What is all the animosity and histrionics regarding the LGBT community when ther

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is all the animosity and histrionics regarding the LGBT community when there are more

serious social issues that people should be alarmed and worried about instead of the issue of homosexuality which is a non-issue?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8522098_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I do not know why some people have decided that LGBT actually is an issue. The ones that use the bible verse just ignore the other "abominations" like eating pork, or shellfish, or not attending church if you are "wounded in the stones", or have freckles. I mean, those things are non-issues, so why pick just the LGBT thing and claim that "god" is so offended by man on man sex or woman on woman sex that it is going to end life as we know it?
    There are about 8 BILLION people in the world now, and in just a few short years that number will double! But no one is claiming that overpopulation is "an issue".
    But overpopulation is THE SINGLE greatest issue facing the world today! We are running out of clean water, soon we will be running out of food due to man-made climate change too.
    Mankind is the MOST destructive animal on the planet and there is no apparent way to get people to understand the fact that this planet will only support just so many people and not one billion more.
    People wonder why death tolls are rising. But they are not rising fast enough to keep the population in check.
    Overpopulation is why there is so much traffic, so much "evil" in the world, and so much destruction. We are becoming like rats in a maze. And when rats are crowded together they turn on one another and kill.
    That is what is happening, and until we wise up and learn to control ourselves and the population, we will suffer the consequences.

3. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Fear. People fear what they don't understand, and what is out of their control.

For a lot of people, homosexuality or being transgender is difficult to understand - because they can't envision themselves loving the same (or two) genders, or feeling as though they are the opposite gender to what they are physically on the outside. So, it scares them that others can be comfortable with that which makes them uncomfortable.

With all the media coverage, and positive occurances in the LGBT (and for the LGBT) community lately, I guess the animosity could be a protective measure - "if I make sure that my children know how I feel about this community, they won't be one! And/or I won't have to explain it to my kids!!" - putting some semblance of control back into their hands (however inaccurate that might be.)

I could be wrong of course, as being gay, the LGBT community doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I'd worry more about gun control etc....but just my two cents

working