jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

To conservatives and moderates out there, what 10 solutions would YOU implement

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To conservatives and moderates out there, what 10 solutions would YOU implement in order for America

to become a more productive society with a high level of responsibility and a high work ethic?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8495939_f260.jpg

2. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 4 years ago

1. Require those who receive government payments to do a government job.  There are many government jobs that require no real skills, and the government pays someone a salary to fill these positions.  Why not require those that are deemed able to do these jobs in exchange for the public assistance they receive. 

2. Heavily tax imports from foreign manufacturers, especially those countries that tax US imports heavily in their respective countries or have unethical or nonexistent labor laws.  It is hard for an American to take pride in the product they are building when they know a similar, low quality product from China will be sitting on the shelf next to theirs at half the price. 

3. Start large scale incentive programs for companies that use American sourced products, services, and manufacturing.  The US government should make huge grants and tax breaks available for these companies.  Americans producing the products Americans buy creates a sense of pride and is really the backbone of a productive society. 

4. Start large scale incentive programs for American based companies that create, research, and use renewable resources.  This should include a system to help streamline products from these companies to the consumer. For example, when a company creates the best solar powered car ever known, the government should step in and help to quickly roll out these products to consumers.  It should not take decades to phase out harmful fossil fuels when a superior alternative comes along.  Of course, this would have far reaching impacts in areas such as energy, agriculture, environmental protection and many more.

5.Legalize, regulate, and tax all drugs in America.  Instead of spending billions a year funding the 'war on drugs', billions in tax revenue would be collected.  These taxes could be used for ongoing child education on the dangers of drugs and drug rehab programs.  There will always be people in society that want to use drugs, and nothing is going to stop them.  Did we learn nothing from the prohibition of alcohol?  The current war on drugs has created a black market all around the innocent citizens of America.  When a junkie wants to buy some heroin where does he go?  He doesn't go to a clean, secure, monitored location out of public view.  He goes to a gas station parking lot and parks next to you.

I don't have ten, but I think these five would be a great start.  I know some of them may sound extreme, but I truly believe this would help.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, WISH I could vote this BEST ANSWER!

2. tsadjatko profile image56
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

mgeorge,are you sure you are a conservative? You forgot to mention the war on women, don't you want to win it?& Harm Black Women,Kill Kids,the elderly,Destroy Schools& Take U.S. Hostage.That's part of conservativism according to the left Goog

working