jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What Does Liberal Utopia Look Like?

1. Boots Iacono profile image78
    Boots Iaconoposted 3 years ago

What Does Liberal Utopia Look Like?

This question is for those who consider themselves Liberal Democrats... With all the special interests within the Left Side of the Aisle, have you guys even thought about what the goals of your Ideals is?  Have you been told or promised at least one vision of what Liberal Utopia would look like?  I'm asking so I can understand as a Conservative... so many people are Liberals these days, I'm challenging you to change my mind on my morals.

2. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Ideally, it would be a place where no one starves to death or is homeless or dies from having deer antlers sticking out of his chest but can't do anything about it because the hospital considers it a pre-existing condition and charges him six digits to fix it. There would be no war, no wealth gap, no hatred/racism/sexism, no reason to have to lock your doors at night.

But we're dealing with people, and you people are disgusting and horrifying, so the best we can hope for is a smaller wage gap, a smaller death-by-starvation rate, a smaller homeless population (No, Conservatives, not like that! Put that shotgun down!), universal healthcare to ensure everyone can get hospital treatment, less war, less hatred/racism/sexism, and fewer reasons to have to lock your doors at night.

Boots Iaconoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, I thought Liberals didn't like things like stereotypes, and yet you use one to describe all us conservatives... Has it occurred to you that conservatives are not all alike?
      And do you really think that billionaire Liberals want the same?

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure anyone will be able to change your mind, but I honestly don't think a liberal utopia would be that much different than a conservative utopia. Both sides want people to be happy and for the U.S. to remain prosperous and strong. Yes, the liberal one would probably have wider social safety nets, tighter restrictions on the market, and more liberal (for lack of a better word) views about gender and racial equality. But that doesn't mean a conservative utopia wouldn't have any of those things.

Ultimately, we agree on a similar endgame, we just disagree how to achieve it. And, of course, media and politicians play up the divide to stir up the base for various votes and causes. Which doesn't really help the sense of unity that would reveal our similarities and common ground.

Boots Iaconoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think either Utopia could be reached without the US being split into two sovereign countries... and even then, not one of us will agree with everything anyone else feels or thinks 100%, because we are all individuals.  My opinion, no more.

working