What would you do if Sharia Law was established where you live?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

What would you do if Sharia Law was established where you live?

Say you can't leave.  Would you follow it?  Rebel?

2. choneycutt profile image69
    choneycuttposted 8 years ago

Well, I speak for everyone when I say that I would rebel.  Nonetheless, this is a spur of the moment type of decision from somebody in the United States, a nation that is strongly opposed to Sharia Law.  If Sharia Law were to be actually established in the USA, it would be a very gradual process that would certainly only be capable after strident changes in the framework of USA culture and even the Constitution itself. 

In reality, a lot of people would have to accept the implementation of Sharia Law in order for it to ever be actualized.  This is not possible in our lifetime (nor do I think it is ever possible).  But, if Sharia Law was in place, then the majority of people would surely not rebel.  Lawmakers would not dare to implement Sharia Law if the majority of citizens were so vehemently opposed to it that they revolted.  The primary goal of those in power is to protect that power.

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This country has a history of rebellions. I don't see how Sharia law could ever be implemented. At least I hope not.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Let's just say that there would be a severe increase in vandalism and civil disobedience in my neighborhood.

4. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

I live in Texas. Sharia Law couldn't happen here. We have too many Christians with guns, looking for a fight.

1. Veroniquebee profile image65
      Veroniquebeeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now that is an answer I can't help but give a BIG thumbs up. You folks from Texas ROCK, and let noone tell you otherwise.

5. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 8 years ago

The question presupposes that sharia law is already in place, so arguments as to the possibility are irrelevant.

I have lived in Malaysia, where sharia is slowly trying to replace constitutional law, it is already in place for Muslims, however currently non Muslims are exempt.

So the first step in introduction is to persuade (if needed) the country to accept that sharia law can be used to settle any matters between Muslims.

Europe is well on the way to that destination.

Next you simply await numeric supremacy in population, and vote it in.

Currently, non Muslim populations are breeding at levels that make it impossible for a nation or culture to exist beyond the next 50 years.

Personally, I figure I would end up dead if sharia law was in place over constitutional law, so would most of you.

There are only a few ways to avoid living in a Muslim state with sharia law holding precedence over non Muslims.

You can change your own constitution to state categorically that no other law than your current statutes can be used in your country, maybe taking the time to declare that America was founded on Christian biblical principals, BUT it was agreed and constituted, that religion and state remained separate and all people had freedom of religion...... you get the drift.

But that freedom also allows sharia law advocate judges to take over your top judicial positions, even the Supreme Court, and eventually, if you keep sleeping, change things to allow for sharia, as has been managed by the liberals over the last 50 years, as they have destroyed family values and Christian principals that founded your legal system.

The problem is that TWO religious cultures are clashing.

On one side there are fundy Islamists seeking to destroy anything non Islamic, who seem to have considerably gained control over both the religion of Islam and the 2 billion folk who adhere to its principals.

On the other side you have equally fundy Christians who are basically living outside of Christian principals, who equally seek to destroy other religious concepts, but who have very little control over the 3 billion Christians (or professing Christians) who are generally to apathetic to do anything except seek a good life and maybe help folk when they can.

Nobody wants to admit the clash, but it's happening, as was predicted, and there is only one result, which will lead to the loss of billions of lives, and end in defeat for ALL the protagonists.
    God wins.

6. Veroniquebee profile image65
    Veroniquebeeposted 8 years ago

What would I do, if Sharia Law was established in my country? Miss the bacon, that's what I would do.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would cook bacon EVERY MORNING and let the smell of it frying waft out the window into the neighborhood... and grill a pig on my backyard BBQ every night.

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Keith......Remember to also blast heavy metal music throughout the neighborhood, air an "R" rated movie outdoors & have all females wear string bikinis.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, of course. I would also plaster the outside of my house with Hustler magazine centerfolds.

4. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

THERE ya go, Keith....YOU are a Master at rebellion!  GREAT!  Very creative ideas!  LOL

5. Veroniquebee profile image65
      Veroniquebeeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, all those things are nice, but under sharia law you probably wouldn't be able to actually get them. Sounds nice, anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)