jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts on Police Brutality?

1. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

What are your thoughts on Police Brutality?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 3 years ago

I had an uncle who was a policeman. As a news reporter, I knew many policemen. I would say that the percentage of police brutality is in line with the number of bullies that are in the schools these days. Policemen make mistakes in some of the tickets they write. Some are overly aggressive in intense situations. But I think the majority know how to keep their emotions in check. They often present an overly aggressive attitude, but do not use aggressive force.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

I think anyone who is going into the Police force should get a full mental check up.  Some do have an ego problem and that is what they get into trouble with. 
    I called on the police when we had problems in our neighborhood.  I was neighborhood watch chairman at the time.  There was a problem with a person on an ATV, which are not allowed in our neighborhood.  Three of us were out when the policemen came to do a report.  One of those policemen was very arrogant and talked to me like I was some kind of kid and that I was the one who was wrong.  I began to wonder whose side was he on.  I did report his conduct to the sheriffs department.  He had an ego problem and he should have been filtered out.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 3 years ago

I firmly believe that 99.99% of the law-enforcement officers in the U.S. are good people who carry out all of their assigned duties quite well. Hardly any of them are brutes, abusers, bullies, murderers, etc.

And it is very interesting that the above is coming from me, because I grew up in the mean streets of "South-Central Los Angeles" during the 1950s and 1960s and got brutalized by the "law" so many times I lost count.

working