jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How to protect yourself?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

How to protect yourself?

If you don't know any martial arts. What to carry? Pepper spray, taser, etc?

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Get a snake; wrap it around your neck or carry it in your purse.

1. tati134 profile image60
      tati134posted 4 years agoin reply to this

that will work too.lol

3. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image60
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

Just don't walk alone in the streets at 3 am and you'll probably be fine.

sometimes obligations make you do things like that , its not always happening because of choice. If you where to step out at whatever time the smartest thing to do is stay on sight, and if you don't it doesn't give the right to anyone to do wrong

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I would say pepper spray is the best alternative. But don't just buy it and not give it any further thought until you have to use it. Make sure you get used to wherever you carry it (purse, pocket, etc) so you can get to it quickly. More importantly, practice getting it out and aiming it. The worst thing for you would be having to actually use it and accidentally spraying yourself instead of a mugger.

lol.... you are correct . i believe they do sell the one that you can carry on your waist or keys. just always remember to carry it facing the correct way

5. tati134 profile image60
    tati134posted 4 years ago

Hi , jaydawg808
    I feel the best thing to do is  use a cell phone you can keep voice activated like that new android ..lol it can get you out of situations without making it  worst for yourself. another thing you can do is use a mini pocket air horn it works better to make them run or make them deaf...lol because if you don't know martial arts and you don't know how to fight it doesn't make any sense to use a pepper spray or taser because they might use it on you. If you use a pepper spray you might spray on your self by mistake ,and if you use a taser your running the risk of not just having it used on you but even though they say its legal now , you might run the risk of getting in trouble with the law . overall the best thing to know when it comes to protection is exactly where and how to hit the pressure points in the body. I probably said too much but for anyones safety you need to know it all...lol hope this information answers and helps you some how.