Besides Demonstrating Stupidity, What is the Point of Declaring War On Islam?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (116 posts)
  1. wrenchBiscuit profile image70
    wrenchBiscuitposted 9 years ago

Besides Demonstrating Stupidity, What is the Point of  Declaring War On Islam?

Many Americans don't care about the historical record. However the record does show that throughout the years Christian countries have committed as many atrocities, if not more, as the Muslim countries. As recent as the late 60's the United States essentially stole the island nation of Diego Garcia, forcing all residents to leave their homes, and reducing them to homelessness. All for the sake of a strategic military base in the Indian Ocean. In light of recent events in Arizona, I support all Muslims, and I respect their right to religious freedom. I do not support evil from any direction.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12444261_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 9 years ago

The point of declaring war on Islam is to keep the terrorists like ISIS from coming to this country and beheading you for not converting to Islam.  They want a one world Caliphate.  They are slowly taking over, and the weapons we give to Iraq to fight them, the Iraqis are basically handing over to them.

1. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

So...declare war on the entirety of Islam, and everyone who follows it regardless of how they practice, solely because of extremist groups?
      So you wanna declare war on Christianity, gay rights, abortion right, animal right groups etc. as well right?

2. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, Link.  That's not what I meant, though all Islam should be watched, as some terrorists are in the U.S. and may be hiding weapons in their Mosques!  Not ALL of them!  No judge will issue search warrant to a place of worship.

3. Link10103 profile image60

...So you wanna declare war on Christian, gay rights, abortion right, animal right groups etc. as well right?

You do realize there are terrorist groups in the US for the above mentioned right?

4. profile image0

I thought we were talking about Islam, not any terrorist group....what do you consider an abortion terrorist group to be?  A gay rights terrorist group?  What?

5. Link10103 profile image60

Your logic can be applied to the other groups which is why its relevant.
      Might have jumped the gun with anti gay terrorist groups since I cant think of anything but people who fire bomb abortion clinics = terrorists. And yes I meant anti right groups

6. profile image0

Link, I joined this discussion to talk about the war on Islam.

7. Link10103 profile image60

Doesn't particularly change the bulk of what I said but okay.

Are you saying to declare war on all of Islam because of ISIS, or declare war on Islam because its Islam?

8. profile image0

Because of ISIS!

9. Link10103 profile image60

Mmkay, so you want to declare war on ISIS only, not Islam as a whole, otherwise you run into the problem you didn't want to address earlier.

10. profile image0

What problem is that?  Is the question posed in this thread not about Islam, but about all acts of terrorism?  I must have misread.

11. Link10103 profile image60

Seeing as how you view Islam to be the work of Satan or something, it creates a rather large problem for you consisting of hypocrisy and double standards.
      I was trying to get you to show that you aren't biased...my mistake.

12. amine-sehibi profile image69
      amine-sehibiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

stargrrl you shouldn't declare war on islam because of ISIS, but declare war on ISIS because of ISIS, I mean even islamic countries figh such organizations, do you think they are fighting islam? by the way ISIS is braking tonnes of islamic rules.

13. profile image0

Amine - Why do you think the Iraqis have no will to fight, as the news would report?  Why does it seem like they are giving up so soon?

14. amine-sehibi profile image69

are you talking about the civilians, its not because they don't have the will to fight organized and armed terrorists (isis and daesh who kill everyone including Muslims), they simply have no power, what do you think can a bunch of them dowithoutarms

15. profile image0

But they do have power--The US was giving them weapons to use!

16. amine-sehibi profile image69

they give the state's military some weapons and they aren't even close to be well trained in the military art and as organised as Isis and daesh are, the civilians don't have that much firepower just few minorities have arms (illegally of course).

17. profile image0

So the Iraqi army is that incompetent?  What were they doing for the past few years?

18. amine-sehibi profile image69

Don't ask me, ask the US army who was supposed to train them or who ever was 'trying' to train them, but few weeks ago I saw on the 'TV' that a Iraqi army was defeated by a mush smaller but better trained daesh group so believe it or not.

19. feenix profile image58
      feenixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No one has declared war on Islam. The major print and electronic media is spreading that story for the purpose of selling sensationalized stories to all the fools and suckers out there.

