jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you could bring back a president from the past, which one would you choose an

1. krsharp05 profile image92
    krsharp05posted 4 years ago

If you could bring back a president from the past, which one would you choose and why?

2. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 4 years ago

Hi. 

Interesting question.  If this covers every president, I would say Abe Lincoln, but I think he would be shocked to discover what has transpired since his time, and would feel quite uncomfortable in the 21st century.

3. Levellandmike profile image79
    Levellandmikeposted 4 years ago

Ronaldus Magnus-Ronald Reagan.
    Reason: I'm old enough to remember the economic (and otherwise) mess made by his predecessor...the "Misery Index", Iran, etc... Remarkbly similar to current events, kinda spooky really.
    It took Reagan, his vision, his policies, his drive and more than a little help from across the aisle over the course of 8 years to undo the damage Carter did in 4.
    It will take a Ronald Reagan-type personality to undo this mess. Problem is, we ain't found one yet.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I never thought that I would utter this word, but for me it would have to be Bill Clinton. He left his predecessor with a surplus in the budget, good foreign policy, and dodged impeachment. He is definitely the best orator of our lifetime.

working