jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which is better....pepper spray or a small glock pistol for a young woman out al

1. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 4 years ago

Which is better....pepper spray or a small glock pistol for a young woman out alone?

An attractive young woman walking her small dog....armed with pepper spray or carrying a small glock for protection?  Is the gun more dangerous FOR her than protective?  Now, if she is walking a doberman, does it matter?

2. Vledoc profile image61
    Vledocposted 4 years ago

If you are willing to take the proper safety courses and practice often, a small gun would be great.  If you aren't willing to practice then pepper spray is better because you are less likely to hurt yourself.

Firearms courses teach many valuable, like when you are allowed to use a gun to protect yourself (for a small female, it is hard to NOT be justified if attacked), tons of safety rules/recommendations, proper maintenance/cleaning, etc. 

If she is walking a dog, it really depends on the type of dog.  If the dog is likely to bark if it is approached by a stranger, that would certainly be discouraging to an attacker.  If the dog is small and timid it would not make much of a difference.

prektjr.dcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding!  I agree there are several factors to consider!

3. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 4 years ago

Both would be best. Bring pepper spray in case she wants to get away, but not kill her attacker, but also bring a gun in case the attacker also has a gun.

prektjr.dcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A part of me wants to agree here, but I think deep down the point of denial we all carry wants to imagine it could never come to that point.  Sad that it is closer to denial than reality.  Reality is...you are correct. Thanks for commenting!

working