jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Are you "wed" to a particular political party for the 2014 and the 2016 election

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

Are you "wed" to a particular political party for the 2014 and the 2016 election candidates?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Good gracious no! As for 22016 I have no idea for sure who is even running! I pick people based on skills and if I believe they can fulfill at least a few of the lies they will tell during the debates. I may not have as much of an informed opinion as I would need until close to actually voting!

Perspycaciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well said, but there will be other answers, if folks reply truthfully as we both hope they will (or they may just be silent and, as in elections, not participate.)

3. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

Wed? No. Unwed? Yes. On a national level anyway, there is no way in heck I would vote for a Republican. The Republican party is a cancerous tumor which needs to be excised and dumped in a vat of acid. I'm not really a huge fan of many Democrats either, but there are a few I could support.

Not sure it matters much. Too many people are wed to parties. In my district the Democrat running against the incumbent Republican for US Representative has a website where the first paragraph has 11 grammar/spelling mistakes. It would be pathetic for a second grader, yet somehow he got almost a third of the votes cast last cycle, and there just is no way anyone actually voted for him, they simply voted for the D by his name. Our system is dumb and way too many people don't even try. I'll still vote, but I'm not going to pretend it matters.

4. MizBejabbers profile image92
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

I have to say that I am because the professor in my political science class in college many years ago said that people who "vote for the man not the party" were kidding themselves. He said that a candidate basically had to follow the party line and stick with it to get the party's nomination and campaign funds. It seems to be that way today.
    I've notice that the Yellow Dog Democrats have been ridiculed as disloyal by other Democrats and that Republicans who don't follow the Tea Party line get the same treatment.

Perspycaciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It was interesting to contemplate whether or not the USA needs "more than two major political parties?"....a question asked by another Hubber.  Can you imagine the turmoil that could be created, if there became a third party... "The Minority Party"?

5. JON EWALL profile image75
    JON EWALLposted 3 years ago

no I will consider a vote for the best qualified candidate

working