jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is THE FIRST thing that comes to mind at the mention of the words..........

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is THE FIRST thing that comes to mind at the mention of the words................

POOR/POVERTY?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9011273_f260.jpg

2. MarieLB profile image82
    MarieLBposted 3 years ago

You did ask what is the FIRST thing that comes to mind, so here goes - -  I think of an emaciated woman, perhaps ill, with a child or two that are struggling to understand what is going on in their life. 

As soon as I thought that, it was clear to me that it had very little to do with POOR/POVERTY, but there you go, that came straight from the subconscious ...........!!

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marie for your answer, it is greatly appreciated in kind.

3. teamrn profile image70
    teamrnposted 3 years ago

In the time that it takes me to write this, I realized that some will labore over their answers for  hours.

4. cjhunsinger profile image74
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

Intelligence, ambition and drive or the lack there of. That is my first thought. My second thought is that we are controlled, primarily, by two driving forces our DNA and our mindset, which is for the most part set in our informative years. This is to mean our upbringing and that environment.
    Your picture brings back many memories and should the background be a housing project in Detroit  MI. 65 years ago, I believe that I would find myself in it.
    You do ask some interesting questions gm.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why, thank you kindly.

working