20. amine-sehibi profile image69

feenix, bro you said "Muslims are presently slaughtering and enslaving millions of my black counterparts " and now "The major print and electronic media is spreading that story for the purpose of selling sensationalized stories" so you believed them?

21. feenix profile image58

I have not contradicted myself, as you are implying. Common sense alone tells any thinking person that nowhere near the majority of Muslims are out there committing heinous crimes. Only a minority are doing so, and the media are sensationalizing that

22. amine-sehibi profile image69

Yes, but their acts aren't representative of Islam or the Muslims. which makes me ask you why then did you generalize your accusation and said Muslims are slaughtering people while Most victims are Muslims themselves, because I see that as wrong.

23. feenix profile image58

amine, that's the breaks. For example, every time some way-out Christian fundamentalist blows up a women's clinic or kills an Ob-Gyn doctor who performs abortions, all of the Christians in the US have to take the hit for that, and we take it.

24. lovemychris profile image80
      lovemychrisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

USA has been targeting Muslims since 9/11.FBI watches them,woman in airplane not given can of soda cause she might be terrorist! Peter King holds hearings on Muslims only.Man wants to kill whole Muslims town. Gellar demonize them, as all tv and radio

25. feenix profile image58

There comes a time when one needs to grow up. And being a grown up translates to one's being aware that life is not fair and it is imperfect. And when an act of war is committed against people, they react to it, and quite often, they over react.

26. Link10103 profile image60

All the Christians take a hit? You were just talking about sweeping generalizations to...if anything, the non crazy Christians are one of the first to denounce the crazy ones to avoid such backlash, yet no one cares when Muslims try to do the same.

27. lovemychris profile image80

You see it that way.I see it as an organized, deliberate demonizing of  a people so they can do what they want with their land and resources. No one care when thugs are killed, isn't that right?Don't mention the babies. They'll just grow to be thugs.

28. feenix profile image58

Link, I have not seen any group of Muslims doing anything worthy to denounce ISIS and other Muslim terrorists. And I was not generalizing about what often happens to Christians. It happens all the time, including right here on HubPages.

29. Link10103 profile image60

You havent? Well thats weird, all I did was google "muslims against ISIS" and a number of things popped up. Theres even a FB page with that exact name. Whether or not you see it doesnt mean it isnt happening feenix, you realize that right?

30. amine-sehibi profile image69

feenix man your logic behind Christians and muslims taking the hit because a certain group say they are muslims or Christs (or jews) does not get into my head, in fact I see it as unfair why should I blame one for what the other did thats wrong man

31. feenix profile image58

amine, you are exactly right; it is wrong, it is inaccurate, it is unfair, it is untrue and I could go on. The point I am driving up to is, this realm we live in is quite imperfect and is mostly only a valley or tears.

32. amine-sehibi profile image69

but if you feel this toward christs why would you do the same to muslims, I mean you know it's wrong and it want solve that generalization problem just by doing the same to other groups (muslims) who generally don't do same thing to christs or jews

33. feenix profile image58

amine, please terminate the "woe is me" routine. I am not singling out Muslims for anything, especially the entire group of them. And yes, I generalize -- and when I do, it mostly involves my people, blacks. You're perfect? You never generalize?

34. amine-sehibi profile image69

I'm not perfect man, nobody is. but why would I generalize things while I know that's unfair, and if I do generalize and later realize it or someone tells me that, I simply adjust my position. you know what man just forget about it okay.

35. feenix profile image58

amine, are you familiar with the terms sanctimonious and self-righteous?

36. amine-sehibi profile image69

feenix_ I already told you just forget about it, alright. because I already can see were this discussion is going.

37. feenix profile image58

amine, you got it -- and I apologize for misunderstanding what you told me in the first place.

3. feenix profile image58
    feenixposted 9 years ago

All I know is, Muslims are presently slaughtering and enslaving millions of my black counterparts in such places as Sudan, Mali, Somalia and Nigeria.

Personally, that is enough for me to declare war on their vicious, and often racist, butts.

And I am disgusted by the large number of well-fed, safe-and-secure US citizens who are so deeply critical of their country, and who even hate it.

