jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Aside from material things, what did you GIVE to others this Christmas?

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Aside from material things, what did you GIVE to others this Christmas?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12081415_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Awesome Harryposted 3 years ago

Tons of hugs, storages of kisses, packages of smiles and bottomless boxes of love.

Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Okay Awesome Harry, are you Santa?

2. profile image0
      Awesome Harryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am Santa's producer wink

3. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12082381_f260.jpg

Express10,  We decided to "recycle" or "re-gift" presents this year. We live in an RV, so I went to our storage locker and found a doll I had made for my daughter more than 30 years ago. The arms and legs I had once sewn on somehow had come off and were saved in the box. I had never really been pleased with the doll's hair and for some reason, I had inadvertently embroidered blue eyes on the doll.  Since my daughter has brown eyes, I was always displeased with the doll.  I never really had doll clothes for the doll and initially had an old baby dress from my daughter that never really fit the doll well.
    Knowing full-well the work that would be involved, I was determined to go ahead and try to make this doll cute after all these years and give it to my daughter at Christmas. I went to Michael's and found a cute little modern outfit and darling rubber boots.  I discovered some brown twisted yarn that I thought I could make look like the curls my daughter had as a little girl.
    I went home and sewed the arms and legs back on and embroidered the eyes brown (over the blue).  I inter-wove the yarn into the straight strings of brown hair that I had sewn on years ago and separated the new strands of yarn to look curly.  I put the cute little (albeit, too-tight) outfit with a scandalously short little jean skirt on that plump little pumpkin of a doll, and the result is what you see in the picture. 
    I really do think I had more fun re-creating this little doll than my daughter had in receiving it, but I think that as years go by, she'll cherish it.  I do hope so.  It was made with lots of love and sweet memories, so even though it is a physical gift, I consider it "non-material".

That doll looks awesome! I can't sew to save my life and can appreciate the effort you made to bring holiday cheer to your daughter. I'm certain she will cherish it.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Prayers, i pray for peace, love, harminy, good health, i can't give hugs to my parents

These are excellent gifts to give.

working