jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why are we angry and discontent in America. Perhaps heading towards a revolution

1. profile image51
    Michael1900posted 3 years ago

Why are we angry and discontent in America. Perhaps heading towards a revolution in our own country?

We are a country of sheep. We believe what we are told. We blindly follow are leaders, and believe they know what they are doing. We often don't think for ourselves. We are lied too. We are divided. Many are living the American dream. They have more than enough. Life is good. This is broadcast on our television sets for us to believe. While the majority of us become more and more oppressed by the wealthy, corporations, government, and people with power. Jobs disappear, wages drop, cost of living skyrockets. This serves the wealthy and those in power, but what is it doing the rest of us.

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

While people are angry and discontent in certain places, I do not believe that is the case for everyone.  Nor are we heading towards revolution.  The downfall of America will not be revolution.  I believe America is going to cease to be a world power, but I am not sure how that will play out.

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

It's individual. There is no us. Some people are happy. Everything is based on individual ambition and effort. A rich person does what it takes to get rich, usually start a business, invest or qualify for a high paying career. The poor person chooses low paying jobs, does not invest or go into business, does not train or qualify himself for high paying careers. The media tries to group everybody as though they have the same problems. Each individual is responsible for his career and income. So some people know how to make a lot of money and some people don't, or they refuse to put forth the effort necessary to get rich.

1. profile image51
      Michael1900posted 3 years agoin reply to this

If there is no us, we are doomed. Because societies where people work against each other do not last. Not all rich people do what it takes. Many are born into wealth, or advantages. Not all poor people choose low paying jobs. There are inequalities.

4. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

I believe much of the dissent and great divide in this country is attributed to the talking heads on TV, radio and in the press. Their mission is to stoke the fires of dissent, fear and even hatred of those with opposing views. In reality, these talking heads are using a riled up and angered audience as they continue to rake in millions upon millions of dollars.

Members of congress clearly no longer represent the people. Instead, the middle class and poor have been swept under the rug in favor of corporations, billionaires and big business. This group of men and women in Washington cater to the wants and needs of lobbyists who contributed to their campaigns and election into office. We are merely pawns in the life game of chess with just a couple of kings and queens.

However, we too need to take some ownership regarding the current state of affairs. For instance, we had an abysmal turnout in the midterm elections and that we can't blame on anyone else except ourselves.

1. profile image51
      Michael1900posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I like what you had to say