jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do so many male religious leaders view female religious/spiritual autonomy a

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Why do so many male religious leaders view female religious/spiritual autonomy as a threat?

Is this fear the underlying reason for such leaders to institute dogma which are oppressive to women's right to exercise/use their full human potential & their right to full autonomous freedom over their bodies?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11991750_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

As usual, "they can't handle the truth"! Did you see the blurb about why Sharia law prevents women from driving? It's so they won't get raped!  Crazy stuff.
    I don't know where 'men' get these ideas. Republicans think abortion is forbidden - even for rape victims, and some have actually come out publicly and stated that RAPE can be a GOOD thing if it produces a baby!
    It makes me ill.
    If women should actually become equal partners in life, do you think men will just be unable to control their rape instincts? Or will women finally have the power to prevent men from raping them?
    I know it's rare for a woman to rape a man, but it does happen.
    Perhaps men are afraid that they will be raped more often if they allow female religious leaders? It makes as much sense as any other theory of male/female equality.

3. daydreamer13 profile image61
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

HAHA...men have always been threatened by women! It's nothing so deep, men just don't understand women and are afraid of what they don't understand. SImple.

4. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Men want to be on top of the pile, period. He wants all the advantages in his favor, over everybody, not just women. He will do whatever it takes to trip up others and maintain the lead. Laws are the only thing that can stop him or slow him down. War is his favorite weapon. He will have an edge only as long as he can win at war. Outside of that, everybody has to work within the system or drop out of it mentally.

working