jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are we ready to lose a pilot over Iraq, Syria or Ukraine?

1. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

Are we ready to lose a pilot over Iraq, Syria or Ukraine?

I am too old to lose that physical part of my life. But I know these men and I think they are ready to fight to defend our way of life. Our way of life is debatable as our environment knows but our dignity and obligation to fight for it is not wavered by times of tumult. Our American fury must risk our pilots to do right and stop what is truly wrong.
    We must fully support our forces in the air and wish and pray for their God's speed home.

2. The Frog Prince profile image78
    The Frog Princeposted 3 years ago

Being a 23 year veteran myself we did what we had to do when we had to do it and that needs to remain the case even today with a weakling at the helm of the ship of state.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

I agree, dear Eric!  My dad suffered long and much during his life for our freedoms and, unfortunately, many lives are lost, but for the future of our children and grandchildren, lives will be lost, that is the reality of this life.  God speed for our troops in the air and praying so hard for their safe return.  God bless you.

4. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

I must admit my hesitation.  Risking lives is serious business and should require that we have a plan to win, not just a knee jerk reaction and frustrated decision to "do something" just for the sake of doing something.  In this particular case, our pilots and their very expensive equipment are at the disposal of our Commander In Chief and I first want leadership from him in keeping with my concerns.

5. ronaldoh profile image75
    ronaldohposted 3 years ago

It is no surprise that the people who started this war will not be doing any of the fighting, they have already made their escape.
    In the words of your own General George Patton- No one ever won a war by dying for his country.He won it by making the other poor person die for his.

There will only be losers in this war, and no more than the poor unprotected ordinary people of this once secular country. What our so called politicians need to do is encourage a secular process and secure an education of thought  and understanding of the whole of the Middle East.

I have written a hub; Can Iraq Be Saved

6. cjhunsinger profile image76
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

When I was in boot camp, some years ago, I was threatened with an Art 15, if I did not attend a church or Synagogue; I was an Atheist. I was 17 at the time and a buck private, but I was not to be intimidated, even by a full bird Colonel.
    I spent five years in the military, as an MP, attaining the rank of E-5. My last year was spent in Vietnam fighting in the jungles against the VC and in the
    bars against drunk solders. I never stopped being an Atheist and earned a couple of medals.
    There is no question that these god fearing Islamists must be destroyed, but do it for the right reasons, not for or because of a perceived god, who is to protect our military, because, in all honesty, he is not very good at that.
    Might makes right, not prayers, churches or St. Christophers medal around a dead solders neck.
    I have been in a couple of bar fights and you will loose if you are not committed to win. This is a bar fight  and there is a stench in the room and blood on the floor and you better be willing to hurt somebody really bad.