1. amine-sehibi profile image69

I don't agree, they are not Muslims they are organised terrorists who claim to be Muslims (I know Muslims and there's a huge difference between Muslims & those who pretend), and most of who are slaughtered in Africa and the middle east are Muslim

2. feenix profile image58

Just because one is a Muslim, he/she does not possess the privilege of saying who is really a Muslim and who is not -- just as Christians do not have that privilege. Thus, if an outlaw says that he is Muslim or Christian, then that is what he is.

3. amine-sehibi profile image69

How can I call those people Muslims (or Christs or Jews) while they are Killing tonnes of people for no reason? this is unacceptable and insulates that believe, there acts aren't representative of that belief (Islam Christianity or Judaism....)

4. lovemychris profile image80

ISIS is not Muslim--it's Judeo-Christian.The leader Baghdadi was a trained in the arts by Mossad. That's according to Snowden. ISIS is a ruse to get us to hate Muslims, so the neo-cons can wipe them off the face of the Earth with all of your blessing

5. profile image0

Sandie, I hate to tell you this, but that is absolutely not true.  I have done much research on the subject.  ISIS is 100% Muslim.  Please, whatever sources you are getting this from, turn away from them and turn on the news.

6. Link10103 profile image60

If I remember right, Snowden was the one who leaked CIA secrets was he not?

That's probably about as good as sources get...

7. amine-sehibi profile image69

star_ most of what is called today 'free media' etc , lies and manipulate facts and events to manipulate the masses and there opinion, and if your research is based on TV news then you might wanna look for a new source, one that says the truth.

8. profile image0

ISIS stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria!!!  ISLAMIC State!  Wouldn't they be called something else if they were Judeo-Christian?  Lies!

Link - That guy was in the news in 2013--2 years ago!
      Anime - So ALL news channels are lying?

9. R K Beran profile image60
      R K Beranposted 9 years agoin reply to this

ISIS is Judeo-Christian? Really, Sandie Hooke? Please, enlighten us, then, as to why these ISIS fellows don't shed a tear in slaughtering Christian men, women, and children indiscriminately? Or why they wish to destroy Israel?

10. amine-sehibi profile image69

believe it or not but most of them are lying and or trying to manipulate the opinion of the masses, star. don't tell me you believe everything you see on TV without questioning its validity !!!

11. profile image0

What do you make of all those videos of people being beheaded?  Or are those staged?

12. amine-sehibi profile image69

it's not the images or videos you should question but the title and how it's presented, I mean when you see a bunch of people who are covering their faces and say 'allaho akbar' are they muslims or are they just pretending,I mean everyone can do that

13. lovemychris profile image80

When has ISIS attacked Israel? And seems to me they slaughter indiscriminately. Except for Israel, now that you mention  it.....meanwhile, Israel drops nuclear bomb in Yemen...who's the terrorist?

14. feenix profile image58

To those of you who are claiming ISIS is Judeo-Christian, working undercover for the purpose of deceiving other people, provide me with some solid and reputable proof of that. All of you are quite impressionable and living in a state of denial.

15. lovemychris profile image80

You won't believe it, no matter where it comes from. Edward Snowden, Jim Stone and Veterans Today are my sources. What are yours? I recall everyone praising Snowden when it hurt Obama,now he's "lying", right? No one is so stupid to scream alla akbar!

16. feenix profile image58

You recall everyone praising Snowden when it hurt Obama? What a sweeping generality and falsehood that is. I, for one, despise Obama, so I did not give a damn when Snowden "came out." And that is because what he revealed was nothing new to me.

17. lovemychris profile image80

Well, I remember. They were screaming "Impeachment". Of course, when is started under Bush, it was "keeping us safe." Hypocrits. So, what are your sources for saying ISIS is Islamic State? You demanded answer--I gave. Now I am demanding.

18. feenix profile image58

Sandie Hooke, I am a streetwise, cosmopolitan man of the world; thus, your lightweight little game will never work with me. You're the one who started the whole thing by claiming ISIS is not Muslim, so the ball is in your court. Prove your case.

19. lovemychris profile image80

No, actually, the whole thing started with the presumption that ISIS is Islamic. I don't buy it. I gave you my sources...google them. What is your proof that ISIS is Islamic in origin???

