jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that the Republican Party will become increasingly conservative, ev

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you think that the Republican Party will become increasingly conservative, even right-wing within

the next 10 years? Why?  Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12054815_f260.jpg

2. Mitch Alan profile image82
    Mitch Alanposted 3 years ago

I think that if they do not take a stance that is genuinely conservative in relation to the Constitution, limited federal government and economic issues, and not merely lip service, then they will become less relevant to those of us who desire those items. The nominal difference between the core of either major party is a bane to the country and gives us just more of the same. Neither party, on the whole, questions whether it should be done at all and simply who can misspend the confiscated taxes "better". A real difference needs to emerge in the Republican Party to have it remain relevant and as a viable alternative to the Democrat Party.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There IS a viable alternative to the Democrat Party...AND the mainstream Republicans...it's called Libertarianism. I think it will eventually come down to two groups of people---big government supporters and limited government supporters.

3. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

Parties always say one thing and then do another. The Republican Party is increasingly pandering to lunatics to get elected. But that's ok since this is a nation that has almost completely lost its mind in some quarters. The Party has had 4 "face-lifts" over than past 40 years that changed its methods of election, but its basic public narrative has not changed at all in those 4 decades. So I don't think its actions will be much different from what they have always been. I know half the country understands the reality of US politics, because over half the population chooses not to vote.

working