True that people personally attack to receive a banable response???

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 10 years ago

True that people personally attack to receive a banable response???

It seems as if I have been banned for responding (without malice) to "personally attacking" comments that are way worse in my opinion than my own comments. 
    I do not "report" even the silliest or most disrespectful comments. I just respond smile I feel that the disrespect is in no way directed at me; but my biblical flow. I am not offended.  But so many rude commenters (and I do mean rude!!!) get offended by some of their own type of speech. smile
    Is it simply a game to feel as if you have won the argument if you can verbally punch someone and report them when the verbal punch reverbs???

2. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 10 years ago

It's the same as it is in the real world, some folks can dish it out but can't take it themselves. I personally try really hard to watch what I say because I know there are people who run right to the moderators to report anything.

Cgenaeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

AFTER their own offense... I am totally giddy about it. smile  I try to keep it as nice as possible but I must be me. And I guess I need a break from time to time. smile thanks Georgie

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My own score dropped 5 points the day after I asked atheists a question. Maybe it was a coincidence.... but it's happened before. Ah, well. Maybe we should complain too, but I think that's kind of lame--sort of like running to mommy over nothing.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image90
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As someone who is an atheist and has spoken in support of others like me, I've experienced the same thing here with drops in Hub Scores and Hubber Scores. This is why I don't participate in those types of questions anymore.

4. Cgenaea profile image61

Lame!!! I like that. I've used the running to mommy analogy as well smile instead of hit and run; it's hit and hit the report button.  And yes, it does seem to affect scores. Thanks for responding.

5. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

George & Cgenaea, totally concur.Some people have not matured emotionally,they're emotionally immature.They INSULT but cry when it's returned in kind.Forums should be a place of intelligent, intense debate;ADULTS are few & far between in the

6. PhoenixV profile image65
      PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

On my previous ban my hubscore dropped and I lost about 3 accolades I earned. Its the most cowardly thing I have ever seen in my life.

3. PhoenixV profile image65
    PhoenixVposted 10 years ago

I got banned for 24 hours just now.  Sorry to hear about your experience.

Come back once you're sprung. Jesusjail can be relaxing and recharging. smile
      I quit during my 2nd or 3rd. It seemed so unfair that the people here spit fire but super sensitive when the hardest thrown darts bounce back. They report. Embarrassment...

2. PhoenixV profile image65

JesusJail smile

3. Cgenaea profile image61

I'm on parole. smile last time it was 7 days. Almost class x. Lol
      Not that it's funny; just silly to me. They've called me all kinds of stuff. Soon as you say boo...

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry bro.  Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

5. PhoenixV profile image65

It seems that the "posse" that really runs Hubpages Forums have decided to retroactively increase my ban to 7 days instead of 24 hours like it said at first. I would appeal to the Owners of Hubpages, but it doesnt appear they are in charge.

6. Cgenaea profile image61

Well that sucks... I was looking forward to tonight. I wonder if they ever view the surrounding comments and ban more than one for one incident, report or no. Because they ban the defensive/RECEIVER of "junk" often.

7. PhoenixV profile image65

Yes, its obviously selective targeting. Common knowledge really. I am not sure I will even survive them at all.

8. Cgenaea profile image61

Yeah, I quit because it seemed slanted. Erased my acct. Back because I was "bored" smile I realize that this battle was won years ago. Just doing as directed. He is more than the world against... just stand. ♥

9. profile image0

Reports are sent and if enough are received, they have to ban the one reported even if that person did nothing to get banned for simply because management doesn't have time to check out all the facts.  They have a business to run.

10. Cgenaea profile image61

Sounds about right. I figured it was not just one report each time but also "protectors" who want to keep the fuzzy wuzzy shades of gray for political reasons of course. smile

11. profile image0

There is a clique roaming about the forums.  Never doubt that they have an agenda to have believers banned.  Deception is the work of the devil.

12. PhoenixV profile image65

I think there might be at least 2 cliques. One "site" clique that brown noses the site and upholds their own clique and the clique that selectively targets Christians by abusing the report system en masse or by concerted effort.

13. Cgenaea profile image61

My own thoughts collectively.

14. profile image0

Mat_10:17  But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Cgenaeaposted 10 years ago

Yes. Somebody is mad again. I really don't know the how or why. My phone screen never gives me the offensive link; nor did I get to read how long my break is this time. 
    If you can pinpoint my reason for being banned please do.
    Just HOW sensitive is our feisty crew???

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Genaea, I am so sorry to hear about this.  I don't read all your posts, but the ones I have read, I have not seen anything ban worthy.   Take care, and we will see you soon. smile  Sorry you got banned.

2. Cgenaea profile image61

See you soon. Thanks!
      I'll be back... wink

3. profile image0

Probably for laughing at Jomine.   It is hard to tell though.  I guess it depends on how many times you were reported.

Funny how that happens... I STILL won't do "reporting" I can handle each and every one of his very own put-downs toward me and many more.
      Thank you too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)