20. feenix profile image58

Sandie Hooke, perhaps you would be happier if you lived in a place like Yemen, northern Iraq, northern Syria, or among Boko Haram in Nigeria.

21. lovemychris profile image80

Ok, if you don't want to provide them, I'll guess: Fox news, Rush Limbaugh and World Net Daily. Surely it can't be the "Liberal" news, like ABC,CBS,MSNBC, New York Times?

22. amine-sehibi profile image69

h....really??

23. feenix profile image58

Sandie Hooke, you're damn straight some of my main sources for news is the Fox News Channel and Rush Limbaugh. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to look to Al Sharpton for delivering me the news of the day.

24. lovemychris profile image80

Hate to tell you, but Sharpton calls it the Islamic state too.In fact: you agree with the "Liberal" media!!! Omg--so does Rush and Hannity. Guess you can't really slam them anymore, can you? So, what is THEIR proof?

25. feenix profile image58

I'm outta here! This is all so childish.

26. lovemychris profile image80

I agree. You demand my "proof", I give it to you. When asked to do the same--you run. Bye!

27. feenix profile image58

Sandie Hooke, first I am not obligated to provide you with any "proof." If you are not intelligent and well-informed enough to know that Muslims are just as capable as anyone else of being cruel and inhumane, that is your problem, not mine. Get real.

28. lovemychris profile image80

Oh, of course not. But you are entitled to demand mine. AS ALWAYS...with the Right Wing. Can you tell me any benefits Muslims have had from the creation of ISIS? Or is that too unintelligent to wonder? I mean, I can see great benefit for Islamophobes

29. feenix profile image58

Sandie Hooke, cut it out. The only thing you're doing now is changing the rules as you go and constantly moving the goal posts.

30. Link10103 profile image60

That might make sense...except what Sandie is saying now falls in line with what was said earlier...that ISIS is a ruse to hate Muslims. You neglected to show how that was false feenix and tried to change topics.
      Moving the goalposts...oh the irony

31. lovemychris profile image80

My only goal is the truth. I don't believe what I'm being sold. And frankly, no one can tell me why they do either!! Why do you believe ISIS is Islam?

32. amine-sehibi profile image69

I agree with sandie's last comment, that possibility isn't that illogical.

33. feenix profile image58

Hooke, Link, amine, I have been around long enough to be well aware that government and other huge entities are constantly running games on the people. It is just that if ISIS is a ruse, the mechanics of it all would be way above your amateur heads

34. lovemychris profile image80

Bulloney. The same people have been in our gvt for decades. They sit on committees, control the money, and can call all kinds of shots....with or without the prez approval.The same game all along, since Reagan. Oil and resource grab. Gladio tactics.

35. Link10103 profile image60

Rather than state your case as to why it could be wrong, you jump ship and take a passive aggressive stance to say that even if it is true, the reasons behind it are beyond everyone but yourself.
      Those circles must make you dizzy...

36. lovemychris profile image80

"MSM wants us to believe ISIS sprung up out of a hole in the ground and became powerful enough to take over large cities without any assistance from the big powers. The ineptitude of that narrative is an insult to everyone’s intelligence."-B Martinez

37. feenix profile image58

What is an insult to everyone's intelligence is some rank amateur espousing and implying that he/she has full awareness of Crypto-Top Secret goings on. You have no idea what's happening behind the scenes and you don't want to know. It ain't pretty.

38. R K Beran profile image60

"Presumption that ISIS is Islamic". Can you read, Sandie? Were you not aware that I.S.I.S. stands for "ISLAMIC State of Iraq and Syria"? Are you serious in thinking that a terrorist group of radical Muslims would mistakenly label themselves Islamic?

39. amine-sehibi profile image69

R K_ No what sandie meant was that they put the people in the illusion that they are muslims, and so supporting the fight against 'Islamic-terrorism' and this justifies the middle east policy of course. I mean everyone knows what I.S.I.S stands for.

40. lovemychris profile image80

TY.I'm saying a Judeo-Christian group is behind ISIS, and they label it Islam.It's called Gladio, google it. An agenda is being carried out, and it has a blueprint.Anyone who cares to look beyond the ridiculous stories they peddle can see it clearly.

