jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should all police officers be required to wear body cameras?

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Should all police officers be required to wear body cameras?

Earlier this year The Wall Street Journal reported in Rialto, CA where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras' introduction, the (use of force by officers declined 60%), and (citizen complaints against police fell 88%) Do you think this program should be rolled out nationally? If not, why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12014886_f260.jpg

2. My Esoteric profile image92
    My Esotericposted 3 years ago

No question in my mind that the police should wear such devices.  Look at all the trauma it would have saved in the Mike Brown case.

1. My Esoteric profile image92
      My Esotericposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would add one more thing:  This isn't a new thought, but no toy gun should be allowed to look like the real thing ... ever.  The solution is simple and doesn't cost anything ... manufacture them in an iridescent color like yellow or green.

3. writingmom profile image61
    writingmomposted 3 years ago

I would say yes because whenever there is a camera around people act differently. But I would also say that the training officers receive might be revised if they are trained to killed unarmed individuals or use excessive force.

working