jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you use public transportation?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Do you use public transportation?

2. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

No, it's easier to just use my own car and public transportation isn't too great here in Utah.

3. profile image0
    MasterDripperposted 3 years ago

I like to arrive and depart places on my own schedule and time frame...It is for this reason I do not use public transportation...

4. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Yes, I do and to be fair the Brighton and Hove buses here in England are very good when it comes to time keeping. I use it everyday to go to work and go everywhere because we don't run a car at present. Sometimes when accident happens the bus will be late but not very often.

5. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

I have to, as I don't have any 'wheels' at the moment. It's not so bad within the London area, as I have a 'Freedom Pass' that lets me use the Underground, the Overground railway system, the Docklands Light Railway or buses within the zone area (1-6) that would otherwise cost a small fortune (over 60's in London all get one, other cities or urban areas in the UK have schemes of their own).
    Getting 'up North', say to York (where I go as often as funds allow) or Teesside (my own neck of the woods) costs a lot more than a tankful of fuel, about 1.5 times for a one-way trip, and I have to pay extra to get around within the area.
    One big bugbear is having to listen to some people yatter away on their mobile phones (cellphones in the US/Canada). I had one yesterday who went on for a full ten minutes at the top of his voice. Another week at the bus stop another character went on for the half hour I had to wait.
    Then there's the smelly foodstuffs some bring on buses/trains, and leave the wrappers lying around after they get off, or newspapers strewn all over the floor and seats.
    Sometimes it would be preferable to live in Alaska or Siberia.

1. alancaster149 profile image84
      alancaster149posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Since writing this answer I've been given the use of my daughter's VW Polo. Very handy for shopping, getting around and long journeys (until I get my 'Landie'), although driving into Central London is a 'no-no' during the week. The Tube is the answer

6. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I don't anymore because I live in a semi-rural area without much in the way of public transportation services.
    Years ago when I attended college in New York City, however, I used the buses/subways constantly...since I didn't have a car of my own at the time (and I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to attempt driving in NYC anyway, even if I had one... haha)

7. Archibald Echano profile image59
    Archibald Echanoposted 6 months ago

Yes. Since it is easier for me to commute rather than drive. Metro Railway Transit is cheaper, and faster when you are going north bound on a morning rush hour and south bound on a evening rush hour.

Learning the pattern on the traffic congestion in Metro Manila will make you plan for adjustment in your schedule.