41. feenix profile image58

Gladio?! So, you believe that Machiavellian conspiracy-theory BS that WikiSpooks has been spewing on the internet. In fact, by claiming that ISIS was formed by Gladio shows that you are quite impressionable & malleable.

42. lovemychris profile image80

No, I said Gladio tactics. And it's true. Oh, and btw..it's not only me. Better get your clique together. You got some splainin to do. Which I have YET to see! http://www.thejohnfleming.com/gladio.html

43. feenix profile image58

Hooke, you wrote "....I'm saying a Judeo-Christian group is behind ISIS, and they label it Islam.It's called Gladio."  Nowhere did you write anything about "Gladio tactics." You claimed that ISIS was formed by Gladio. So, get yo' lie straight.

44. R K Beran profile image60

I'm out. Denying the Islamic foundation of ISIS is a special kind of crazy usually reserved for holocaust deniers, those who think 9/11 was an inside job, and people who think the Sandy Hooke massacre was staged. Have fun with your conspiracies.

45. lovemychris profile image80

Me, 21 hrs ago...read up. "The same game all along, since Reagan. Oil and resource grab. Gladio tactics."Going to apologize now? Not my fault tu no comprende. 9/11 truth is coming out. Warn your clique. Some of them may need to run to Paraguay w Bush

46. feenix profile image58

Hooke, yo comprendo muy bien y tu esta muy confuso. Yes, you are very confused because you believe all the mierda on the internet. You're like that woman on TV who says, "I know it's true because people aren't allowed to tell lies on the internet."

47. lovemychris profile image80

I know. I forgot: Sean Hannity is the font of knowledge and wisdom...so, 2 days later: Why do you believe ISIS is Islam?

48. feenix profile image58

Hooke, I really do suggest that you drop out of this conversation before you ridicule yourself more than you already have. You're coming off like one of the wild-eyed unkempt dudes I often see preaching about "theories" down in the NYC subways.

49. lovemychris profile image80

You just can't answer that one simple question, can you? I'll bet nobody will. WHO told you that ISIS is Islamic State? Muslims?.....i don't think so.

50. feenix profile image58

Hooke, pobrecita. You are trying to run that old-school, left-wing routine of accusing others of not answering your questions when that was not the issue in the first place -- and you are incapable of getting something as simple as that done.

51. lovemychris profile image80

Bulloney.I stated my opinion, you asked for "proof", I told you my sources for belief. You refuse to answer a simple query about ISIS: which IS the issue, since you are claiming ISIS is Islam. Did Rush tell you, or CBS evening news?You been to Syria?

52. feenix profile image58

Hooke, your writings to this question are nothing but mierda that only someone with a childlike mind would believe or accept as the truth. In fact, by continuing this exchange, I am stooping beneath my dignity.

53. lovemychris profile image80

Dignity is the last word I would associate with this conversation.More like obfuscation, propaganda and slurs. Doesn't matter.This is the Apocalypse.The veils are lifting to reveal the truth.Be on the right side or    the wrong. My conscience clear.

54. feenix profile image58

Hooke, last evening, something significant occurred to me. Since you insist on running a game on me concerning my "sources" as to emergence of ISIS and its genesis -- my primary "source" is the Fox News Channel & if you don't like that, tough!

55. lovemychris profile image80

On the contrary, that tells me all I need to know.

56. feenix profile image58

Hooke, I am really glad you're finally satisfied. But I can't resist saying one more thing: I take TV news and what is written on the internet with a grain of salt. I am not the naïve type who believes info that is spoon-fed to me. I'm not like you

57. lovemychris profile image80

Really?You believe 19 amateurs outwitted the US military,CIA, NORAD, FBI, and our fighter jets somehow failed to do what they do on ever other occasion without fail.You also believe ISIS is a Muslim terrorist org cause Hannity tells you so.BIG spoon!

58. feenix profile image58

Hooke, some time ago, a very wise person told me that one should not imbibe while he/she is participating in a forum-type venue on the internet.

59. lovemychris profile image80

Lovely.I haven't imbibed since 1999.What's your excuse? BTW--do you know how Bin-Laden n them got NORAD to stand down?I KNOW Fox was all over the Jersey Girls--maybe they told the girls how it happened?"Just stop asking questions. U r getting sleepy"

60. feenix profile image58

Let us reach a truce. I will remain north of the Orange River and you will remain south of it. In other words, I will continue to hold my opinions and you will continue to hold yours -- and neither of us shall dispute the views of the other. Okay?

