Do Facebook awareness campaigns really make a difference?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Do Facebook awareness campaigns really make a difference?

Some of these campaigns involve videos (like the ice bucket challenge) and others involve sharing pictures or changing one's profile picture to reflect support for a cause. Is there a legitimate benefit to these campaigns or are they placebos to make the user feel better without taking more direct action?

2. Zhivko Stanev profile image86
    Zhivko Stanevposted 2 years ago

Most of the "campaigns" we see on FB everyday serve the only purpose of click-baiting and driving traffic to low-quality websites so their lazy webmasters can make a few bucks.

No, Facebook WILL NOT give $1 to charity if you like a photo of a poor kid.

However, in several occasions - the ice bucket challenge being one of them - social media have proven to be extremely effective in engaging people and motivating them to take part in all kinds of causes.

Not always the goal is to raise money. Sometimes it is to raise awareness. And that is also very important.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

Social media, Facebook, in particular, gets more credit than it deserves. I have pages on Facebook and LinkedIn, and I seldom look at them. I have people I do not know wanting to be friends or asking for my endorsement.

I do believe that a lot of the chatter on the Facebook, in particular, has proved to be a useful took in law enforcement. Unfortunately, the people who talk poorly of other people around the Social Media world, will probably find themselves on the receiving end some day and end up losing a sought-after job, a friend and respect.

working