future. All the while, the adults play their childish, selfish games. It is these selfish adults who actually fear them. They know the jig is up, and their only recourse is to ridicule and to try to make caricatures of these brave children.
    What is so surprising about that?

I''m deeper connected to most youth and animals than I am with the middle age and boomers generation generally. Too many oldies but moldies just ignore my fresh ideas here on hubpages , the youth are crazy for me. Still it's good to share experiences.

Pioneering for 15 years cannabis and eco tiny house communities is where most youth get it. Boomers physically are mainly the ones totally ignoring it or destroying it every step of the way with odd exceptions like yourself Mizbe.

My superpower is sticktoativeness and intuitive about change of world events.
      Got rich from my sand and snow sculpture when they was no professional 45 years ago.

As a grower for medical purposes, our teamed of cannabis activists 15 years ago, pushef it to be legal. After 15 years building tiny houses, finally got a legal contract to build this spring.

Gerta movement is the key to my final push on my urban farming, eco community living starts.
      This will take more time, it's most difficult moving superpower empires. There is no stopping these kids now. Finally they are seriously committed to changing the minds and hearts to the two greatest threats toward humanity. Climate crisis and poverty.

Like the reefer Madness dinosaurs keeping cannabis illegal for 95 years the Genie is out of the Bogg. Like you said they are the new adults. They are the up incoming and being there. Wars and synthetics are dying for a change.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)