61. lovemychris profile image80

I will always dispute your views. If you don't want to talk to me: fine by me.
      All I can say is.....https://youtu.be/eqyUAtzS_6M

62. feenix profile image58

Okay, then I will take this to the United Nations (I live only about two miles from its world headquarters in New York City). I will file a complaint with the body that outlines your refusal to lay down your arms, as I have done. : )

63. lovemychris profile image80

Whhhat? I agreed not to talk to you.....but I will still dispute your views. As you will dispute mine. Every time you say ISIS is Islam, you are disputing my views. Get it?

64. feenix profile image58

If I express my views about ISIS in a way that is NOT directed at you -- and you openly criticize me for my views -- I will have no other choice but to regard that as hate speech.

65. lovemychris profile image80

1st of all, check back the comments. It is not I criticizing you feenix. YOU are the one demeaning me personally. And I already agreed to your request. I will not speak to you. But I will speak my mind. Hate speech-that's a laugh coming from you!

66. feenix profile image58

Link, I am pretty sure that out there in the real world, you get on a lot of people's nerves. You are annoying; and you probably turn off all the young women you encounter. In other words, you just are not hip and cool.

67. Link10103 profile image60

Mmkay feenix.
      Putting aside that you just got done telling me I had no right to assume anything about you since I dont know you, not that I did to begin with, what does any of that have to do with what was being said?

68. feenix profile image58

Link, I deeply apologize for being discourteous and rude towards you. And quite frankly, the reason why I frequently lose my cool with you is, you do a very good job of jerking my chain. You've got my number.

69. Link10103 profile image60

If you actually took the time to read and properly respond to what is said to you, you wouldnt lose your cool at all feenix. Instead, you would end up having a discussion.
      If you havent noticed, thats kinda been the goal all along.

70. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Feenix, you keep managing to come around. I love it. Everybody has buttons. People will always push them. What you do is up to you. It's challenges that have made you so strong. You have a good heart and that matters. Your father would be proud

71. feenix profile image58

Josh, thank you so very much for what your wrote to me. It really does warm my heart.

72. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No prob... It's what I do. Gotta get up and go to work tomorrow. Bills don't pay themselves. I went on a journey last month and got behind. In fact, my wife had to go back to being a waitress. Darn good one too. Sleep tight feenix

73. lovemychris profile image80

This is why I wonder about you Josh..... My "something is off here"  radar is on activate.....having been here for a while, and dealt with the Cult/Clique in other venues....just sayin.

4. R K Beran profile image60
    R K Beranposted 9 years ago

First off, we're not at war with Islam. We're at war with some Muslims. There's a difference. If someone wants to praise Allah till the cows come home, I couldn't care less (neither do most non-Muslims). More power to them.

But when they start beheading innocent men, women, and children simply because those other people do not believe as they do, we have a massive problem. When they think they can invade others' homelands and force young girls into sex slavery, we have a massive problem. When they think they can throw gays from rooftops or hang women for fornicating, we have a problem. And when they think they can force the rest of the world to convert at swordpoint and join the regime or die, we have a massive problem.

Whatever tragedies have been committed in the past by whom is irrelevant. We cannot fix the past, as we live in the here and now. We have the capabilities of dealing with groups such as ISIS now. If you, as you say, are against evil from all directions, why are you trying (because it sure seems like you are), to draw moral equivalency to past actions we cannot do anything about in attempt to excuse present atrocities that we *can* do something about?

Why should past wrongs justify or excuse present wrongs?

1. wrenchBiscuit profile image70
      wrenchBiscuitposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have made the connection because to stand outside of a Mosque with guns and hateful signs makes as much sense as randomly harassing Catholics because of the Christian terrorists who invaded this continent.

2. feenix profile image58

wrenchBiscuit, "Christian terrorists invaded this continent?" Obviously, you have been thoroughly brainwashed by far-left-wing educators and by the revisionist history posted in hippy-style history books and emotional rants on way-out web sites.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)